Hi from... USA?

I guess I'll introduce myself. I'm 16, and my brother introduced me to metal when I was 5. Quickly switched out my childish music CD to Kill 'em All (Metallica). Used to live in PA and Ohio, but now I'm here in Arkansas where almost no one has my musical taste. I wish I could be like all the other threads and say "HEY, CHECK OUT MY BAND". Nope, I just play my guitar and deep scream/yell songs to let anger out. My musical taste ranges from Tech N9ne to Pink Floyd to Dimmu Borgir, and EDM somewhere in there. My main playlist has 1610 songs on it and is constantly growing. My favorite bands would have to be Metallica, All That Remains, Demon Hunter, Amon Amarth, Stone Sour, Disturbed, Atreyu, Lamb of God, Megadeth, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, Chimaira, Devil Driver, Dope, Five Finger Death Punch, Godsmack, Mudvayne, In Flames, Killswitch Engage, Parkway Drive, Iced Earth, Three Days Grace, Machine Head, and Trivium. After a shower, I dry my hair off via headbanging for about ten minutes. Hair dryers are for pussies. Is that enough? I think that's enough. So, hi.

welcome to the forum, pretty short list of favourite bands, but don't worry this place can help with that. I noticed A LOT of metalcore bands on that list so be warned you may cop a bit of hazing early on we aren't too fond of core bands around here, but it's all in good fun. here's a few of my favourite bands: Nevertanezra, Angel Witch, Quo Vadis, Death, Deathspell Omega, Orphaned Land, Melechesh, Necromantia, Blind Guardian, Artillery, Mournful Congregation, Queensryche, Paradise Lost, Sympathy, Venom, Type O Negative, Absu, Celtic Frost, Exhorder, Iron Saviour, Cathedral, Candlemass, Destruction, Accept, Black Sabbath and Motorhead

only 2700 songs General? I filled my entire iPod's eight GB memory and that was only enough space for 1000 songs getting me from Absu to Dio, I still need to get from disEMBOWELMENT to 7Days (covering everything inbetween) not that I'm bragging or anything since NTNR, BlutAusNerd and ReturntoCarthage's collections all dwarf mine

I usually fall in love with the lyrics of core bands, so they make it into my favorites. I can't help it. And my girlfriend listens to a LOT of core and I started getting into it more. The best music to me remains a decent combination of bands like Metallica, Slayer, Devil Driver, Chimaira, Lamb of (Fucking) God, Hatebreed, Pantera, etc. My playlist would be a good bit bigger, but Spotify is missing a lot of albums. :\

I don't use Spotify, had it, my computer picked up a virus which started eating folders and programs so I had to have it completely wiped and then reinstall windows, now I just use iTunes and my iPod, speaking of which I just updated the playlist, now my playlist is: disEMBOWELMENT, Dissection, DivineFire, Draconian, Dreamscape, Element, Entombed, Excalion, Exhorder, Fates Warning, Futures End, Halford, Hallow's Eve, HammerFall, Harmony, Heaven & Hell, Hellhammer, Helloween, Hooded Menace, Iced Earth, Immortal, Iron Maiden, Iron Saviour, Judas Priest, Katatonia, King Diamond, Kronos, Manticora, Master's Hammer, Mayhem and Megadeth's Countdown To Extinction, Cryptic Writings, Endgame, Hidden Treasures, Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good and Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?

Welcome. As Relentless said, we're not too fond of mallcore/metalcore around here for the most part (most of the posters that have been into it leave after 1-5 posts), but if you like it, you like it. Hopefully you'll find some other music here that you enjoy as well.

only 2700 songs General? I filled my entire iPod's eight GB memory and that was only enough space for 1000 songs getting me from Absu to Dio' date=' I still need to get from disEMBOWELMENT to 7Days (covering everything inbetween) not that I'm bragging or anything since NTNR, BlutAusNerd and ReturntoCarthage's collections all dwarf mine[/quote'] Since I have my iTunes on album view, it doesn't give me a song count, so don't usually see that sort of thing. I just switched it to the linear view by song, and it tells me that I have 19059 songs. My 80 GB iPod is full, and currently only holds my bands from letters D-R on it.

I'll be here until I get bored. It's not that I ONLY LISTEN TO METALCORE AND HOLY SHIT ITS MY FAVORITE I LOVE METALCORE... No. I just like it, as with any other subgenre. Anyway, thanks for welcoming me, I'll be browsing the doom metal section now. \m/ Oh, and I'll add this. My favorite bands list isn't made up of bands I just "like". It's made up of bands that have written songs that actually mean something to me and/or I greatly like their music overall. It takes a lot of time for a band to be considered one of my favorites, ergo why the list is so short.

I'll be here until I get bored. It's not that I ONLY LISTEN TO METALCORE AND HOLY SHIT ITS MY FAVORITE I LOVE METALCORE... No. I just like it, as with any other subgenre. Anyway, thanks for welcoming me, I'll be browsing the doom metal section now. \m/ Oh, and I'll add this. My favorite bands list isn't made up of bands I just "like". It's made up of bands that have written songs that actually mean something to me and/or I greatly like their music overall. It takes a lot of time for a band to be considered one of my favorites, ergo why the list is so short.
You won't get any judgment from me dude. Just because I don't like some of the bands you listen to doesn't mean you're a dick or anything, as long as you're cool we've got no issues. I play in a doom/death band, so I am a bit biased towards doom, even if it took me longer to get into than most other metal genres. Hope you enjoy it.

hello and welcome. i hope you enjoy your time here. i like metalcore to well i like avenged sevenfold. as for songs and how meny we have. can i just say that i haven't got a clue what your all talking about. but i do have a shelf with other 200 hundred cds and about, hm 300 albums in vinyl. yeah i like physical product. cant stand mp3s. anyways this is about me. lol sorry. i hope you have a god time here. i like some of the bands you listed. especially devil driver. all the best jake

yeah perhaps I came off as a bit of a dick before and I'm sorry for that Steve, we all like what we like and dislike what we dislike, no one here will tell you what you should and shouldn't listen to (no wait sorry I lie one person may but he's a bit of an asshole) I like a wide variety of genres both in and outside of metal but like BAN I'm particularly fond of doom metal. outside of metal I'm a HUGE fan of blues and flamenco