General Pics (Holidays, walks, outings etc.)

13 minutes ago, jfk36 said:

At first I was like, oh, that's a pretty cool sculpture, then I was like HOLY CRAP THOSE ARE FOOTPRINTS, THAT THING IS HUGE!!!

It took a while to make, but it was fun. My son kept on trying to jump into it. After about an hour of fending him off, I figured I might as well just go with it. He had his revenge: he destroyed it less than a minute after I took that second photo.

I've been going through some of my files recently and came across a whole load of music related stuff, some of it is pure gold.

BRbUcGt.jpgWOHEqBy.gif2DbM9Va.jpg8K9YRGX.jpg

Letter from Lemmy concerning heroin

dLmVo94.jpg

Two Irish legends

gkQ7MU2.jpg

Lzzy Hale at high school prom

DJ1mEIr.jpg

I don't think words do this justice

BMWqPME.jpg

NgEvpiE.jpg

lS5nNm0.jpg

CziUzIa.jpg

fImDJut.jpg

GEf7xlX.jpg

The Bullet bus

XQAHESU.jpg

Ozzy looking unimpressed

WH1klkW.jpg

I have many more where they come from.

I can't be assed captioning them all, so if you got any questions, just ask

cwiTN6G.jpg

9BTo5WD.jpg

GokZKs0.jpg

fmdr2lH.jpg

mCCOlhq.jpg

hUVOPhr.jpg

N87kwQe.jpg

EWt2lo9.jpg

Gv0W9x2.jpg

GHjQ7Cb.jpg

cu4h5F0.jpg

sN9dCA1.jpg

lRlf5cB.jpg

0ikioFt.jpg

wYPkQCQ.jpg

cLWUkX9.jpg

UT7Z7Km.jpg

QLIdv81.jpg

Gzy4lZo.jpg

MBeg9sS.jpg

Qck5XbY.jpg

FJTPAZ5.jpg

iGE66Gw.jpg

0rSRMVc.jpg

sCRIAO6.png

niQ6Uz1.jpg

79iXPC9.png

2 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

More, more, more

You are like the forums very own Internet k hole!

I just had a look at that, and oh my lord some of it is pure gold

posers-fuck-off.jpg

passed-out.jpg

kiss.jpg

Is that Lars Ulrich?

lars.jpg

metal.jpg

muscle-man.jpg

muscles.jpg

party.jpg

who-are-you-going-to-see.jpg

Unfortunately i didn't take any of them. Most of them are just photos I have collected, I have a hard drive somewhere filled with old photos, concert posters and he like, I'll see if I can find it.

I also have a few folders filled with photos taken by Hedi Slimane, that fashion designer guy. 

Here are a few from one of those reunion concerts Ritchie Blackmore is doing

Ij5qKjm.jpg

7M7X4Gj.jpg

zn9oDCA.jpg

JJfwlqF.jpg

LTXQMuU.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, natassja7 said:

^ I want that bed..:) what a great place..never heard about it..

It has some fancy £100 a dish restaurant in the basement (which we didn't eat in), but it is far more fitting as a hotel.  Some great decor and odd ornaments.  Costs a fucking bomb though so probably a one off. Great location next to Edinburgh Castle. My girlfriend did me proud for my 40th.

4 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

It has some fancy £100 a dish restaurant in the basement (which we didn't eat in), but it is far more fitting as a hotel.  Some great decor and odd ornaments.  Costs a fucking bomb though so probably a one off. Great location next to Edinburgh Castle. My girlfriend did me proud for my 40th.

Great ...glad you had a nice time and happy birthday :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join Metal Forum

joinus-home.jpg

• Our picks

• Whichever tier of thrash metal you consigned Sacred Reich back in the 80's/90's they still had their moments.  "Ignorance" & "Surf Nicaragura" did a great job of establishing the band, whereas "The American Way" just got a little to comfortable and accessible (the title track grates nowadays) for my ears.  A couple more records better left forgotten about and then nothing for twenty three years.  2019 alone has now seen three releases from Phil Rind and co.  A live EP, a split EP with Iron Reagan and now a full length.

Notable addition to the ranks for the current throng of releases is former Machine Head sticksman, Dave McClean.  Love or hate Machine Head, McClean is a more than capable drummer and his presence here is felt from the off with the opening and title track kicking things off with some real gusto.  'Divide & Conquer' and 'Salvation' muddle along nicely, never quite reaching any quality that would make my balls tingle but comfortable enough.  The looming build to 'Manifest Reality' delivers a real punch when the song starts proper.  Frenzied riffs and drums with shots of lead work to hold the interest.

There's a problem already though (I know, I am such a fucking mood hoover).  I don't like Phil's vocals.  I never had if I am being honest.  The aggression to them seems a little forced even when they are at their best on tracks like 'Manifest Reality'.  When he tries to sing it just feels weak though ('Salvation') and tracks lose real punch.  Give him a riffy number such as 'Killing Machine' and he is fine with the Reich engine (probably a poor choice of phrase) up in sixth gear.  For every thrashy riff there's a fair share of rock edged, local bar act rhythm aplenty too.

Let's not poo-poo proceedings though, because overall I actually enjoy "Awakening".  It is stacked full of catchy riffs that are sticky on the old ears.  Whilst not as raw as perhaps the - brilliant - artwork suggests with its black and white, tattoo flash sheet style design it is enjoyable enough.  Yes, 'Death Valley' & 'Something to Believe' have no place here, saved only by Arnett and Radziwill's lead work but 'Revolution' is a fucking 80's thrash heyday throwback to the extent that if you turn the TV on during it you might catch a new episode of Cheers!

3/5
      • Reputation Points

• 10 replies
    • I
      • Reputation Points

• 2 replies
    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/52-vltimas-something-wicked-marches-in/
      • Reputation Points

• 3 replies

• https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/48-candlemass-the-door-to-doom/
      • Reputation Points

• 2 replies
    • Full length number 19 from overkill certainly makes a splash in the energy stakes, I mean there's some modern thrash bands that are a good two decades younger than Overkill who can only hope to achieve the levels of spunk that New Jersey's finest produce here.  That in itself is an achievement, for a band of Overkill's stature and reputation to be able to still sound relevant four decades into their career is no mean feat.  Even in the albums weaker moments it never gets redundant and the energy levels remain high.  There's a real sense of a band in a state of some renewed vigour, helped in no small part by the addition of Jason Bittner on drums.  The former Flotsam & Jetsam skinsman is nothing short of superb throughout "The Wings of War" and seems to have squeezed a little extra out of the rest of his peers.

The album kicks of with a great build to opening track "Last Man Standing" and for the first 4 tracks of the album the Overkill crew stomp, bash and groove their way to a solid level of consistency.  The lead work is of particular note and Blitz sounds as sneery and scathing as ever.  The album is well produced and mixed too with all parts of the thrash machine audible as the five piece hammer away at your skull with the usual blend of chugging riffs and infectious anthems.  

There are weak moments as mentioned but they are more a victim of how good the strong tracks are.  In it's own right "Distortion" is a solid enough - if not slightly varied a journey from the last offering - but it just doesn't stand up well against a "Bat Shit Crazy" or a "Head of a Pin".  As the album draws to a close you get the increasing impression that the last few tracks are rescued really by some great solos and stomping skin work which is a shame because trimming of a couple of tracks may have made this less obvious. 

4/5
      • Reputation Points

• 4 replies