the live show thread

the place to talk concerts you've been to, the best, the worst, bands that exceeded expectations or fell short etc for me the best concert I've beeen to was Metallica in 2010 it was nuts, a setlist of almost entirely Kill/Ride/Puppets tracks a couple songs from Justice and a couple from Magnetic people were moshing in the seats expecting Sabbath will be better tonight though can't fucking wait

Well, The Best. Watain, Sweden rock festival 2010. Bathory Tribute. They played a bunch of their best songs that night, Like Wolfs Curse, I am the Earth, Stellarvore and On horns impaled. Then Boss spoke a few words during the intro to Blood Fire Death, Followed by probably the best song of all times, A Fine Day to Die. then Return of Darkness and Evil, Reaper, Enter the Eternal Fire, Sacrifice and Born For Burning. Watain use to be good, and they are getting better every time i see them live, but to beat their performance that night they to do better. Hoping i get to see Nifelhim and brasilian Vulcano this friday. That show have to be good.

fuck man I thought Metallica was loud...Black motherfucking Sabbath for the win. Ozzy was on fire all night belting out the classics, his crowd interaction was incoherent but you expect that from Ozzy. Speaking of the crowd every single person in attendance sung along in full voice to every single song, we even sung the guitar solos and riffs. I think I may have lost my voice and somehow concussed myself through headbanging so long and hard.

I just came went to 2 shows that just so happened to be in my neighborhood: Goatwhore/3 Inches Of Blood/Ramming Speed Saturday 5/4/13: I went to this show and it was awesome! Nicely packed but not too packed. Ramming Speed had so much energy live onstage! Some killer thrash riffs, and early grindcore type of vocals added to it!Had me in a violent headbanging mood! \,,/ 3 Inches Of blood was awesome aswell! Their set was really good! High energy, and Cam's vocals were superior! It was also Cam the lead singers birthday also that night!Lots of headbanging and moshing for their set! Almost everybody in the crowd was either headbanging,moshing, or singing along! Goatwhore is fantastic live! The solo's, and riffs were just jaw dropping! Their stage presence was pretty good aswell. And they play a good 90+ min set that featured a lot of songs off their last 3 albums! The next night was Cinco De Mayhem and it was at another venue just down the street from the previous one. I saw a descent local band play, but forgot the name of the band who was awesome live! Hypocrisy was supposed to headline but had to back out due to visas... Arsis put on one hell of a performance with some really good riffs and solos! They are one band not to miss live! I was not impressed by Starkill at all! They look like they were rejected from the either the emocore or glam scene and decided that since they cant sing. They can atleast have a go at death metal. And thats exactly how they sounded live aswell! Krisuin put on a killer show! My 2nd time seeing them. And I enjoyed every minute of their set! They played all of their popular songs, and the guitarist had some of the best solos Ive ever heard in the death metal genre! They played a 1 1/2 hour set packed with high energy death metal topped with great riffs and had the fans in a headbanging spree! \,,/ Sl85

Well, The Best. Watain, Sweden rock festival 2010. Bathory Tribute. They played a bunch of their best songs that night, Like Wolfs Curse, I am the Earth, Stellarvore and On horns impaled. Then Boss spoke a few words during the intro to Blood Fire Death, Followed by probably the best song of all times, A Fine Day to Die. then Return of Darkness and Evil, Reaper, Enter the Eternal Fire, Sacrifice and Born For Burning. Watain use to be good, and they are getting better every time i see them live, but to beat their performance that night they to do better. Hoping i get to see Nifelhim and brasilian Vulcano this friday. That show have to be good.
That sounds sick, I would have loved to be there. Another Bathory tribute that a guy I knew told me about was at The Slaying of the Nazarene Child festival many years ago. I guess Kanwulf of Nargaroth with Judas Iscariot played pretty much the whole Under the Sign of the Black Mark album, that would have been something to see. I'm jealous of that Nifelheim and Vulcano gig too, you'd better go and tell me how great it was. As far as best and worst shows ever, that's sort of a tough decision for me, as I've been to a lot of great shows and a lot of shitty shows. Some of my favorite live bands would have to be Pallbearer, Deceased, Celtic Frost, Napalm Death, Ministry, Tool, Vader, Overkill, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Morbid Angel, Vektor, Mournful Congregation, Nazxul, Dark Tranquillity, Opeth, Watain, Amon Amarth, Gojira, Suffocation, Immolation, and Jungle Rot.

