Welcome to Metal Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to stalk this  
Stalkers 0
EmilyRose

Khemmis?

Discovered them several months ago at a show in Brooklyn (isn't it awesome finding bands that way?) and they killed. They've easily become one of my favorite bands. First album I listened to was 'Hunted', which I've enjoyed the most, though their other stuff is great, too. 

Curious to know if anyone else digs them? 

I find that they have a lot of interesting little layers of inter-connected styles and influences. On the 'Hunted' album there were random moments where I felt like I was listening to Candlemass, regarding the vocals. 

Afterthought: wasn't sure which genre to place them in, as I personally think they are a cross over of doom+stoner. 

16 minutes ago, EmilyRose said:

Discovered them several months ago at a show in Brooklyn (isn't it awesome finding bands that way?) and they killed. They've easily become one of my favorite bands. First album I listened to was 'Hunted', which I've enjoyed the most, though their other stuff is great, too. 

Curious to know if anyone else digs them? 

I find that they have a lot of interesting little layers of inter-connected styles and influences. On the 'Hunted' album there were random moments where I felt like I was listening to Candlemass, regarding the vocals. 

Afterthought: wasn't sure which genre to place them in, as I personally think they are a cross over of doom+stoner. 

They have some strong moments.  When engaged in these strong moments they are really good.  I just find the consistency a little off and a bit lazy sometimes which is a shame because the potential is most definitely there.  I would like to think that in another couple of albums or so that refinement of their sound (the trimming of the bad stuff) will lead to something remarkable but as it stands there's just flashes of brilliance only.

I bought Hunted a while back - the great tracks (Candlelight, Hunted) are really good. The rest are fine. I'll be interested to see how they progress over the next couple of releases. Hunted seemed to gain them a lot of attention, made it onto a number of 'best of' lists.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk