suggestions

A7X stoner ftw

Re: Discovering new bands

Well I like both black and death metal actually but I am relatively open to most genres. I guess if you want to know I freaking adore behemoth. So maybe a drumming style similar to theirs? Black' date=' death, folk?[/quote'] I like to do my recommendations with YouTube videos to accompany them, but I'm just on my phone right now. I'll try to make some time to put some up tomorrow, and I'll use Behemoth as the base for my recommendations, but try to make it a bit broader than that. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Here are a few that I think should appeal to a Behemoth fan: Akercocke - Praise the Name of Satan: zN248Gc4oH8 Akercocke are more of a progressive blackened death metal band, and tend to have many different textures than most Behemoth songs. However, they're usually cranking out some insane riffs with crazy high speed drumming. The intro is almost two minutes long, but once it kicks in, it's pretty ridiculous. Jason is a pretty great vocalist too, with high black metal shrieks, super low death growls, and some great cleans. David Gray is one of the fastest drummers I've ever heard though. Anaal Nathrakh - Do Not Speak: Hu1rkT8oM-s Anaal Nathrakh are a UK band that combine black metal and grindcore. This album is probably their least grind influenced, but is ridiculously intense. The vocals are ridiculous, the drumming and riffs are all super high speed (they use a drum machine for their albums, but play with a live drummer), and the atmosphere is dark and hateful. Everything is just turned up to 11 here, it's all balls out with these guys. Angelcorpse - As Predators to Prey: ZvLCFqumVWg Angelcorpse were one of the earlier US bands to play such an extreme death/black metal hybrid. Much of their influence derives from Morbid Angel, but there is also a ton of black metal in their sound, and they do have a unique way of doing things at such high speeds. Their drummer, John Longstreth, is one of the most respected high speed drummers out there, having played with tons of other bands in his career. This is another band that doesn't frequently drop below high speed, but why should they when they kick so much ass at it? Antaeus - Those With No Eyes: hmIct-gEFuw Antaeus are a French black metal band that are a great deal different from most of their more atmospheric countrymen. These guys play super high speed, raw as shit, sick black metal. The blast beats are pretty ridiculous on this album, and the overall tempo and feel is pretty relentless, aided by the vicious vocal performance and nasty guitar riffs. Obviously much less death metal than Behemoth, but the overall speed and dark riffs should appeal to you. Antediluvian - Luminous Harvest: y11SyYqSekA Antediluvian are a newer Canadian band making some pretty filthy and murky death metal. They have a sort of primordial atmosphere about them, despite being somewhat complex, and they do use a lot of tempo shifts. However, when they do go fast, they get pretty brutal, and the drums are pretty high up in the mix. Maybe this isn't quite what you're looking for, maybe it is, but it's worth a shot. Blasphemophagher - Beyond Absolute Chaos: KRXYLu1bw_I Blasphemophagher are a newer Italian black/death metal band that took me by surprise with this album. I had heard good things, but I had not necessarily expected this level of intensity. This is sort of similar to Angelcorpse, but with a bit more black metal and thrash metal in their sound. There is some mid-paced stuff on this album, but even that stuff is just relentless and ass kicking. Crionics - Matrix of Piety: c1r05qdff8w Crionics are a Polish black/death metal band, and like Behemoth in many ways. Being from the same country, playing the same style of music, and even dressing similarly means that they do get compared to them a lot, and it's not invalid. However, Crionics also have a great deal of Emperor influence in their sound, so in addition to the heavy riffs and blasting drums, you get some symphonic keyboards. So, it's not a direct sound alike, but I do still quite enjoy this band. Dead Congregation - Feasting Angelcunts: SfAFXakaSVk Dead Congregation are a newer Greek death metal that focusing on making very evil sounding death metal. The general tempo here is really fucking fast, but they do have some slower and heavier sections. However, the fast sections are made up of lightning speed tremolo riffs and insanely fast blast beats, with some nasty sounding vocals to paint quite the brutal portrait. These guys are fantastic, I just wish they would make another album already. Decapitated - Winds of Creation: IOIMNzFq12U Decapitated are a Polish technical death metal band, and this album is one of my favorites in the style. The reason is that despite the break neck speeds and insane technical prowess on display, they still have a good sense of catchiness and memorability. They're a great deal more technical than Behemoth and don't have any of the black metal influence they do, but they do both sound "Polish" and play very fast. What may be the most impressive part about the musicianship here is the very young age of those playing, the drummer was only 16 at the time of this recording. December Wolves - To Kill Without Emotion: epTV4SwVgGg December Wolves are one of my favorite American black metal bands, due to their inclusion of thrashy riffs, and being as absolutely relentless as possible. The drums here are high up in the mix, and are pretty damn fast and punishing, which fits perfectly with the band's riffs and vocals. Not much else to say about these guys, except that they should absolutely be much bigger than they are. Anyway, there are 10 to get you started. Let me know which ones you liked and which ones you didn't, as well as which ones you were already familiar with, and I'll be able to do better next time.