Re: the live show thread

fuck man I thought Metallica was loud...Black motherfucking Sabbath for the win. Ozzy was on fire all night belting out the classics' date=' his crowd interaction was incoherent but you expect that from Ozzy. Speaking of the crowd every single person in attendance sung along in full voice to every single song, we even sung the guitar solos and riffs. I think I may have lost my voice and somehow concussed myself through headbanging so long and hard.[/quote'] Fuck. now I feel sad, because of fucking school and shit and also the fact that I don't know who else could go with me, I might never see them. I NEED TO SEE THEM!!!

Best Shows: ___________ Nevermore Type O Negative Lacuna Coil Within Temptation Stolen Babies Iron Maiden Metallica Megadeth Macabre Cradle of Filth Cephalic Carnage Cannibal Corpse Aerosmith In the Company of Serpents Bad Acid Trip GWAR Amon Amarth Dimmu Borgir Diabolic Vile Exhumed Doro Yngwie The Cure Weird Al Beyond the Embrace Neither Good or Bad: ____________________ Arch Enemy Pallbearer Space Hog Korn Worst Shows: ____________ Krisiun Coal Chamber Hypocrisy Watch Them Die Iced Earth Trivial Novembers Doom Slayer Children of Bodom Hate Eternal Dio Dying Fetus Misery Index Celtic Frost Opeth Full Devil Jacket Kylesa Brand New Sin Veins of Jenna CKY Hailstorm Himsa The Black Dahila Murder

That sounds sick' date=' I would have loved to be there. Another Bathory tribute that a guy I knew told me about was at The Slaying of the Nazarene Child festival many years ago. I guess Kanwulf of Nargaroth with Judas Iscariot played pretty much the whole Under the Sign of the Black Mark album, that would have been something to see. I'm jealous of that Nifelheim and Vulcano gig too, you'd better go and tell me how great it was.[/quote'] Actually i saw Nifelheim with Vulcano last year, or maybe two years ago. They have done this tour once before. And it was brilliant. Nifelheim was best obviously. The furiousity they have live is really intense and it will be the fifth time i see them. Other really Good shows ive see have been King Diamond, Celtic Frost, Pagan Rites, Kreator, At the Gates, Behemoth, Unleashed, Destruction, Necrocurse, Grand Magus, Torture Division, Sorcery, Sodom, Repugnant, RAM, Morbid Angel, Moonspell, Hell, Lord Belial, Graveyard, Emperor, Deströyer 666, Chthonic, Aura Noir, Black Trip, Wolf, Wasp, Kataklysm, Snowy Shaw, Carcass, Grave,. And of course Fields of the Nephilim. Bad Shows or just shows i didnt like, would be such as Cannibal Corpse, Cradle of Filth, Deicide, Gorgoroth(without Infernus), Helvetets Post, Kiss, Machine Head, Mastodon, Megadeth, Opeth, Sabaton, Korn, Nightwish, System of a Down, Billy Idol, Nazareth, Fear factory, Gamma Ray, Mystic Circle, Soilwork, Whitesnake, Dimmu Borgir, Iced Earth, Mayhem, Sonic Syndicate, Keep of Kalessin. and more .

