Dear MetalHeads,

Mr. MetalMan

As I said in my Introduction, a great part about metal is the metal community. We usally respect each other's opinions even if we don't agree with them. So why do we have to be so rude to the MetalCore community? I personally don't like the genre. That doesn't mean I have to insult everyone who likes the genre. People have the freewill to make they're own decisions. So stop trying to do it for them. If you really can't stand the idea of people liking the genre, suggest some bands to them. Just stop being mean to people because of their decisions. It's descrimination. Let's stop it now. Remember, we're a community. Sincerly, Mr. MetalHead

Re: Dear MetalHeads, I dislike "melodic metalcore", and I do talk shit about the music, but not the fans. People can listen to and like whatever they want, just like I can not listen to and dislike whatever I want. My main problem comes from its misrepresentation by the media as a genre of metal, when usually what people call metalcore is screamo with some melodies lifted from melodic death metal. I don't care if people listen to it, but call it what it is. Real metalcore is metal mixed with hardcore punk, as the name implies, not emo with extra distortion. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I try not to make fun of them. I'm not into that genre, but if other people are, it's their beeswax. I'm glad satellite radio came out with a filter for some stations, so I get less metalcore on Liquid Metal. Other than that, I treat it the way I used to treat glam metal back in ye olde times: mostly just ignore it. I listen to what I like, and I skip what I don't. Seems to be the easy way to do it. :)

I think metalcore is boring and bland but I it getting ridiculous with the subgenra bashing. I mean, everyone has they own taste but bashing other people's taste isn't cool. I see this kinda with bands of carton bands. a few weeks ago on facebook, their was a fans of lich king and A7X trashing talking eacher over something so stupid and ridiculous. it sad but somewhat comical but unfortunate it was a clear example how metalheads are often divided by taste and treat who they consider posers. I mean sadly, bashing other subgenre and bands from other subgenra you can't stand become childish and bringing in more hatred

Re: Dear MetalHeads,

I think metalcore is boring and bland but I it getting ridiculous with the subgenra bashing. I mean, everyone has they own taste but bashing other people's taste isn't cool. I see this kinda with bands of carton bands. a few weeks ago on facebook, their was a fans of lich king and A7X trashing talking eacher over something so stupid and ridiculous. it sad but somewhat comical but unfortunate it was a clear example how metalheads are often divided by taste and treat who they consider posers. I mean sadly, bashing other subgenre and bands from other subgenra you can't stand become childish and bringing in more hatred
I saw that, and while I personally think both bands suck ass for different reasons, it was pretty funny. The new A7X logo looked just like Overkill's logo, and the posted a picture of Overkill tshirts (not sure if they were real or fake) that said, "Get your own fucking logo!" Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Lich king isn't really all band. I mean they try not to take themselves seriously. I think one the problem with the new generation of thrash bands is that the costent joking around shtick kinda turns a lot of metalheads off. I like fun metal bands but not everyone crazy about the fun and goofy shit anymore. Lich king has improved a bit no thanks in part of the revolving doors of personal chenges LOL. as for the A7X goes, it one of the meanstreal acts I really tried to get into but can't see to do so. the problem with them is that they're bland. most of there fanbase are chicks who also adore the living daylight out of Five Finger Death Punch. I brought the whole Lich King/A7X shenanigan was that many fans do take there passion for there favorite bands and favorite type of metal way too seriously. I'm not very close minded but I least try to check out what the big deal about certin bands including the ones that people seen to be make a fuss over while other metals heads rip and mock them. like I said before, everyone has their own taste.

Lich king isn't really all band. I mean they try not to take themselves seriously. I think one the problem with the new generation of thrash bands is that the costent joking around shtick kinda turns a lot of metalheads off. I like fun metal bands but not everyone crazy about the fun and goofy shit anymore. Lich king has improved a bit no thanks in part of the revolving doors of personal chenges LOL. as for the A7X goes, it one of the meanstreal acts I really tried to get into but can't see to do so. the problem with them is that they're bland. most of there fanbase are chicks who also adore the living daylight out of Five Finger Death Punch. I brought the whole Lich King/A7X shenanigan was that many fans do take there passion for there favorite bands and favorite type of metal way too seriously. I'm not very close minded but I least try to check out what the big deal about certin bands including the ones that people seen to be make a fuss over while other metals heads rip and mock them. like I said before, everyone has their own taste.
I don't have a problem with metal bands cracking jokes. Especially in the old school thrash/crossover scenes and early death metal, you could be serious musically while having fun lyrically. Lich King is obviously a joke, but that seems to be their only "strength", as their music is every bit as lame as all of their other retro pizza thrash compatriots, almost as if they are all putting more effort into their image and schtick than their music. For posers, the music is secondary to the image, and a strong case could be made to include Lich King with the posers that they're making fun of. There's a big difference between bands like Macabre, Pungent Stench, S.O.D., Carnivore, etc... and the douchebag jokers in bands like Lich King and Gama Bomb. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Lich king first 2 albums do have not so great production and did they ever pissed the black metal crowd with there hilarious tune called "Black Metal Sucks". I'll agree they're making more effort than any of the new old school thrash acts. btw, why are those band being called pizza thrash anyway?

Lich king first 2 albums do have not so great production and did they ever pissed the black metal crowd with there hilarious tune called "Black Metal Sucks". I'll agree they're making more effort than any of the new old school thrash acts. btw' date=' why are those band being called pizza thrash anyway?[/quote'] If that song was supposed to be funny, they failed miserably, just like everything else they try for. I don't think they're making more effort than other pizza thrashers, they're not any different AFAIC. Also, many have taken to calling bands like this "pizza thrash" because pizza (and beer that most of their fans are too young to even buy) seems to be a bigger focus to them than writing riffs and songs. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

If that song was supposed to be funny, they failed miserably, just like everything else they try for. I don't think they're making more effort than other pizza thrashers, they're not any different AFAIC. Also, many have taken to calling bands like this "pizza thrash" because pizza (and beer that most of their fans are too young to even buy) seems to be a bigger focus to them than writing riffs and songs. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
pizza, beer, thrashing, moshing, zombies, movie references, and of course boobs. you know that shit that serious bands don't touch accept for the zombie shit. I think lich king isn't bad and not perfect but to each his/her own.

I personally think we should respect all metal heads' date=' but it's okay to tease others just don't bully them about what genre of metal they like. I mean I tease my band mates all the time about the genres they like or bands *cough* black veil brides *cough* but never beat them up about it.[/quote'] agree with ya 100%

pizza, beer, thrashing, moshing, zombies, movie references, and of course boobs. you know that shit that serious bands don't touch accept for the zombie shit. I think lich king isn't bad and not perfect but to each his/her own.
except they do, there are a plethora of songs by serious metal bands about most of those topics (can't think of any about pizza but who the hell would write about that anyway). I'm not trying to be an asshole or anything but it's a case of why buy Johnnie Walker when Glenfiddich is the same price (I know my scotch way better then my beer).

• 3 weeks later...