The Sport Thread

satan 59

• 3 weeks later...

Why was I so pessimistic? Of course playing finals is something to be proud of. Made all the sweeter by knocking off Collingwood in the first elimination final. The odds were against Port Adelaide but we delivered and amongst all the great highlights this one stands out as being by far the best IyW1YKWKI3o

• 3 weeks later...

What makes it worse is now he's admitted to taking performance enhancing drugs but insists it is only possible to perform well in cycling by taking performance enhancing drugs. He's accused Bradley Wiggins and Chris Froom of being drug cheats because they were able to win the Tour De France.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Re: The Sport Thread

Follow any particular AFL club SBird? And how sweet is it to finally reclaim that little urn? Keep this up and we could send England home without a single win to their name.
I follow melbourne, not going so great right now but hopefully with roo's as coach and a few new midfielders like Cross and Vince we can improve our gameplay :) Definitely a sweet moment, been waiting 6 years for it. Let's send them broads out of here haha

I'm a Port Adelaide supporter. Got a lot of empathy for Melbourne supporters having been there myself. It can all turn around very quickly though as Port proved. It is horrible as a supporter when you're hoping to lose by under 100 points every week rather then hoping to win (or when things are really good expecting to win). Perth mucked Johnson up a bit though he needs 20 wickets from the last 2 tests.

I like port adelaide, they have always been one of those teams of hope goes well (Unlike Collingwood ;) ) I loved watching them back in the Warren Tredrae days, what a good year port had in 04. Melbourne have had a tough run the past few years, but I'm hoping for a much better season next year :) Suprised he didn't injure him self with the surface of the field today

I think almost every AFL fan dislikes Collingwood. Unfortunately they are the richest club in the competition and Eddie's influence over the AFL is huge. I have a major issue with him to be honest. Eddie Everywhere is the reason Port Adelaide don't get to wear our heritage guernsey (unless we seek expressed permission from Collingwood because apparently they own black and white). But that's a rant for another time. I hope Melbourne go well next year and can't way to see Jeremy Howe at his gravity defying best. Yeah that sent a shudder through me. Last thing we need is to lose Mitchell Johnson (and who'd have thought anyone would be saying that at the start of the summer).

My whole mum's side of the family supports collingwood and my dad's side are melbourne supporters, it gets heated during the queen's birthday matches. I'm not a fan of eddie and never have been, he has one of those faces you want to punch haha. Port adelaide should be able to wear their old colours with pride! I can't wait to see more of Howe's speckie's either. Let's see how buddy goes in sydney next year, I don't even think they need him. Exactly, if we lost him I would be heartbroken. We have the Urn back which is the most important thing :)

My whole family support Adelaide. I always found the attitude of that club to be rather arrogant. I don't see how a club with no historical ties in their home state can claim to be "the club for ALL South Australians". It's somewhat ironic that I have such dislike for Collingwood given that Port Adelaide are viewed the same way in SA. Here we are hated (and respected) because we have been such a dominant club and because our supporters hate losing more then anything in the world. Yeah it's almost unfair how strong Sydney's forward line is. LRT, Buddy, Tippett, Goodes, Pike, I guess they lost Mumford but still how do you stop that many monsters? I don't think Clarke is satisfied with reclaiming the urn. I think he wants to grind England right into the dirt.

My whole family support Adelaide. I always found the attitude of that club to be rather arrogant. I don't see how a club with no historical ties in their home state can claim to be "the club for ALL South Australians". It's somewhat ironic that I have such dislike for Collingwood given that Port Adelaide are viewed the same way in SA. Here we are hated (and respected) because we have been such a dominant club and because our supporters hate losing more then anything in the world. Yeah it's almost unfair how strong Sydney's forward line is. LRT, Buddy, Tippett, Goodes, Pike, I guess they lost Mumford but still how do you stop that many monsters? I don't think Clarke is satisfied with reclaiming the urn. I think he wants to grind England right into the dirt.
it's good to have a revelry within the family. at the moment our revelry between melbourne and collingwood isn't going so great for me, there's always next year :) i had adelaide supporters live next door to me from south australia and they were always giving us heaps on melbourne even though at the time melbourne were the better team. Sydney is going to be ridiculous next year, i don't see how they can fit that many fowards in, i think they might win another premiership. I hope fremantle reclaim themselves after their grand final loss because i like them too. Clarky will want to smash the poms until it's all over.

I like Fremantle, their defensive pressure is incredible, I also like Hawthorn. I claim Hawthorn as my second team because one of my school mates (Ryan Schoenmakers) plays for them and I hope he recovers well from his knee reco. Sydney really do take advantage of their "cost of living allowance" though which I don't like. These are professional footballers who aren't exactly struggling to make ends meet on those salaries. Statistically speaking Western Australia is more expensive to live in then New South Wales so why don't West Coast and Fremantle get a cost of living allowance? I would like the AFL to scrap that and ensure a level playing field at least in terms of maximum expense on a club's list. I think Melbourne's problem was picking inexperienced and untried coaches. Port Adelaide made the same mistake with Matthew Primus. With the right personnel things can turn around very quickly and coaches don't come much better then Paul Roos. I'm looking forward to the boxing day test. I want to see Mitchell Johnson continue terrorising England and David Warner hit the ball onto the MCG roof.

yeah they have a really great defense, hawthorn just had the better team and form for the grand final. The Fremantle forwards especially their smaller players could have done so much better in the granny. That's really cool that you have a player from your school, a mate i went to school with Matthew Buntine got drafted for GWS but he hasn't played many games for them. Yeah i totally agree, it should be completely equal across the board. Melbourne had a bad run of inexperience after 2007 with all our major and older players retiring, dean bailey did an average job as coach then mark neald did a horrible job and decided to make inexperienced players as captains and push players like Moloney out of the team. Paul Roo's will definitly make a good impact on the club as bring up young players to be great footballers. Hopefully Vince and Cross's experience will play a part in melbourne's revival. Definitely going to have a beer and watch it with dad :)

It can never be truly equal with regards to the salary cap. Some clubs just can't afford to use as much of it as others. For example Port Adelaide can only afford to use the minimum requirement set by the AFL whilst Collingwood use almost all of the cap on their list. It'll be a great test for sure. It will also be interesting to see how the drop-in wicket plays. They've been getting better in the last few seasons getting a little quicker and having a little more bounce the last two seasons.

True, Collingwood has the biggest advantage out of any club and they have been in the grand final 43 times including replays and have won 15 of them. They have such a big fan base, and they are all arrogant too, there is a house down my street that painted their house in black and white stripes and put Collingwood flags all over the house when they won in 2010 and they haven't removed them since. It will be interesting to see what happens :) very good match ahead of us, i'm pumped

It's a bit the same with Port Adelaide here. We've appeared in 71 SANFL grand finals and won 36 of them. I don't think Port supporters are arrogant but by and large we are very passionate about our club. It was so great being the club that knocked Collingwood out of the finals this year as well. I'm looking forward to the T20 series as well. With Warner in this kind of form and Aaron Finch at the other end all hell could break loose

• 2 weeks later...