Blasphemophager' date=' Crionics, Decapitated and Bolt Thrower which that other guy mentioned. Those four are awesome, especially Crionics. But thanks so much for that, Its more than enough :)[/quote'] Let me know if you want some more, I can hone in a little better on what you're looking for now that I have some feedback.

• 2 months later...

Re: Looking for an awesome Melodeath band?

BTW do you guys know where I can get Suidakra cd's from? Besides the website. The website doesn't have anything for american dollars.
You should be able to get their last couple of albums almost anywhere, I'm sure eBay or Amazon would have them if you can't find a distro selling them. Use the search bar toward the bottom of the page on the right. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

If one was looking for a new band to listen to would it not make sense for said band to actually be, you know, good? No offence but the two bands you mentioned are among the worst pseudo-metal bands known to man. I will recommend some bands that may ween you off this diet of metalcore onto the much meatier realm of true metal though. Dark Tranquillity: Melodic death metal which is misappropriated by all metalcore bands in the most rudimentary form possible. You will find no watered down lazy melodies from Dark Tranquillity however. I would suggest starting with the album "Damage Done" Quo Vadis: Quo Vadis are a melodic technical death metal band with vocals which are very easy to understand. I suggest starting with the album Defiant Imagination Blind Guardian: clean vocals exclusively here and brilliant ones at that. Blind Guardian are power metal through and through and really the only way to experience the works of Tolkien. I suggest starting with Nightfall In Middle Earth and working backwards Persuader: Persuader are a heavier Blind Guardian minus the Tolkien inspired lyrics. I suggest starting with Evolution Purgatory Queensryche: Sadly worthless these days Queensryche were once a fantastic progressive metal band. Operation Mindcrime rates as among the finest ever prog metal albums in my books. If you're looking for a more heavy metal approach their self titled EP is also well worth a look. Orphaned Land: You said you wanted alternating clean and harsh vocals. Orphaned Land offer this in spades with a folky middle eastern flavour to boot. Mabool is an excellent starting point containing all the elements that made Orphaned Land one of my favourite bands. Cathedral: Cathedral are a stoner/doom metal band playing super heavy shit. Forest Of Equilibrium showcases this brilliantly whilst the follow up album Ethereal Mirror is what I imagine Arena Doom would sound like. If none of those bands works for you I doubt there is much in my collection that will.

Re: Wana find a new band.

My friend we here at METAL forums like metal and not so much the alternative rock' date=' however I can recommend some Black Metal bands and BAN can send Doom and Grindcore your way if you wish.[/quote'] I'm sure I could think of a few black metal bands too... Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm sure I could think of a few black metal bands too... Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
I doubt, and I don't mean this offensively, that you could name off as much as I could, I mean I listen to a lot BM. It's the main sub-genre I listen to but I do imagine that you could name off quite a few yourself. Not trying to make this into a competition just saying that I might have more of an interest in BM that most people.

I agree with you that Avenged and Bullet are not metal, thou Avenged's new song is promising, i think the new album will defenitly be metal. I want a band with awesome guitar riffs, and solos ( thats why I like Avenged) I agree with Venessa, Pantera is awesome, i like them i started listening to them 1 year ago or so. The other bands you sugested i listend to them a little bit they sound good, but i wouldn't listen to them you now like every thay or something like that, I would settle more for a trash metal or hard rock band, I know I didn't ask for that in the beginig.

"If one was looking for a new band to listen to would it not make sense for said band to actually be, you know, good? " For someone this bands are good, but for someone not, It's a matter of taste. I grew up with this two bands especially with Avenged and Syn's solos, so for me they are good, and yes if someone asks me what my favorite band is or favorite guitar player I say Avenged , i say Synyster Gates. I think It's just a question of what you are introduced with.

Everything avenged sevenfold are doing has been done better by legitimate metal bands this is fact. It is also a fact that the metal element of metalcore is an over-simplified ripoff of melodic death metal bands so everything bands such as bullet for my valentine are doing has also been done better by legitimate metal bands. If you are looking for thrash metal I can make many, many suggestions Dark Angel: if you want riffs and solos here is the perfect place to start. Check out the album Darkness Descends for a starting point Coroner - Another band with insane numbers of riffs. Punishment For Decadence is a good starting point Exhorder: For reasons unbenownst to be Exhorder seem to be known as "that band Pantera sound like" which is just so unfair because Pantera can't match the savagery demonstrated on the album Slaughter In The Vatican Sepultura: Brazilian thrashers turned tribal Korn imitation (greatest tragedy in metal history from a musical standpoint) but Beneath The Remains and Schizophrenia are some of the finest thrash metal albums ever released Destruction: These badass Germans are doing good things nowadays such as their latest album Spiritual Genocide but their early material is where they really shine see the Mad Butcher EP and Release From Agony album for proof Kreator: Kreator are very inconsistent these days but Pleasure To Kill still stands as one of the finest of thrash masterpieces Artillery: buying these guys early albums is a crazy thing to try it will set you back enormously for some reason I can't fathom. best shoot for the Deadly Relics compilation album to get a sample of what these more melodic thrashers are all about