What Are You Listening To?

khaos

17 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

Horna "Haudankylmyyden Mailla"

This again.  One thing that stands out is how mixed a bag it really is.  It starts really strong but then track 4 is like a half arsed rehearsal attempt that they try to pass off as being "truuu" or "kvlt" which I really fucking hate.  A shit track is a shit track, being a BM band doesn't grace you the authority to clog an album up with bilge!

Anyway, thankfully the album picks up again from the mid-point onwards and vocally I think it is a strong effort.  The album needs a trim most definitely but still is a solid progression from the previous release.

17 hours ago, MacabreEternal said: Horna "Haudankylmyyden Mailla"

This again.  One thing that stands out is how mixed a bag it really is.  It starts really strong but then track 4 is like a half arsed rehearsal attempt that they try to pass off as being "truuu" or "kvlt" which I really fucking hate.  A shit track is a shit track, being a BM band doesn't grace you the authority to clog an album up with bilge!

Anyway, thankfully the album picks up again from the mid-point onwards and vocally I think it is a strong effort.  The album needs a trim most definitely but still is a solid progression from the previous release.

Some of their albums are a bit uneven. My favorite would definitely be Sanojesi Äärelle, which actually plays into that uneven nature by splitting the music between two discs that sound a bit different from one another.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

Some of their albums are a bit uneven. My favorite would definitely be Sanojesi Äärelle, which actually plays into that uneven nature by splitting the music between two discs that sound a bit different from one another.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

I am working my way through their discography in order (for once) but I have heard good things about "Sanojesi.."

NP

Sun Worship "Pale Dawn" - this passed me by somehow but I have just located it safely in my Bandcamp wishlist.  Strong follow up to "Elder Giants".