What's on your mind?

Apoc

There's only so much shit one person can deal with though. It's really the perfect storm at present my home life sucks, university no longer offers relief and I was sadly mistaken when I thought I'd broken free from the crushing grip of clinical depression. Perhaps the solution is embracing the darkness rather then resisting it.

Man, I hate that. I'm sorry you have to go through it. My depression got really savage about eight or nine years ago. The best thing I ever did was write music about it - at least something productive came out of my misery. It's not as frequent anymore but it still hits me hard sometimes. The times when I'm not depressed, I'm really glad that I didn't give in to it. I guess I shouldn't listen to Shining! :P

Re: What's on your mind?

Test post... did I get flagged for something? The last thing I tried to post, I got a message saying it had to be "approved". How, I wonder, could I, a simple Knight, have so angered the Forum Masters? edit: hmm, no... that one worked. Weird.
That happens once in a while, and I'm not sure what does it. At least it tends to be fairly isolated, maybe only once every two or three weeks do I hear of it happening. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Vocals or guitar harmonies? Why don't you like it?
For some reson, there is one note we're harmonizing as a major third and it sounds like shit every time we try. Other notes prior to and after that note use the same harmony (but not all of them), it's just this one that we can't get to work. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

What's the issue, does it not fit the song or does it actually sound out of tune? Is your bassist hitting the right note? Shit like that does just happen sometimes... I treat it as a sign to pare things back. I just did a really nice vocal harmony intro that doesn't seem to fit with my song the way I'd intended, so you're not alone...

No bass it's just two guitars and when we play the individual notes of a fragmented chord together the note(s) sound horrible. When strummed individually they sound right. The theory is sound but the practicality isn't. We'll figure it out eventually but it didn't work like it should've. A friend of mine said it was probably the F# that was throwing us off, we tune to B,E,A,D,F#,B. He said if we played in the key of C it should work but I think we tried it. Either way it's befuddling.

No bass it's just two guitars and when we play the individual notes of a fragmented chord together the note(s) sound horrible. When strummed individually they sound right. The theory is sound but the practicality isn't. We'll figure it out eventually but it didn't work like it should've. A friend of mine said it was probably the F# that was throwing us off' date=' we tune to B,E,A,D,F#,B. He said if we played in the key of C it should work but I think we tried it. Either way it's befuddling.[/quote'] We didn't use the F# string though, so I don't think that's it. And no Murph, we didn't try a different octave, which is actually a good idea. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Sometimes I've had problems when the two guitars have different intonation, but little tuning issues aren't usually as apparent in a third, at least not to me. Eh. Theory is all great, but I usually just use my ear and when something sounds cool, I figure it out afterwards. I'm sure you guys will get it sorted out. I'll be interested to hear new stuff, I like what you've got on soundcloud.

What's really on my mind now: My kid figured out how to pour milk into his glass. Unfortunately he's not great at it just yet. So half the carton wound up in his glass; the other half is on the floor. Now he's swirling a spoon around in his glass and taking out spoonfuls of milk and dumping them on the table. Yes! Amazing! And my beloved Galaxy Note II has a malfunctioning USB port, so it won't charge. So it's dead. And my wife forgot hers at work on Long Island, by sheer coincidence. I'm liking phoneless life, I'd forgotten how relaxing it was.

What's on my mind? VICTORY!!! Once again when given no hope of winning Port Adelaide, the AFL's overwhelming underdog, pull through for the win. I don't even care what happens for the rest of the week 'cause nothing is going to keep me from smiling. I get not many on here get sports (and to be honest sometimes I don't get why it's such a big deal either) but as a supporter I have to say moments like this are what it's all about.

What's really on my mind now: My kid figured out how to pour milk into his glass. Unfortunately he's not great at it just yet. So half the carton wound up in his glass; the other half is on the floor. Now he's swirling a spoon around in his glass and taking out spoonfuls of milk and dumping them on the table. Yes! Amazing! And my beloved Galaxy Note II has a malfunctioning USB port, so it won't charge. So it's dead. And my wife forgot hers at work on Long Island, by sheer coincidence. I'm liking phoneless life, I'd forgotten how relaxing it was.
I mostly just use my phone as a computer, since I don't have a home computer, I hate cell phones. They give the illusion of freedom, being hands free and allowing you to communicate whenever you choose, but they're more of a tether tying you to everything else. Cell phones come with the expectation that you should always be available whenever somebody wants something from you, diminishing any sense of freedom that they should bestow. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm impressed that you manage to run the forum without a home computer. Smartphones are insidiously addicitive. I didn't even realize how frequently I looked at the thing until it died. I still find myself glancing at it every so often. Behavioral conditioning. Unfortunately, in NYC, they're the lifeblood of professional and social circles. I miss having the camera to take pictures of my kid when he does cute stuff. And I used it as my mp3 player, so I kind of miss that, but I shouldn't use earbuds for a while anyway. I have something wrong with one of my ears - it keeps filling up with fluid, especially at night. It sucks because I'm close to finishing my recording and I want to have my ears fresh for any mixing tweaks that need to happen. No way I could pay a pro to mix the stuff for me.