What's on your mind?

Apoc

Well, I had this thing called a skin tag (never heard of em till recently) apparently they're pretty common. It was just a little thing under my boob but it rubbed right where my bra line is and so I grabbed a pair or beautician sheers and cut it off. Yeah, I'm feeling some discomfort and sort of a fool for doing it. Hope that wasn't tmi. Again, I have no shame lol

Well' date=' I had this thing called a skin tag (never heard of em till recently) apparently they're pretty common. It was just a little thing under my boob but it rubbed right where my bra line is and so I grabbed a pair or beautician sheers and cut it off. Yeah, I'm feeling some discomfort and sort of a fool for doing it. Hope that wasn't tmi. Again, I have no shame lol[/quote'] 5006227+_153648e296b418d30747341b271a53bb.jpg

My wife gets skin tags. A bit of bad luck' date=' that placement... my parents have both had skin cancer (very small) from exposure to the sun, something I'll have to watch out for in the future.[/quote'] I was reading up about them and apparently they can be hereditary, from obesity or just happen There's a very small percentage of anything being serious but it's considered a cosmetic procedure to be removed. I was also reading up on home remedies and all seemed like the waiting game. I had no patience. I suppose I should've gone to the doctor because that would've been the smart thing to do or learned to live with it *sigh* so your parents are ok now? They got the cancer removed? I stay out of the sun as much as possible. I'm pretty fair skinned and am not a sun lover to begin with. Def keep yourself covered up and spf'd @ all times :)

So my weekend of cycling is finally finished. Started Friday night on the track with motopacing (basically do X number of laps behind a motorbike getting as close to it as possible) 20 laps at 52 kilometers per hour (or five kilometers to give an idea of the distance covered) that was reasonable considering I was training a new pilot (for those who don't know I'm vision impaired and so ride a tandem bike and the pilot is the person up front doing the steering). Yesterday out on the road for a hills ride. I put in a fairly strong showing there as well so that went well. Today was a 17 kilometer time trial, but before that we had to get there so on the bikes again it was for 25 kilometers. My younger brother (also my pilot on the road) and I wanted to do a time of 34 minutes in the time trial (which would have been an average of about 30kph). The time we rode in was 30 minutes and 35 seconds.

Re: What's on your mind? Still at the hospital with my daughter. Yesterday she was off of the CPAP machine, but was put onto the blue lights for jaundice, which we had expected with my wife's colestasis. She was getting really frustrated around feedings, but seemed to be doing well otherwise. Then this morning, we go down to feed her and see her back on oxygen, and the nurse tells us her x-rays look worse and and she is back on IV food, and won't be feeding until she gets better. I had a mini-meltdown and demanded an explanation, which she had a tough time providing. I demanded to speak to the doctor, and she said he wouldn't be in until 10, so I told her I would be back. We saw the doctor on our way down and he let us in the door, but wouldn't even make eye contact or talk to us, he just rushed to his desk. We just grabbed our daughter and loved on her while the nurse consulted with him, and he sent her back in to tell us it wasn't as bad as she made it out to be. She apologized and went out of her way to take care of us, to which I made a few comments about her incompetence and the staff's incompetence. I still demanded to talk to the doctor, and when he came in to explain things, he still had a tough time making eye contact and his voice was quivering as he talked. They said that she probably wouldn't eat much and she would be sleeping most of the day, and they would call us to come feed her if she woke up. Well, my strong girl showed them and ate more in the last 3 sessions than they thought she could, and they've now been forced to turn down her IV intake again. Smug bastards don't know shit, it's getting really old having to show these supposed professionals how wrong they are. Ultimately though, we're just thrilled that she's still improving, and she's been eating so much so fast, that we've had extra time to spend with her before she has to go back under the lights again. Really encouraging stuff, and her opening her eyes and just connecting with us on a non-verbal level has been very moving. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I was reading up about them and apparently they can be hereditary, from obesity or just happen There's a very small percentage of anything being serious but it's considered a cosmetic procedure to be removed. I was also reading up on home remedies and all seemed like the waiting game. I had no patience. I suppose I should've gone to the doctor because that would've been the smart thing to do or learned to live with it *sigh* so your parents are ok now? They got the cancer removed? I stay out of the sun as much as possible. I'm pretty fair skinned and am not a sun lover to begin with. Def keep yourself covered up and spf'd @ all times :)
My mother has just been diagnosed with "rodent ulcers" (no not blemishes in the shape of rats). They are apparently able to become cancerous if not treated via surgery and she has at least 4 so they are operating on her to cut them out. I have terrible skin - have had all my life - on my back especially with acne.

