Post a lie about the user above you

FatherAlabaster

Posts about music.

Seriously? Enough with the little jibes. I don't post much about music at the moment for 2 reasons. Firstly I've not been in a music listening mood for a while. Secondly most of the music you guys are into I'm not. Not much of a conversation is happening there.

Wait till you get to my age, you young git! ...Also has no troublesome lingering injuries.

Seriously? Enough with the little jibes. I don't post much about music at the moment for 2 reasons. Firstly I've not been in a music listening mood for a while. Secondly most of the music you guys are into I'm not. Not much of a conversation is happening there.

I was worried you'd react that way. It was a little jibe, but not much of one. The point, insofar as there was a point, is that aside from a couple of posts about modern melodeath, you've shared basically nothing of your music taste on here. I find that odd, considering it's a music discussion forum, especially since there's a wide range of tastes on display here. Nobody is going to pillory you. Judging by how upset you got the last time I (inadvertently) implied that you weren't posting enough about music, it seems like a touchy subject for you. I suggest trying to open up a bit about it. I do understand about not listening much; I go through periods like that myself. I think we all do. Whatever, though; it's a public site, and you're free to post or not, at your discretion.

As far as me not picking on you anymore goes, good luck with that. I pick on everybody, just like a lot of us do, yourself included. You've said far worse to other people on here, and not all in good humor; it's hypocritical of you to suggest that I'm singling you out. I'm not. I could reassure you that I'm not being malicious until I'm blue in the face, but I won't bother. If you're going to dish it out, you have to be able to take it. 

Wait till you get to my age, you young git! ...Also has no troublesome lingering injuries.

I was worried you'd react that way. It was a little jibe, but not much of one. The point, insofar as there was a point, is that aside from a couple of posts about modern melodeath, you've shared basically nothing of your music taste on here. I find that odd, considering it's a music discussion forum, especially since there's a wide range of tastes on display here. Nobody is going to pillory you. Judging by how upset you got the last time I (inadvertently) implied that you weren't posting enough about music, it seems like a touchy subject for you. I suggest trying to open up a bit about it. I do understand about not listening much; I go through periods like that myself. I think we all do. Whatever, though; it's a public site, and you're free to post or not, at your discretion.

As far as me not picking on you anymore goes, good luck with that. I pick on everybody, just like a lot of us do, yourself included. You've said far worse to other people on here, and not all in good humor; it's hypocritical of you to suggest that I'm singling you out. I'm not. I could reassure you that I'm not being malicious until I'm blue in the face, but I won't bother. If you're going to dish it out, you have to be able to take it.

Well at least you had the balls to admit it this time. I've explained my reasons in the last post. No doubt when I get back into a music listening mood I'll start posting more on that side of things. If you don't like that tough shit.

At no point did FA, explicitly or otherwise, suggest he has an issue with your posting habits. I have already privately asked you to try and resolve things with FA out of the public eye. I will do so again here so there is a public record of this. It would seem you are actually the one with an issue AtTheGates and it could be easily resolved. Now back to the fun and games...

Is fluent in over 200 languages including Ewok, Orcish, Java Script, and Glaswegian

Well at least you had the balls to admit it this time. I've explained my reasons in the last post. No doubt when I get back into a music listening mood I'll start posting more on that side of things. If you don't like that tough shit.

Balls? Admit? Grow up. This isn't the first time you've read too much into my posts. I have nothing in particular against you. To be frank, you're barely even on my radar. I didn't intend to offend you the first time you got all worked up, and I even clarified exactly what I meant and tried to make nice. Wasted energy, perhaps; it seems like you're determined to take offense.

Aside from that exchange, your political argument with Iceni bordered on bullying, and certainly didn't help my opinion of you. Those are the only negative interactions I can remember having with you. I certainly welcome you posting about music, as that's the entire point of the forum. If there's some other way I've offended you, please let me know. I'm also willing, if not eager, to talk about this with you via PM if you have something you'd like to get off your chest. If nothing comes to mind, or if you're just trying to get a rise out of me, shut it down.

Balls? Admit? Grow up. This isn't the first time you've read too much into my posts. I have nothing in particular against you. To be frank, you're barely even on my radar. I didn't intend to offend you the first time you got all worked up, and I even clarified exactly what I meant and tried to make nice. Wasted energy, perhaps; it seems like you're determined to take offense.

Aside from that exchange, your political argument with Iceni bordered on bullying, and certainly didn't help my opinion of you. Those are the only negative interactions I can remember having with you. I certainly welcome you posting about music, as that's the entire point of the forum. If there's some other way I've offended you, please let me know. I'm also willing, if not eager, to talk about this with you via PM if you have something you'd like to get off your chest. If nothing comes to mind, or if you're just trying to get a rise out of me, shut it down.

The last time you decided to be an arsehole over ridiculously petty shit all I got was weasel words. Iceni's a grown man. I'm sure he can handle a difference of opinion and a question about himself. And if I'm barely on your radar, why worry what I post about? I don't bother you about anything, yet you feel some obligation to make cheap petty little jibes for whatever reason. From this point on I suggest we don't speak to or acknowledge each other in any way.

Or you could just grow up, realise most of us (FatherAlabaster included) have no issue with you, and quit looking for conflict where there is none. Why should FatherAlabaster, or anyone else, go out of their way to accomodate your insecurities? It's banter, nothing more, and you're hardly the only person to receive such treatment.

