Lamb of God

brutalmetalhead666

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highly overrated band. That's probably just because I don't understand mainstream metal and especially I don't understand people who keeps saying: "B3st b@nd 3v3r!?!? YOLO"
Not sure how you can class a band such as Lamb of God as Overrated. They are more mainstream than a lot of mental bands in similar brackets of metal. Though that's part of what makes them so great. Their listenable, intense riffs make them accessible for both hardcore metal fans and people who enjoy the occasional listen to the darker side of metal. Paired up with unique vocals and one hell of a fantastic (inventive) drummer. They are a great band to listen to when you just want something Fast-Funky and Heavy, but also they are admired by musicians across the board.

Their riffs are little more then plagiarised Vulgar and Driven era Pantera tuned a little differently. There's nothing original or interesting about what this band do. I could let that slide though if every freakin' teenager who has pseudo-rebellious tendencies wasn't raving about how amazing they are and how much better they are then every other metal band ever. The only thing working for them is that Lamb Of God are actually metal unlike the other concentrated sewerage popular among these people.

As for them being "admired by musicians across the board" I struggle to think of any musician, metal or otherwise, whose opinion I respect going on record as saying how great these guys are. The vocals are a particular sticking point. Those vocals are like a cross between a bad Phil Anselmo impersonator and someone trying a half-hearted growl. I could go on and on and on about all the negative attributes possessed by this band but I'm really trying to not be such a pessimistic jackass (it doesn't seem to be working).

Not sure its working. :P I have a friend who Had a similar view to you. They are quite mainstream and sometimes that is a barrier people struggle to get past. I must admit songs like redneck probably lost them a good chunk of the market. I think your being picky by comparing them to other bands such as Pantera. I agree, like most bands, there Are certainly strong qualities that stand out from one band to another. This does not make them generic, or ripping off anyone else. One thing Lamb of god have brought is Groove style patterns into that genre of metal.(maybe not the first, though have done it particularly well) Despite having certain similarities to other bands(like most bands), they Have brought something to the table. Therefore in my opinion, deserve more than just being called overrated. I personally like his vocals. admittedly not the best or strongest in the world.

Not sure its working. :P I have a friend who Had a similar view to you. They are quite mainstream and sometimes that is a barrier people struggle to get past. I must admit songs like redneck probably lost them a good chunk of the market. I think your being picky by comparing them to other bands such as Pantera. I agree, like most bands, there Are certainly strong qualities that stand out from one band to another. This does not make them generic, or ripping off anyone else. One thing Lamb of god have brought is Groove style patterns into that genre of metal.(maybe not the first, though have done it particularly well) Despite having certain similarities to other bands(like most bands), they Have brought something to the table. Therefore in my opinion, deserve more than just being called overrated.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. Just because two bands play a similar style of music doesn't mean one is a complete copy of the other. For a genre to take off, you need more than one band. I'd also add LOG embrace hardcore and thrash a lot more than Pantera did. Blythe's vocals are quite different as well.

Bacause quite a lot of people rate them highly' date=' eventhough I think they are a so-so mainstream band.[/quote'] I understand how overrated works, I disagree that all the people who rate them are wrong. Being Mainstream does not make you overrated. Being able to make music which is unpopular, mainstreak is something to respect. Especially if you just make music with the tools you are given within your genre. A band who makes music that is unpopular with toold from other genres that will carry the unpopular section of their music, should be looked down on and classed as "Over Rated" I believe lamb Of God Should be rated highly.

The band okay. I own Ashes of the Wake. I actually like the self titled song and Laid to Rest and the last song... Remorse if for the Dead I believe. But it's some of the fans who think they're gods. Just see how this thread started with one of those fan boys.
Like most bands you will get the Fan Boys, they are needed to keep bands going. Unfortunately I can't let LoG slip into the discard pile. They ARE a good band. Not the best, but consistently bashing out great material.

I understand how overrated works, I disagree that all the people who rate them are wrong. Being Mainstream does not make you overrated. Being able to make music which is unpopular, mainstreak is something to respect. Especially if you just make music with the tools you are given within your genre. A band who makes music that is unpopular with toold from other genres that will carry the unpopular section of their music, should be looked down on and classed as "Over Rated" I believe lamb Of God Should be rated highly.
No being mainstream in and of itself does not make a band over-rated. Being unimaginative and receiving high praise for it however does. As for your view on bands being over-rated am I to understand that you feel bands who make no effort to gain widespread popularity should be considered over-rated?

No being mainstream in and of itself does not make a band over-rated. Being unimaginative and receiving high praise for it however does. As for your view on bands being over-rated am I to understand that you feel bands who make no effort to gain widespread popularity should be considered over-rated?
Not sure I understood what you were saying there. I just hope you are not saying Lamb of God are Unimaginative.

Their listenable' date=' intense riffs make them accessible for both hardcore metal fans and people who enjoy the occasional listen to the darker side of metal.[/quote'] 'The darker side of metal'? Definitely not. Not with bands like Anorexia Nervosa, Carach Angren, Manticora, Furia and Evoken on the circuit they aren't.

Maybe not 'darker'' date=' but they're definitely an extreme band considering how big they've become. I think they at least deserve credit for that in itself, regardless of whether you like them or not.[/quote'] I don't have as much of a hangup with LoG as a lot of the other forumites have, it seems to me that they can at least play competently, which is more than I can say for a lot of their contemporaries. That said, I still really don't them that much.

Not sure I understood what you were saying there. I just hope you are not saying Lamb of God are Unimaginative.
I'm very much saying they are unimaginative. Rehashing Pantera riffs for a living is not creative. There are a boatload of other bands that do the same thing and, thankfully, most of them don't get praise for it. Sorry I thought you were the one being unclear. You said that bands playing unpopular music using the tools of that genre should be considered over-rated if I'm not mistaken. I also believe you said that mainstream music "is something to be respected" which I happen to disagree with quite strongly. Talent deserves to be respected of course but there is very little of that in mainstream music.