My mother has just been diagnosed with "rodent ulcers" (no not blemishes in the shape of rats). They are apparently able to become cancerous if not treated via surgery and she has at least 4 so they are operating on her to cut them out. I have terrible skin - have had all my life - on my back especially with acne.
Awww I'm sorry to hear that :( Lets hope all goes well with her surgery and they are able to remove eveything with no complications. Are you concerned that you may be @ risk for the same thing? If so is there any kind of prevention?

Man... good luck. I've never heard of that condition. Sounds like they caught it all early enough? @ Mere, yes, my parents are alright, thanks! My dad is a carpenter, so he's got decades of working outside and driving with the window down, and all that sun exposure is what did it. I tend to forget to use sunscreen, I kinda hate the stuff, but I know I need to get better about using it.

Awww I'm sorry to hear that :( Lets hope all goes well with her surgery and they are able to remove eveything with no complications. Are you concerned that you may be @ risk for the same thing? If so is there any kind of prevention?
Thanks Mere and FA, it's good they caught it so early so I am hopeful it's a clean getaway before they become cancerous. I try not to worry about illnesses I may get, my dad has Parkinsons (which is fucking awful) and more or less everyone else in the family has died of or been ill with cancer so the stats are there regardless.

Thanks Mere and FA' date=' it's good they caught it so early so I am hopeful it's a clean getaway before they become cancerous. I try not to worry about illnesses I may get, my dad has Parkinsons (which is fucking awful) and more or less everyone else in the family has died of or been ill with cancer so the stats are there regardless.[/quote'] That's a massive bummer. My father's dad had Parkinsons, and I've known at least one other person with it. There's also been cancer on both sides of my family. It seems like the only way I can express how I feel about it is with my music. I've written several sets of lyrics that deal with the experience of watching them suffer, and the fear of going through the same thing. Sometimes I worry that it's inappropriate of me to write about people in the way that I do, but at least I feel like I've been able to make something positive out of the experience.

That's a massive bummer. My father's dad had Parkinsons' date=' and I've known at least one other person with it. There's also been cancer on both sides of my family. It seems like the only way I can express how I feel about it is with my music. I've written several sets of lyrics that deal with the experience of watching them suffer, and the fear of going through the same thing. Sometimes I worry that it's inappropriate of me to write about people in the way that I do, but at least I feel like I've been able to make something positive out of the experience.[/quote'] I don't think it's inappropriate at all. It's an outlet - mine's listening to music as opposed to writing it. I may well end up with any number of illnesses (none of which anyone would want) but we just can't live waiting for them. When they happen we choose how we deal with them and how we express the damage they bring, otherwise just take each day as it comes.

Getting really sick and tired of people who know nothing about a given field volunteering their opinion as if they majored in it. Being an IPOL major makes this especially frustrating since every stupid bloody assclown with an opinion considers him or herself capable of speaking on conflict, diplomacy, international agreements and policy. At least those in the hard sciences have a lot less of this to put up with. No moron is going to crawl out of the woodwork saying that gravity is just a plot by the CIA and astrophysicists to keep people from escaping to a lunar utopia. Generally these people are victims of appalling self-centeredness to the point of denial, being it seems thoroughly lacking in the imagination necessary to help them conceive of how analysis of these phenomena might be difficult and how many factors might be at play. It is infuriating to have taken a number of classes on economics and war, at perhaps the best political science school in the nation, and then have some smug idiot present a completely hare-brained conspiracy theory about the US (for it is always about the US; being completely unaware of history or let alone most of the rest of the world these folks make the unconscious assumption that the US is the world) that makes absolutely no sense on any level at all - and have people sympathize with them purely based on the fact that the latter theory involves 'sticking it to the man' which I suppose is for complete fools much more satisfying than ever opening a scholarly journal. The world of politics is far more complex than that and hearing people proclaim these utterly asinine theories from up their own asses without even the most piteous shred of evidence is a savage insult to anyone who actually studies the field with any kind of diligence.