Hey hey hey!

thrashinbiker

9 minutes ago, AlSymerz said:

Oh there's definitely judgement on bikes. We're not silly enough to judge those "spectacular tattooed fuckwits" that wear 1% badges...at least not where they can hear us because that would be fucking silly. But we do judge every other Harley rider based on whether on not they are going through a mid life crisis, end of life crisis, or too dumb to have a crisis.

Oh yeah but less so than in the car world, I think.  I've ridden a HD once in my life and it was kind of cool, but not for me.  I prefer something with a bit of immediate grunt and just having a fun ride.  I'm really enjoying the Bandit right now, its a forgiving bike, easy to keep rubber side down and it has enough on the throttle to scare the shit out of Uber Eats riders on mopeds when you are revving the fuck out of it waiting for the light to turn green.

Most Uber eats and stuff I see here are in cars but the thing that really kills me is the Domino Pizza riders here. Not sure how they do it in other countries but here we have this people on little fucking mopeds, ringing the absolute neck out of the elastic band engine just to hit half the speed limit. But they've got these massive boxes on the back. Not just a box a foot high to fit a few pizzas in these fools have boxes nearly as high as the riders head. The bikes look so unstable going around the corner you just hope the damn things can stay on their wheels.

6 minutes ago, AlSymerz said:

Most Uber eats and stuff I see here are in cars but the thing that really kills me is the Domino Pizza riders here. Not sure how they do it in other countries but here we have this people on little fucking mopeds, ringing the absolute neck out of the elastic band engine just to hit half the speed limit. But they've got these massive boxes on the back. Not just a box a foot high to fit a few pizzas in these fools have boxes nearly as high as the riders head. The bikes look so unstable going around the corner you just hope the damn things can stay on their wheels.

Pretty much the same here, though most fast food deliveries are on mopeds as opposed to just Domino's.  I mean jeez, I know those things aren't exactly fuel hungry, but even so, given the cost of petrol I do wonder just how profitable that kind of job is.  

In fairness to them, I would never take the piss out of them, being on a "big bike" when they aren't, but when some of them give me the finger or a shitty look, I can't help but give a spin of the back tyre just to show them who is boss.  I feel kind of bad afterwards, but if I was in a Micra and some dude in a Ferrari, I wouldn't try to take him on, if you get my drift.

11 hours ago, thrashinbiker said:

To be fair if I start balding I will have clippers out and shave my head in an instant.  I know I shouldn't judge but the whole bald head thing with a ponytail/long hair at the back/sides thing just doesn't look great in my opinion.  

An Astra?  Are they any good?  I have never driven one.  Despite me not holding a car licence I have driven a fair few cars (on private land, of course) as a friend of mine is a mechanic and heavily into cars - he buys them when they're pretty much fooked and restores them, so it's always fun to rag them a bit, though of course, bikes are my true passion.  

Love-Fifteen! MacabreEternal to serve 😮 

Mine does the job.  Not into my cars, just got it because it gets me from a to b and I have the luxury of owning it outright.  There’s some fuckwittery going on in that it is only classed as a 1.1 litre but has a turbo in it so drives like a 1.6 and there’s also a “sport” button that for some reason means it can go even faster if I push it.

7 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Hey, I know the difference, Scotland has Scotch, Ireland has Guinness… Also, Irish whiskey, England has none of those, and therefore is the worst of the three…

You sir need to visit the English Whisky Company.  Everything else in England is shit though.

4 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

Mine does the job.  Not into my cars, just got it because it gets me from a to b and I have the luxury of owning it outright.  There’s some fuckwittery going on in that it is only classed as a 1.1 litre but has a turbo in it so drives like a 1.6 and there’s also a “sport” button that for some reason means it can go even faster if I push it.

You sir need to visit the English Whisky Company.  Everything else in England is shit though.

I do like the sound of a nice turbo, though, and a special go faster button?  Oof!  It's cool though, if it's just a means of transport.  I will be honest, sometimes I think it would be nice to just be able to get into a car and go somewhere without having to put the bike gear on and stuff, but I don't feel like that often.  

You are right regarding the English Whisky Company.  They do some absolutely quality gear.  I've got a bottle of The English Single Malt that I have a tot of now and then.  Goes down extremely well when listening to some metal and is always hard to resist a second glass (so sometimes, I don't resist) :D 

9 minutes ago, Arioch said:

Hi and welcome home !

Cheers, man!  Seems to be some good people here.  I joined years ago and then forgot about the place.  I have tended to shy away from forums for a good few years.  I love a good debate and joke as much as the next guy, but wading through pages of drama and slanging matches because x band sold out after this album and y band haven't put out anything decent since 1992 kind of grates a little.  

