Re: gaming

I got the Lego Pirates of the Caribbean game this weekend and its been a blast! I'm almost done with it. I just read they're releasing Batman II' date=' which will focus mostly on other DC hero's. Which sucks because DC sucks, except for Batman. They need to do a Marvel game. Lego Wolverine would kick untold amounts of ass![/quote'] LEGO PUNISHER. NOW. Marvel is well-suited for Lego...the X-Men franchise alone would be a blast (I would play as Sentry or Colossus), especially if you were able to make your own character. That is the one thing that CoD Black Ops did right; having character customization.

what about LEGO Thor? that could be cool' date=' I still wanna see LEGO Resident Evil though or better still LEGO Halo[/quote'] I suppose it could be. I wasn't too impressed by the movie but maybe the comics are better. I suppose if they had Tyr as a playable character you could play as Tyr while listening to Tyr...or Amon Amarth. That would be a great Easter egg. In Lego Star Wars II you got a rock version of the Imperial march and Gamorreans air-guitaring with their axes. Perhaps we could get Lego replications of Amon Amarth to play 'Guardians of Asgaard' in a boss battle or something. Have the perform onstage while you fight the boss in front of them.

which reminds me I'll have to find a good Star Wars game to play at some point
LEGO made the best star wars games ever. I hate to say it but they did. I've got sw games from NES-N64 and but the xbox & Wii LEGO sw games are the best. LEGO should make the following into video games: Night of the Living Dead Halo Resident Evil Lord of the Rings Marvel Comics Aliens

LEGO made the best star wars games ever. I hate to say it but they did.
Here I have to disagree. I love Lego Star Wars II but it has its drawbacks. Activision's Jedi Knight series (culminating in Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy) was pretty awesome and the controls were a lot more usable than the Lego game. The same goes for Battlefront 2. The two things these two series have over the Lego games is the idea of swapping weapons, and the same camera view. I like third-person action games but I really don't like these weird camera views that are imposed on you. They make it pretty hard to complete some tasks as you couldn't easily see the door you were supposed to open or the platform you were supposed to be floating in some other direction.

Here I have to disagree. I love Lego Star Wars II but it has its drawbacks. Activision's Jedi Knight series (culminating in Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy) was pretty awesome and the controls were a lot more usable than the Lego game. The same goes for Battlefront 2. The two things these two series have over the Lego games is the idea of swapping weapons, and the same camera view. I like third-person action games but I really don't like these weird camera views that are imposed on you. They make it pretty hard to complete some tasks as you couldn't easily see the door you were supposed to open or the platform you were supposed to be floating in some other direction.
The Jedi series had one good release (it may have been Academy I don't recall). Battlefront 2 is also an exceptional game, but it focuses mostly on the troopers and not the Jedi. It's story is also very limited. The LEGO games cover the films better than the films themselves, plus you had a wider variety of characters to choose from. Granted the force powers were limited to moving objects, choking people or electrocuting people, the gaming experience more than made up for it. The controls were simple and effective and it was relatively easy to figure out what you were supposed to do unlike most of the older xbox games. Also, I don't recall any weapon swapping in any star wars game, especially BF. You were stuck with the gear that came with the character you selected.

I hear people talking about Star Wars the force unleashed' date=' is that one any good? wow the geekiness is strong with this one lol[/quote'] The geek is strong here indeed! :D The first Force Unleashed was pretty good. There are some epically lame parts here and there, but over all I liked it. The demo for the second game was a lot of fun and I plan on getting it eventually. The controls are a bit different but they are that way for the extra force powers you get to use. I'd say it's worth picking up.

The Jedi series had one good release (it may have been Academy I don't recall). Battlefront 2 is also an exceptional game, but it focuses mostly on the troopers and not the Jedi. It's story is also very limited. The LEGO games cover the films better than the films themselves, plus you had a wider variety of characters to choose from. Granted the force powers were limited to moving objects, choking people or electrocuting people, the gaming experience more than made up for it. The controls were simple and effective and it was relatively easy to figure out what you were supposed to do unlike most of the older xbox games. Also, I don't recall any weapon swapping in any star wars game, especially BF. You were stuck with the gear that came with the character you selected.
Still, you did at least have three weapons on hand. In Academy you had: Lighsaber DL-44 E-11 DXR-6 Disruptor Wookie Bowcaster (useless piece of rubbish. Bah.) Imperial Heavy Repeater (YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH :twisted: ) Pulse 2 (even MORE useless piece of rubbish) Stouker Concussion Rifle (DE BOOMSTICK 8-) ) FC1 Flechette Launcher PLX-2 Missile Launcher (IZ BIGGER BOOMSTICK :mrgreen: ) Thermal Detonator Trip Mine Detpack (WHOOOOO :D ) And you could carry ALL of this stuff with you at once, swapping between it at will. In BF2, you still had the option of using rifle, pistol or grenade to kill someone. As for controls, they were the same as any first-person shooter. Crouching was a pain in Academy, but you didn't do it much. I will say that the comedy is very much lacking in both BF2 and Jedi Academy, though, so Lego wins hands down on that front.

My game glitched frequently, I think you were on the phone a few times when I tried to throw my bounty onto my horse and my horse just sunk into the ground. I wasted tons of time on that game having to repeat missions when it would lose track of where I was, and i would be flying hundreds of feet in the air because it forgot to keep me on the ground as I ran.

My game glitched frequently, I think you were on the phone a few times when I tried to throw my bounty onto my horse and my horse just sunk into the ground. I wasted tons of time on that game having to repeat missions when it would lose track of where I was, and i would be flying hundreds of feet in the air because it forgot to keep me on the ground as I ran.
Not the sinking horse but that' s pretty amusing. I remember you getting attacked by boars and having people fall off your horse. Listening to you yell at your tv was funny.

Not the sinking horse but that' s pretty amusing. I remember you getting attacked by boars and having people fall off your horse. Listening to you yell at your tv was funny.
You'd probably be in stitches listening to me play Starfox against my brother then. I can get very animated and start yelling and death growling in anger.

Re: gaming ha my younger brother is the same way, well he doesn't death growl, but otherwise very entertaining when he's losing, the only time I get animated whilst gaming is when something is ludicrously difficult, like taking on three chainsaw wielding zombies at once in Resident Evil 4