I'm quitting caffeine

Ikard

I remember that in high school my chemistry class had to read a book about caffeine.  It was interesting and actually relevant to course materials until the class discussion steered towards whether or not caffeine should be regulated by the government as a potentially fatal drug.  The whole time I was thinking to myself "I know that caffeine can affect you - but this is a bit ridiculous."

16 minutes ago, Balor said:

I remember that in high school my chemistry class had to read a book about caffeine.  It was interesting and actually relevant to course materials until the class discussion steered towards whether or not caffeine should be regulated by the government as a potentially fatal drug.  The whole time I was thinking to myself "I know that caffeine can affect you - but this is a bit ridiculous."

Haha yeh the government regulate enough, if you paid too much attention to what's 'bad' for you that the 'news' papers churn out daily you wouldn't eat or drink anything. Everything in moderation except metal, alcohol n sex :D 

7 minutes ago, Natassja7 said:

Haha yeh the government regulate enough, if you paid too much attention to what's 'bad' for you that the 'news' papers churn out daily you wouldn't eat or drink anything. Everything in moderation except metal, alcohol n sex :D 

What is sad is that the reasons cited for such action were a few cases of idiots deciding to eat large quantities of pure caffeine powder - not even normal intake.

Okay so heres my deal, I am a recovering alcoholic and drug addict and from the ripe old age of 12 I have been under the control of one substance or another. One by one i have kicked those habits. Caffeine is the last of them so its kind of a matter of principal. Also i cannot sleep and feel very much the same as i did when i was quitting speed if that holds any weight in the philosophical discussion.

1 hour ago, Ikard said:

Okay so heres my deal, I am a recovering alcoholic and drug addict and from the ripe old age of 12 I have been under the control of one substance or another. One by one i have kicked those habits. Caffeine is the last of them so its kind of a matter of principal. Also i cannot sleep and feel very much the same as i did when i was quitting speed if that holds any weight in the philosophical discussion.

12? Damn...Well done you for sorting that out.

14 hours ago, Natassja7 said:

Why did they do it? Surely they knew of the dangers I mean..What exactly was the cause of death?

If I remember correctly, they were either doing it to try and stay awake, or as a stunt.  I don't own the book anymore, so I cannot say for sure which.  Either way, their deaths stemmed directly from their own stupidity (I mean, it must be common sense to know that it cannot be good for your health to ingest any large amount of a pure substance).

5 minutes ago, Balor said:

If I remember correctly, they were either doing it to try and stay awake, or as a stunt.  I don't own the book anymore, so I cannot say for sure which.  Either way, their deaths stemmed directly from their own stupidity (I mean, it must be common sense to know that it cannot be good for your health to ingest any large amount of a pure substance).

Hmm..well one would assume so, then again some people even lack that..interesting nonetheless.

4 hours ago, Natassja7 said:

I wonder if anyone recorded any notes regarding the experiment before their demise, or indeed a futile waste.

Well... someone managed to find enough information to include their experiences in a book.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2018 at 2:37 PM, ParisNavy said:

WOW, wish I could kick caffeine...Good Luck!!! 

Its been a journey im down to 1 cup of coffee per day. Next is going to be a switch to chai tea and then green tea. Thanks for the well wishes :)