What's on your mind?

Apoc

Re: What's on your mind? I haven't had a chance to check in with you guys yet, but last night was the night I became a dad. We spent all day yesterday at the hospital, they induced her at 37 weeks because her retard doctors removed her gallbladder when she was having another issue that they never could diagnose (likely some liver or kidney problem), and without a gallbladder producing enzymes to deal with her bile acids, she developed colestasis when she was pregnant. The risk of stillbirth goes up exponentially after 37 weeks with colestasis, so they decided to err on the side of caution. After 4 hours of allowing the medication to thin her cervix, they started her induction, and it took her about 12 hours to fully dilate. She only pushed for about an hour,.and my baby was here. She let out some insane screams, she clearly got my lung power, but then after about 10 minutes she started grunting. She had sucked a bunch of amniotic fluid into her lungs, taking her first breath just a little too early. They suctioned out a bunch, but she has been in the NICU since then on a CPAP machine to help her open her lungs and clean them out. She is insanely beautiful, and I cried my eyes out when I saw her, she's the best thing I've ever done. They say she'll probably be in NICU for about a week, and we can't wait to have her out and be with her all the time. I'll be in the hospital for a few days, but I've been trying to keep up posting from my phone (as I do anyway) as I get time here and there. Make sure to PM me if anything is needed in a moderation capacity, I may not see a post right away if I'm busy. And in case anyone was wondering, she was of course born with a whole head of hair, but no beard. :D Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Can you imagine? "You better stop being mean to me' date=' or my daddy will ban you!":D[/quote'] I like the idea of her going to elementary school in a kid's size !T.O.O.H! shirt, and the subsequent idea of high school meat-headed deathcore fans crapping their pants upon seeing her.

Re: What's on your mind? I can only hope that she'll share my taste in music, but odds are that she probably won't. What she will be raised with is a broad spectrum of music in her life, and a respect for and understanding of many different genres. Also, her mother and I both want to make sure to start her on a musical instrument at a young age and give her a good background in music, as regardless of what interests she decides to pursue, that can be a good foundation for anything artistic, expressive, or requiring focus and/or discipline. Thanks for all of the well wishes guys and gals, I sincerely appreciate it. It's been rough having her not with us, getting next to no sleep, and getting my wife through recovery, so the encouragement helps. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I only started playing guitar at 17 Birdy so don't feel too bad. Last year I learned just how messed up my playing technique had become (my former teacher never bothered to make sure I wasn't picking up nasty habits). Consequently I spent most of last year relearning the instrument.

I wish I'd started out with my current teacher. He's a massive metalhead and he takes the time to correct technical flaws. I kind of feel a bit sorry for him there was that much wrong with my playing at the start of last year. I've made real progress though and can't wait for lessons to start up again soon.

Last year I learned The Hellion/Electric Eye, The Trooper, Raining Blood, Seasons In The Abyss, Burnt Offerings by Testament, Symbolic (by Death) and War Pigs. What's more unlike with the previous teacher I can actually still remember how to play them properly because it's broken down into parts each lesson as opposed to learning everything at once.

I can only hope that she'll share my taste in music, but odds are that she probably won't. What she will be raised with is a broad spectrum of music in her life, and a respect for and understanding of many different genres. Also, her mother and I both want to make sure to start her on a musical instrument at a young age and give her a good background in music, as regardless of what interests she decides to pursue, that can be a good foundation for anything artistic, expressive, or requiring focus and/or discipline. Thanks for all of the well wishes guys and gals, I sincerely appreciate it. It's been rough having her not with us, getting next to no sleep, and getting my wife through recovery, so the encouragement helps. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
My little guy likes most of what I put on, especially clearly recorded stuff with energetic rock beats or blastbeats. Who knows how long it'll last, but it's pretty awesome now. I can't wait for you to start spending time with your girl, I hope you get to spend a ton of time together. I wish her a speedy recovery - and to your wife as well. I know you had to induce, and there were complications, but it's great that the birth process itself went smoothly.