Soundtracks

The Strategos

I love classical as much as I do metal. The soundtrack to The Pianist is my all time fav. One of my goal's is to learn to play the whole score. Don't know if that'll ever be achieved as I need to acquire a piano. Hoping!
Cool, do you play? Or are you just looking to learn? And when you say "piano", do you mean a real piano? My wife used to play, and she was really good, but she doesn't like playing her keyboard that much. I think what she needs is a nice baby grand... in the middle of a nice living room, in a big house, on some nice land somewhere quiet, but close to everything. Yeah. :)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, do you play? Or are you just looking to learn? And when you say "piano", do you mean a real piano? My wife used to play, and she was really good, but she doesn't like playing her keyboard that much. I think what she needs is a nice baby grand... in the middle of a nice living room, in a big house, on some nice land somewhere quiet, but close to everything. Yeah. :)
Yes I play. I do not like the action of an electric keyboard. I've had one but it's just not the same. Due to either not having my feet planted for very long or limited space I've had to live without for many years now. I truly miss playing but maybe one day that'll change. The dream you have for your wife is ideal! :D

Yes I play. I do not like the action of an electric keyboard. I've had one but it's just not the same. Due to either not having my feet planted for very long or limited space I've had to live without for many years now. I truly miss playing but maybe one day that'll change. The dream you have for your wife is ideal! :D
Ha, yeah, I think it would be perfect for her! I mess around on a keyboard, but I'm no piano player. I can only imagine having to play a plastic guitar that didn't sound all that great or feel right; that would be pure misery. Her parents have a nice piano, but the drawback is that we need to visit her parents in order for her to play it! :D They started her on piano very young, and I think their pressure turned her off to it later on. Shame, she was really very good. A much better piano player than I am a guitarist.

Never heard of that movie. As most of the movies I do watch, according to my kids, are the boring ones lol But I'll have to check out that soundtrack.
It's not a movie, it's an anime. There are several music compilations on YouTube, but Fairy Tail's soundtrack is so bloody good.

It's not a movie' date=' it's an anime. There are several music compilations on YouTube, but Fairy Tail's soundtrack is so bloody good.[/quote'] Oh ok cool. Shows you how much I know lol I never got into anime but was exposed to it through my younger brother. This is the extent of my anime viewing, that I can recall- Akira, Metropolis, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky, Appleseed, Cowboy Bebop and Trigun. I know Anime is very popular but it never was my thing. Guess maybe I'm missing out on some great music, huh? :) Ill give it a listen and let you know!

This is the extent of my anime viewing, that I can recall- Akira, Metropolis, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky, Appleseed, Cowboy Bebop and Trigun. I know Anime is very popular but it never was my thing. Guess maybe I'm missing out on some great music, huh? :) Ill give it a listen and let you know!
I've seen Cowboy Bebop and Trigun (loved the Badlands Rumble movie) of that list, and a handful of others. I'm not really an anime fan but I am trying to get exposure to the genre. Generally the music is middle-of-the-road, but this series really stood out for its soundtrack. Actually, let me just give you a mix of music, it'll make it easier. YZkihrfCTu8

I've seen Cowboy Bebop and Trigun (loved the Badlands Rumble movie) of that list, and a handful of others. I'm not really an anime fan but I am trying to get exposure to the genre. Generally the music is middle-of-the-road, but this series really stood out for its soundtrack. Actually, let me just give you a mix of music, it'll make it easier. YZkihrfCTu8
That was fantastic! Very exciting. At times it reminded me a little bit of the Trans Siberian Orchestra, without the annoying vocals. Thanks :)

Ha, yeah, I think it would be perfect for her! I mess around on a keyboard, but I'm no piano player. I can only imagine having to play a plastic guitar that didn't sound all that great or feel right; that would be pure misery. Her parents have a nice piano, but the drawback is that we need to visit her parents in order for her to play it! :D They started her on piano very young, and I think their pressure turned her off to it later on. Shame, she was really very good. A much better piano player than I am a guitarist.
I begged to have lessons. I had a passion to play. Little did I know how much my parents, mostly on my father's part, would suck the life right out of it for me. He would hover over me and critique everything I did. Both my parents are clasically trained singers and perfectionist when it comes to pretty much everything, so basically I was doomed from the start. It got to the point that I would only play when they weren't home. They have a piano and live only 5 mins away from me but as badly as I would like to play, going there is not even an option because (insert long story to be told another day) besides they would most likely not even let me in the door lol

I begged to have lessons. I had a passion to play. Little did I know how much my parents, mostly on my father's part, would suck the life right out of it for me. He would hover over me and critique everything I did. Both my parents are clasically trained singers and perfectionist when it comes to pretty much everything, so basically I was doomed from the start. It got to the point that I would only play when they weren't home. They have a piano and live only 5 mins away from me but as badly as I would like to play, going there is not even an option because (insert long story to be told another day) besides they would most likely not even let me in the door lol
That sounds like my mother-in-law, from what I've been told. I was lucky, my folks got me an electric when I was thirteen, found a rock guitarist in the neighborhood to give me lessons for about a year, and let me do my thing. I want my kid to get into music (and he loves it so far) but I'm determined not to ram it down his throat. Yeesh, I'm sorry your relationship is so uncomfortable with them, especially living so close - that must make it difficult. We see my in-laws about once a year, but it's never a comfortable experience.

We see my in-laws about once a year' date=' but it's never a comfortable experience.[/quote'] My family talks a lot more with the extended family now, but I still don't really like my cousins that much. There are about three or four of them that I like but some of them are just insufferable...

My family talks a lot more with the extended family now' date=' but I still don't really like my cousins that much. There are about three or four of them that I like but some of them are just insufferable...[/quote'] My folks are wonderful, they're my friends now that I'm older and I feel lucky. My mom's side is great, though we don't see much of them. My dad's side has always been distant - I honestly have no idea when or if I'll see any of them again, now that our mutual grandparents have died. They sort of disowned us, I suppose. But my wife's brothers are cool, and my brother is awesome. I can't complain. Except everybody lives hundreds of miles away...

In a different vein' date=' Mere, have you listened to Diabolical Masquerade's "soundtrack" for Death's Design? It's not a real movie, but they put the album together as if it were a soundtrack album. I know we mentioned it earlier in the thread... you might dig it, if you haven't already heard it.[/quote'] I have not but I will def check it out!

Re: Soundtracks

Oh, do, they're fun stuff! Diabolical Masquerade was basically a solo project from Katatonia's lead guitarist, Anders Nystrom, when he wanted to do something "heavier". Symphonic progressive blackened death metal, with elements of oh fuck it, here's a link: h-s577-hx5U
Their old stuff is awesome, like Katatonia's melodic lines set to black metal, but I dig their more progressive stuff too. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2