"Beneath the lonely willow..."

Miss_Havisham

Beneath the lonely willow, the tired old ugly bitter fairy thinks about this world and why she's here, and of the world she dreams...

It is a song by RAIN FELL WITHIN, one of my favourite bands. I did change a little some words, to adapt them better to describe myself.

Hi, everybody.

I share several characteristics with the character "Miss Havisham" (from "Great expectations" by Charles Dickens), that is why I chose it as a nickname.

I am an old woman, I like Metal and some other music subgenres, I am new in this forum, I've read the rules (probably I will read them again, because I have a bad memory), and I am not an english speaker, sorry for my bad english.

The sub-genres I like the most are: Gothic Metal (as you may have guessed by the song I did mention), Power Metal, some Heavy, Folk (mostly Viking), Doom (mostly Gothic Doom) and some Melodic Death.

I tend to write too much, very long posts, so I hope to not bore you or anything.

I'm not sure of how often I will be able to post, and for how long, because let's say I'm not living "the best" moment in my "life"... I apologize. However, I will try to participate, as I can.

Thank you.

Best regards from Guadalajara, Jalisco, México.

Thank you! Ha, ha, "we viejitos" XD, yes, I guess. Well, I was born in 1982, however I look and feel much older.

I wanted to put only the year of my birth, and I couldn't, so I chose the "not telling" option.

About the language, thanks! I hope my 'engrish' can be a little understandable at least.

Hi.

Sorry, as I did mention, I look and feel much older than I am... It is some self-consciousness (about myself), I guess?

Eh... I can't change the info. in "core_pfieldgroups_99"? I have been trying to find where I can change it, in the "profile edit", however I can't...

33 minutes ago, Miss_Havisham said:

Thank you! Ha, ha, "we viejitos" XD, yes, I guess. Well, I was born in 1982, however I look and feel much older.

I wanted to put only the year of my birth, and I couldn't, so I chose the "not telling" option.

About the language, thanks! I hope my 'engrish' can be a little understandable at least.

You're not old mija, I could be your father.

I promise your Engrish is perfect, don't give it another thought. Just jump in and start posting anytime.

And take that wedding dress off (you don't wear the veil all the time, do you?) it's gotta be hot under there, and that's much too formal attire for a metal forum.

I hear thunder rumbling in the distance, better run downstairs and make my coffee before we lose power.

😃 : ) XD Ha, ha, okay. Really? =O 😮

Well, that is nice, actually, because sometimes it seems like wherever I go, I only find people of 30, 20 years old, and younger! And that can be.. not nice. u_u

I started posting already. :) 

Well, maybe I could not wear the veil all the time. Although I think I will keep with the dress, I think is very suitable for Gothic Metal, actually. = ) 

In Gothic Metal you see a lot of gothic formal attire / dresses *_*.

What outfit would you suggest, just in case?

Oh, yes, we have that issue here too, mainly in Summer that is rain / storm season. I hope you don't lose it. Enjoy your coffee.

30 minutes ago, Miss_Havisham said:

😃 : ) XD Ha, ha, okay. Really? =O 😮

Well, that is nice, actually, because sometimes it seems like wherever I go, I only find people of 30, 20 years old, and younger! And that can be.. not nice. u_u

I started posting already. :) 

Well, maybe I could not wear the veil all the time. Although I think I will keep with the dress, I think is very suitable for Gothic Metal, actually. = ) 

In Gothic Metal you see a lot of gothic formal attire / dresses *_*.

What outfit would you suggest, just in case?

Oh, yes, we have that issue here too, mainly in Summer that is rain / storm season. I hope you don't lose it. Enjoy your coffee.

Yes really. = ) We get posters of many different ages here but the highest concentration who stick around seems to be people born in the 1970's, or dudes (hombres) in their mid to late 40's. Of the small group of regulars who post here most prolifically, there are 3 of us over 60, the rest are 40's and 30's. We don't get a lot of kids here and the ones that do wander in usually don't stick around very long once they realize we're mostly older folks and don't have much in common with them musically.

Just checked the weather and surprisingly it seems to be a bit hotter way up here in New Jersey this week, and hotter across the USA in general than it is in hermosa Guadalajara. Which is funny because many Americans have the idea that Mexico is an inhopitable desert that's usually hotter than the face of the sun and barely able to support human life, and if the heat don't get you then the bandidos will. We also think that 99% of Mexicans live in Mexico City up on top of that mountain, because it's the only place where it's cool enough to go outside. Likewise many Americans think Canada is a frozen wasteland whose citizens live in igloos and if the polar bears don't get you then the errant flying hockey pucks will. Which just goes to show you how ignorant many Americans are.

Rained like the dickens for nearly an hour, now all is quiet again. The lights never went out so we're doing alright. When the lights go out it's bad because we can't cook or flush the toilets and the 9 year old can't watch Youtube or play his video games. He seems to think I have the power to restore our electric service with a snap of my fingers, and he'll just keep asking me how long til it comes back on over and over as if I had some inside info he's not privy to that I'm keeing to myself. Our power goes out much too often here because of all the trees which seem to only be able to fall directly onto the power lines, so anytime a storm comes through I think "oh no, here we go again" but I'm always glad when my fears are not realized. 

I'm not a fashion consultant and I do not pretend to understand (or care) anything about style or fashion. I don't want to be recommending outfits for other people, especially women who more often than not do care about style and fashion. I also steadfastly refuse to answer the age old questions: "How do I look?" and "Is this ok or should I change?" and the classic "Does this make me look fat?" I just think wedding dresses are silly even on the day you're getting married, much less the rest of the time. And yes I do realize you're not actually wearing a wedding dress, was just going along with your whole Miss Havisham theme. I would say wear whatever is comfortable and makes you feel good.

And I'm sorry about your 20 year old song, I would not get your hopes up too high if I were you. We get someone coming in here every few weeks looking for info on some old song they heard once 20 or 30 years ago with usually very little in the way of clues for us to go on. They'll be like "I heard this song in 1996 and it went da da da dum dum da da da and it had the word dream in it. There was a cool bassline and the singer had a high screechy voice. Does anyone know what it coud be?" It's become a bit of a joke around here because not once have I ever seen the mystery solved. 

• 3 weeks later...