I'm not super in-the-know about FPSs' date=' but that certainly sounds like something good enough for the video. 'S too bad. :/ I know [i']another nother one, too. Skyrim non-fans unite! I felt the same way about Dragon Age, too. Maybe I just don't like Western fantasy RPGs. (I love Fallout, so it's clearly not all WRPGs...)
Hey, I'm another non-fan. Can't say I hate all WRPGs though as I do like the Fallout games a lot and used to be into WoW. A friend gave me Skyrim, Dragon Age, games like that for the PS3 and I just couldn't get into them. Also I LOVE Red Dead Redemption although I never actually completed it. I got stuck at a certain part, put it down and I haven't been able to pick it up since. Has anyone played the House of the Dead series? Or the Typing of the Dead games? They are beyond fun and awesome.

Do you remember which one it was? I never did complete any of the games in the arcade but when I got them on my PS3 it didn't take me too long to master. I have Typing of the Dead Overkill (the newest game) on Steam and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. There are DLCs that add new content to type in the game if you get tired of it. And I have the House of the Dead overkill on my iphone which is basically the same game but with the rail shooting mechanics.

Not to mention Marvel Vs Capcom 3.
Man' date=' you missed out. MvC3 is fabulous.
Has anyone played the House of the Dead series? Or the Typing of the Dead games? They are beyond fun and awesome.
No, but Typing of the Dead is on sale (insert continued Steam Summer Sale HYPE here), so I think I'll finally buy it.

You ever played Arcus Odyssey on the Sega Mega Drive / Genesis? It's a pretty sweet Action RPG that I used to have as a kid. It might just be the rose-tinted spectacles but I remember the level design being really good and the action flowing well. I may as well mention Gynoug / Wings of Wor (depending on the region) which was one of my all-time favorite SHMUPS on that system. I also had it as a kid.

Sega sometimes gets a bad rap but they've always made great exclusive games and continue to do so to this day (Typing/House of the Dead anyone?) And it really was a treat to browse the game stores when they had the 16 bit games in. It truly was the golden age of video game cover art. Back then before the internet I'd basically buy a game just for the cover alone and just hope it was good! Gynoug being one of those lol. Another game I bought based on cover art was Dragon's Fury! It was a pinball game which was good for what it was. Based on the cover though I was expecting it to be some kind of Action RPG at first. 9r5zdd.jpg

Has anyone here played Threads of Fate on the Playstation? I remember really liking it when I was 12 but I tried to play it again recently and it was a bit frustrating.
I remember playing this game some years ago with the female character and I've been stuck playing some jumping mini games while waiting a certain witch. It's jumps really sucks.

I agree. I forgot how annoying some of the platforming elements in Threads of Fate were. It's what caused me to rage quit when I was playing. It's a shame because it it weren't for that and that sometimes it can be tricky to attack the monsters it would definitely have aged well. As it stands though I still really love the graphics and design of the game and the story, whilst minimal and cliche as far as RPGs go, did the job quite well. When I played and completed it when I was younger I used a lot of cheat codes to make the game a bit less infuriating. The music was awesome too.

There used to be an arcade near my house that had the House Of The Dead arcade game. It was a bloody good time but I never got very far.
Same here. Not far from here, very close to the beach, there was, or still is, a game hall with games such as House of the Dead. With a friend, we used to play that quite often, although we also never got very far with it. But it was quite enjoyable.

Sega sometimes gets a bad rap but they've always made great exclusive games and continue to do so to this day (Typing/House of the Dead anyone?) And it really was a treat to browse the game stores when they had the 16 bit games in. It truly was the golden age of video game cover art. Back then before the internet I'd basically buy a game just for the cover alone and just hope it was good! Gynoug being one of those lol. Another game I bought based on cover art was Dragon's Fury! It was a pinball game which was good for what it was. Based on the cover though I was expecting it to be some kind of Action RPG at first. 9r5zdd.jpg
I always liked the Shining Force series for Sega RPGs. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I was looking through the 3DS eStore the other day, and they have the Shining Force games for sale on virtual console. I might pick some up, since the dollar/yen ratio isn't too bad right now (I have a Japanese 3DS). I really want to buy Persona Q, but Japanese games are way more expensive than American ones...it's ¥6,200 right now in the eShop.

It's been 3 weeks since I turn on the nds because I have to do the temple of the ocean king (don't remember wich visit is this) in TloZ Phantom Hourglass. The issue is that my last hourglass time saved really sucks and I gained new tools so I have to start it again form the beginning and of course I don't remember anything about every puzzle in every floor. Just cool, if you know what I mean. It remember me the Majora's Mask, man.

I've got the same issue with my Resident Evil 4 save. Haven't played the game for over a year because the last time I did we had a blackout. I had upgraded some weapons and added some new ones between saves. Unfortunately the blackout came mid-save so that data became corrupted. I hate PS2 memory cards so much right now.

Usually when I have too much blackouts I go watch some video on youtube (just yesterday I started Mass Effect 3 after years from the 2 lol) or if I had 3-4 playing hours of less I simply start the game again. I remember ps2 memory cards being corrupted. It deleted half of my saves data but luckly all from games I already completed.