I admit the main reason I like XIII is Ultimecia, haha. I have heard good things about the materia system in VII, but my aversion to Cloud's personality (from what I know of it) kind of balances that. Still, you're making me curious about it again, so maybe I'll end up getting to it this summer.
I didn't know that they brought Ultimecia back, but she was a super weak and forgettable villain. Her presence isn't even revealed until late in the game and she doesn't have much impact on the characters at all. She was also insanely easy to defeat, even more so than that pushover Omega Weapon. The Weapons were supposed to be the challenging side quest bosses that were nearly impossible, but I took it down on the first try. The junction system was kind of clunky, but once you had all of the GFs and paired them up for junction with awesome magic, your crew was unstoppable. Drop some Auras and Regens on your party, make sure you have Lionheart, and it's a walk in the park. Cloud is a more relatable hero, he has an identity crisis, experiences loss, and has some demons to face. I thought they focused too hard on the romance element in VIII, it started early on and never really developed. It also has some environmentalist and anti-big corporation commentary that was unique at the time for a video game, the mini-games and side quests are fun, and the script is actually pretty funny in places. Definitely check out those other games that I mentioned if you're into the style, particularly Grandia. That PlayStation RPG era was my heaviest gaming period, there were just loads of great games to check out. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I like her a lot, but a lot of that has to do with playing Duodecem. Also just find her an appealing villain for whatever reason. When heroes are down on themselves too much, though, it starts to annoy me. The kid in FFXIII (Hope) is a good example of that. I've played Grandia III, I liked it a lot. I keep meaning to pick up Suikoden. Pretty much all my RPG experience is PS2-based, since I wasn't allowed to have consoles for a while (my first was a GameCube, got a PS2 a while later when I stopped being a Nintendo jerk..).

I don't generally go for RPGs. Tried a few and haven't liked them much. Fallout was especially disappointing considering all the hype around it and Mass Effect wasn't much better. The only RPG I've played and liked was Skyrim, sunk a crazy amount of time into that game only for someone to delete my save data for no reason. I generally go for shooters, racing games, fighters and the odd sports game.

More non sequiturs: Summer Games Done Quick starts today! Is there anyone here besides me who watches speedruns...?
Is that the thing where people video themselves running through a game as quickly as possible? I don't watch them but I've tried a few. Generally only focus on individual chapters of games though.

I've been replaying Ocarina of Time for fun. I was going to play Final Fantasy VII on Steam and mod the hell out of it, but I've played that game too many time over so many years I don't feel like it has anything new to offer. Apart from that I did replay one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE JRPGs recently on the PSP. TALES OF ETERNIA! I'd go back and play Chrono Trigger on the DS but I've done everything there too... ;-; Has anyone here played Threads of Fate on the Playstation? I remember really liking it when I was 12 but I tried to play it again recently and it was a bit frustrating. Might be more playable with cheat codes. And Ergheiz God Bless The Ring is a pretty decent little 3d fighter on the playstation where you can play Cloud Strife, Tifa Lockheart or Sephiroth. I haven't done much in dungeon mode yet though. Also Chocobo Racing is one of those games I played the hell out of when I was a kid. That and Tomba.

I've been replaying Ocarina of Time for fun. I was going to play Final Fantasy VII on Steam and mod the hell out of it' date=' but I've played that game too many time over so many years I don't feel like it has anything new to offer. Apart from that I did replay one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE JRPGs recently on the PSP. TALES OF ETERNIA! I'd go back and play Chrono Trigger on the DS but I've done everything there too... ;-; Has anyone here played Threads of Fate on the Playstation? I remember really liking it when I was 12 but I tried to play it again recently and it was a bit frustrating. Might be more playable with cheat codes. And Ergheiz God Bless The Ring is a pretty decent little 3d fighter on the playstation where you can play Cloud Strife, Tifa Lockheart or Sephiroth. I haven't done much in dungeon mode yet though. Also Chocobo Racing is one of those games I played the hell out of when I was a kid. That and Tomba.[/quote'] Lol, I remember Ergheiz, that game was interesting. The dungeon mode was pretty cool, but could be difficult with everything being so random. I never got too far into it. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

qO4c8enU5KA This was the episode I submitted a clip for but apparently no-scoping from the other side of the largest map in the game isn't impressive enough. Lost the video too.../mutters under breat
I'm not super in-the-know about FPSs, but that certainly sounds like something good enough for the video. 'S too bad. :/
So I'm not the only one who didn't like Skyrim? Wow' date=' never thought that that was gonna happen...[/quote'] I know another nother one, too. Skyrim non-fans unite! I felt the same way about Dragon Age, too. Maybe I just don't like Western fantasy RPGs. (I love Fallout, so it's clearly not all WRPGs...)

Lol, I remember Ergheiz, that game was interesting. The dungeon mode was pretty cool, but could be difficult with everything being so random. I never got too far into it. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Is that basically a precursor to the Dissidia games? It sounds very similar.
My boys love watching speedruns on Twitch. My 2 oldest have started doing their own.
Speedrun HYPE! chansub-global-emoticon-6407e6947eb69e21-24x30.pngchansub-global-emoticon-d4e971f7a6830e95-30x30.png But seriously, that's awesome.

I've got games I never even got to play because my PS3 stopped reading discs. Among them were Resident Evil 6' date=' Mortal Kombat and Killzone 3. Not to mention Marvel Vs Capcom 3.[/quote'] From those, I've only played Killzone 3. Quite cool game, if you ever are able to play it, certainly give it a try :)

Lol' date=' I remember Ergheiz, that game was interesting. The dungeon mode was pretty cool, but could be difficult with everything being so random. I never got too far into it. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2[/quote'] I remember thinking that I'd only like it because of the three Final Fantasy characters but the character design, levels and music were really good for a PS1-era fighter. Some of the original characters from the game were pretty cool but not that memorable.