Or you could just grow up, realise most of us (FatherAlabaster included) have no issue with you, and quit looking for conflict where there is none. Why should FatherAlabaster, or anyone else, go out of their way to accomodate your insecurities? It's banter, nothing more, and you're hardly the only person to receive such treatment.

That would be a fair point if this was the first time he had done it, but it isn't. It's now either the 3rd or 4th. For a guy who doesn't have an issue with me that's quite a pattern. And as he just admitted it wasn't banter, that won't float. It genuinely bothers him I haven't posted about music in a while. He doesn't seem to realise I didn't post from around the beginning of August to mid-October at all. Step back for a minute, forget any camaraderie you have with the guy, and look at the facts of the matter. He was the one who decided to yet again bitch over his pet peeve, not me. It's not the first time he's done this kind of thing.
I really don't want to argue with him. It's easier for us to ignore each other.

Part of being a moderator is being impartial mate. I've read his posts and FA called it odd but also mentioned understanding the non-musical mood you're in having been there himself. I will point out that a good deal of the discussions here, FatherAlabaster, aren't actually about music. This is particularly true at the moment given most of the music related threads have seen little activity for quite some time. That fact notwithstanding 2 or 3 isolated incidents are hardly cause for concern. I personally fail to see why you would be so defensive about the subject and insist on playing this out in public. In particular I fail to see an issue when FA himself has informed you the first time was not intentional. You have said far worse things which could easily have caused offence to people with fewer issues then us :D

Bottom line is, as has been pointed out many times, there is no malice in FatherAlabaster's comments and whilst the two of you will likely never be best buddies I see no reason why you should have to avoid each other like the plague. Furthermore given FA's role as a moderator it is inevitable you will come across each other. Even if this was not the case MetalForum is a small community so it is likely you would encounter each other regardless. The schoolyard tactic of ignoring each other simply won't work here.

If you "really don't want to argue", why escalate? I seriously have no idea what you're taking offense to aside from the interactions I've mentioned: a joke that you were a sock puppet for RaiCoss, another joke about how you only posted in the boobs thread (for the last time, a joke, dude), and calling you out for your personal attack on Iceni, which is part of the job here but something I would have done anyway. I barely recall interacting with you at all aside from that, for that matter. You need to lighten the fuck up. And put away your tweezers with this distinction between "jibes" and "banter". If you think my apology from however long ago was "weasel words", that's on you. I'm not taking any responsibility for the persecution complex you've developed. I can't read your mind. You've obviously been carrying this around for a while,  and you should have messaged me and asked to talk about it. You're still welcome to do that. I didn't have a problem with you. I do now. We can still work it out, though, if you want. If you don't, again, that's on you. 

I don't "worry" what you post about; I want for people in general to stick around and talk about music. Yourself included, as long as you're not being a dick to anyone. By all means, add some substance to the forum. As far as refusing to acknowledge each other, it doesn't work that way. I'm a moderator; part of the job is to be aware of and responsive to everyone else on the forum, again including yourself. Banter, as RO says, is part of it. I'm not walking on eggshells around you. 

So once again: no fucking clue what your problem is, unless it's the instances I mentioned, which you're taking way too personally. Stop with the tough talk and name-calling. Either drop this, or send me a civil message explaining yourself. 

I'm not talking about the Iceni thing. You had a legit position there as his friend here.
I 'escalated' it as you put it because you have a history of being a snarky douche to use an American term. You claim it's a joke but it never comes across that way. it also doesn't seem to match up with your humour in other posts. I don't bother you for posting things I don't agree with or whatever, yet if I call you out on doing that I'm in the wrong. Nice double standards there.
I think you have an issue with me, you think I have an issue with you. If you aren't willing to avoid speaking to me then I'll do it for you. From this point on I won't be responding to you unless under extreme circumstances. It's the easiest solution to an annoying situation.
Bye.

AS BOTH FATHERALABASTER AND MYSELF HAVE EXPLAINED AVOIDING A USER IS NOT AN OPTION FOR A MODERATOR!!! You're so devoted to the idea that FatherAlabaster has an issue with you that nothing anyone says will convince you otherwise. I've found FA's jokes are always made in context. Ultimately this appears to be a problem born from the difficulty written language, particularly online, has in conveying tone. I'm fed up with this crap. You had ample opportunity to raise the issue in private but chose not to even after I suggested doing so. This leads me to believe it's simply you wanting to cause drama for the sake of it.

AS BOTH FATHERALABASTER AND MYSELF HAVE EXPLAINED AVOIDING A USER IS NOT AN OPTION FOR A MODERATOR!!! You're so devoted to the idea that FatherAlabaster has an issue with you that nothing anyone says will convince you otherwise. I've found FA's jokes are always made in context. Ultimately this appears to be a problem born from the difficulty written language, particularly online, has in conveying tone. I'm fed up with this crap. You had ample opportunity to raise the issue in private but chose not to even after I suggested doing so. This leads me to believe it's simply you wanting to cause drama for the sake of it.

He's perfectly free to moderate as he wishes, I just won't be speaking to him. I really can't see a simpler solution. If there's no interaction there's little chance of conflict. How exactly is this causing drama for the sake of it? We essentially go our separate ways so to speak.
Beyond what's been said here I'd say any drama has come and gone.