This, however, seems the perfect place to sink into a battered old comfy armchair, lash on some thrash and have a light snooze while quaffing a whisky or two :) 

Forums have gone out of fashion, replaced by social networks, but I'm really happy to have been here for 1 1/2 years now. Every day I read what others are listening to and I do the same.

It often allows me to discover artists I didn't even know existed, but it also gives me a chance to talk about a wide range of subjects in a relaxed atmosphere.

I once knew a French forum whose name I won't mention because it's not worth mentioning. There, there were people calling each other by their first name in the discussions, which immediately put a barrier between the 'regulars' and the newbies, a distance.

But they thought they were aesthetes, fine connoisseurs, and would tell you to piss off if you ever had the misfortune not to say what they said. Complete morons.

Here, I'm fine, even if I'm a dick in English and have to go through deePL to express myself.

4 hours ago, thrashinbiker said:

I do like the sound of a nice turbo, though, and a special go faster button?  Oof!  It's cool though, if it's just a means of transport.  I will be honest, sometimes I think it would be nice to just be able to get into a car and go somewhere without having to put the bike gear on and stuff, but I don't feel like that often.  

You are right regarding the English Whisky Company.  They do some absolutely quality gear.  I've got a bottle of The English Single Malt that I have a tot of now and then.  Goes down extremely well when listening to some metal and is always hard to resist a second glass (so sometimes, I don't resist) :D 

I have been to the distillery and done the tour many moons ago and it was a decent afternoon out from memory. Thought it was the same weekend we stayed in a yurt and I got to drive a tank but that was a completely different year in Leicestershire not Norfolk where the EWC are. 

The EWC tour was not as manufactured an experience as the Edinburgh one at the top of the Royal Mile - which I still have done twice regardless.  I drink less nowadays though so my interest has waned.  I also drive less tanks.

1 hour ago, MacabreEternal said:

I have been to the distillery and done the tour many moons ago and it was a decent afternoon out from memory. Thought it was the same weekend we stayed in a yurt and I got to drive a tank but that was a completely different year in Leicestershire not Norfolk where the EWC are. 

The EWC tour was not as manufactured an experience as the Edinburgh one at the top of the Royal Mile - which I still have done twice regardless.  I drink less nowadays though so my interest has waned.  I also drive less tanks.

Jeez there I go thinking I'm the forums badass biker dude and some bugger always has to one-up me - this time with a tank LOLOL 

Seriously, though, that must have been fucking awesome and I would love to have a go!  

2 hours ago, Arioch said:

Forums have gone out of fashion, replaced by social networks, but I'm really happy to have been here for 1 1/2 years now. Every day I read what others are listening to and I do the same.

It often allows me to discover artists I didn't even know existed, but it also gives me a chance to talk about a wide range of subjects in a relaxed atmosphere.

I once knew a French forum whose name I won't mention because it's not worth mentioning. There, there were people calling each other by their first name in the discussions, which immediately put a barrier between the 'regulars' and the newbies, a distance.

But they thought they were aesthetes, fine connoisseurs, and would tell you to piss off if you ever had the misfortune not to say what they said. Complete morons.

Here, I'm fine, even if I'm a dick in English and have to go through deePL to express myself.

That's great to hear Arioch!  I think I will like it very much, too.  

That other forum sounds like exactly the issue I have had in the past.  Too many cliques and being ostracised if you dare say you are not a huge fan of this album or that band, when they are seemingly the be all and end all of other members.  I feel really welcomed here by you guys, which is cool as I am generally quite a socially awkward person, so I am genuinely appreciative of the reception I've received.  

And I assure you, even if you absolutely loathe an album/band/song I adore, I will never insult you for it.  I will disagree, but it will be with respect along with a bit of tongue in cheek humour.  Also, nothing wrong with using a translator.  I used to be able to speak a bit of French and quite fluent German back in the day, but they are long since forgotten now.  I never should have let it slide.

1 hour ago, thrashinbiker said:

And I assure you, even if you absolutely loathe an album/band/song I adore, I will never insult you for it.  I will disagree, but it will be with respect along with a bit of tongue in cheek humour.  Also, nothing wrong with using a translator.  I used to be able to speak a bit of French and quite fluent German back in the day, but they are long since forgotten now.  I never should have let it slide.

It's great to have different opinions and tastes. It encourages exchange and discussion.

I must admit that I also use the forum to improve my English. But I'm a complete moron: I have trouble remembering words I don't know. I hope to improve one day 😜

2 hours ago, thrashinbiker said:

Jeez there I go thinking I'm the forums badass biker dude and some bugger always has to one-up me - this time with a tank LOLOL 

Seriously, though, that must have been fucking awesome and I would love to have a go!  

It was a lot easier than I thought it would be in all honesty, even the reverse park at the end.  Got a couple of laps sitting upright out of the tank and then one prone inside it as if in conflict with the hatch closed which was mental.  The missus was up in the turret firing giant paintballs which helped her stress levels no end.

52 minutes ago, Arioch said:

It's great to have different opinions and tastes. It encourages exchange and discussion.

I must admit that I also use the forum to improve my English. But I'm a complete moron: I have trouble remembering words I don't know. I hope to improve one day 😜

I love a good debate, but then I just love shooting the shit about music and anything interesting.  

If I may ask, do you find the forum helps with your English?  Obviously I don't know how much you are translating or not, but put it this way, I have not had any trouble whatsoever picking up the meaning from your words my man 🤘

24 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

It was a lot easier than I thought it would be in all honesty, even the reverse park at the end.  Got a couple of laps sitting upright out of the tank and then one prone inside it as if in conflict with the hatch closed which was mental.  The missus was up in the turret firing giant paintballs which helped her stress levels no end.

Man this sounds right up my fucking street!  I can just envisage myself driving it through the town, Slayer blasting out and firing massive fireballs at everything.  

NOTE:  Probably not a good idea to let me get my paws on a tank.  :( 

24 minutes ago, thrashinbiker said:

If I may ask, do you find the forum helps with your English?  Obviously I don't know how much you are translating or not, but put it this way, I have not had any trouble whatsoever picking up the meaning from your words my man 🤘

I translate everything with deePL.

But I often try to read before translating, to see if what I've understood matches what the translation gives me.

1 hour ago, AlSymerz said:

Should have run the tank over the Astra!

Ah man that's a bit harsh, it has a special go faster button and everything!

I wish my bike had that.  

Oh wait, it does.  It's called shifting to second 🤣

1 hour ago, Arioch said:

I translate everything with deePL.

But I often try to read before translating, to see if what I've understood matches what the translation gives me.

That's great man.  Fortunately the one thing we can rely on is the fact that the language of metal is universal :) :) 

Go fastie buttons pretty much just add more fuel to the engine. In some cars it changes some of the engine parameters but it's really only there to make people think their toy car is closer to a sports car. Even my 4wd has that kind of switching from the gear stick and it's got the aerodynamics of a 3 tonne brick.

Anyone who knows cars knows the only tried and tested way to make a car go faster is to paint it red. Of course the pay off there is that birds crap on red cars more than they do any other colour.

1 hour ago, AlSymerz said:

Go fastie buttons pretty much just add more fuel to the engine. In some cars it changes some of the engine parameters but it's really only there to make people think their toy car is closer to a sports car. Even my 4wd has that kind of switching from the gear stick and it's got the aerodynamics of a 3 tonne brick.

Anyone who knows cars knows the only tried and tested way to make a car go faster is to paint it red. Of course the pay off there is that birds crap on red cars more than they do any other colour.

Same with bikes, man.  The red ones instantly gain an extra 20 bhp the moment the paint job is finished.  

Funny you mention about bird shit, my first bike was my trusty Yammy FJ1200 - predominantly white fairings and tank etc., and I swear down, I NEVER once had to wipe bird shit off it, even when it was parked in the open.  And I rode that bike for like six YEARS. 

As mentioned previously, I currently have a semi long-term loaner bike, a bandit 1200, in black and I've had it a mere few weeks and TWICE I have had to clean birdie poop off the tail and the seat.  It's like they see black (and presumably red) as an open (arse) invitation to release a much needed dump. 

I mean, we've all gotta shit, but I ride in armoured jeans for safety, if it's not my own shit, it's sure as hell not coming along for the ride! 

9 minutes ago, AlSymerz said:

I'm sure the myth has been busted as much as it's been proven these days but there has been studies done over the years that do claim red cars get bombed more often than other colours. Of course if you park under a massive tree that birds nest in I'm fairly sure it wont make any difference what the colour is.

Oh yeah, trees are just an invite for a poop as far as birds are concerned :D  

Not that I have ever really given it major consideration, but I suppose there is a certain liberation in just being able to fly about and take a dump at will, whatever happens to be below you at the time :D :D :D 

34 minutes ago, AlSymerz said:

Providing you were the only one that could do it, taking a flying dump on people you don't like would be satisfying. If everyone could do it then most of us would never go outside!

Oh yeah, it would have to be an individual special power.  Like, if everyone was given one wish most people would be all "Oh, I want to remain forever young", or "I want to be able to read people's minds".

We are all "You know, I want to be able to take a shit on anyone I choose, from a great height, any time I want."

Happy days!