Best Shows: ___________ Nevermore Type O Negative Lacuna Coil Within Temptation Stolen Babies Iron Maiden Metallica Megadeth Macabre Cradle of Filth Cephalic Carnage Cannibal Corpse Aerosmith In the Company of Serpents Bad Acid Trip GWAR Amon Amarth Dimmu Borgir Diabolic Vile Exhumed Doro Yngwie The Cure Weird Al Beyond the Embrace Neither Good or Bad: ____________________ Arch Enemy Pallbearer Space Hog Korn Worst Shows: ____________ Krisiun Coal Chamber Hypocrisy Watch Them Die Iced Earth Trivial Novembers Doom Slayer Children of Bodom Hate Eternal Dio Dying Fetus Misery Index Celtic Frost Opeth Full Devil Jacket Kylesa Brand New Sin Veins of Jenna CKY Hailstorm Himsa The Black Dahila Murder
I forgot about Megadeth, that should have been on my list for both times I've seen them. Exodus too, at least for the first time that I saw them. I am a bit surprised to see Celtic Frost on your bad list, especially with how heavy and doomy they were live. I'm going to have to disagree with a few though, obviously Cannibal Corpse bored the shit out of me, as did Dimmu Borgir and GWAR. Lacuna Coil was fucking terrible live, and would definitely be on my bad list. I also disagree with Hypocrisy and Hate Eternal being on your bad list, as while not great, both were good enough when I saw them. Children of Bodom would be split for me, being good the first time I saw them with Amon Amarth, and not so good with Between the Buried and Me, who also rank among the worst band I've ever seen. Slayer was pretty abysmal though, so I do agree with you there.

worst gig I've ever been to is pretty easy to answer evanescence' date=' my cousin bought two tickets but no one wanted to go with her and so mum was like "you can go, you like that sort of music" yeah uh NO but I was 15 and got free beer out of it so that was a plus[/quote'] I can sympathize. When I was a teenager, my mom was dating this guy that liked stuff like this, and though I was into heavier stuff, he seemed to think it would be cool to take my brother and I to shows like this. I had to sit through both Disturbed and Evanescence on separate occasions with this guy at my mom's request, and both were atrocious. Evanescence was so bad, they fucking train wrecked in a couple of their songs and hard to start over. People were cheering for some reason, to which the band responded "don't cheer, we suck!", and I can't say that I disagree with them. Both shows had horrible openers too, bands like Taproot and Adema, so I would say that those were some of the worst shows I have been to.

I just checked their website, they didn't have any UK shows listed... They didn't have a Salt Lake City date for their US tour listed either (big surprise), but they did have a Las Vegas date that I may try to catch if I can afford the tickets. It looks like they're about $70 just for shitty seats...

another reason I don't go to gigs very often, ticket pricing down here fucking SUCKS, you wanna know what I payed for my tickets (I got two) $140 but before you say "well that's not bad for two tickets" because of my vision impairment when I buy tickets for something I automatically get 1 free with what's called a "companion" card (because clearly the federal government like Doctor Who) so that hundred and forty dollars was for ONE TICKET!!!

another reason I don't go to gigs very often' date=' ticket pricing down here fucking SUCKS, you wanna know what I payed for my tickets (I got two) $140 but before you say "well that's not bad for two tickets" because of my vision impairment when I buy tickets for something I automatically get 1 free with what's called a "companion" card (because clearly the federal government like Doctor Who) so that hundred and forty dollars was for ONE TICKET!!![/quote'] Hope it was a good seat for that price. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

the pit isn't a safe place for a vision impaired person, especially down here where we still take the business of a mosh pit incredibly seriously so I've only been standing once (Soundwave Festival, bitterly disappointing actually Iron Maiden were headlining but they sucked ass) but then I've only been to five gigs in my life (evanescence as mentioned above, Soundwave as mentioned above, AC/DC which was very good, Metallica which was awesome and Black Sabbath which went up to the Metallica show, punched it in the head, laughed and then stole Metallica's wallet)

Ok, well. Standing at a big show like Metallica could be a bit rough. Most people are as ive said before maggots and have no respect for others in their surrounding. I have mostly been to gigs in smaller places with only 100-500 people and then standing is the only option. Or festivals where you can stand by the side or somewhere in the back and still enjoy the show. Many of the smaller ones are my favorite even thou i like to mosh around sometimes.

the pit isn't a safe place for a vision impaired person' date=' especially down here where we still take the business of a mosh pit incredibly seriously so I've only been standing once (Soundwave Festival, bitterly disappointing actually Iron Maiden were headlining but they sucked ass) but then I've only been to five gigs in my life (evanescence as mentioned above, Soundwave as mentioned above, AC/DC which was very good, Metallica which was awesome and Black Sabbath which went up to the Metallica show, punched it in the head, laughed and then stole Metallica's wallet)[/quote'] What songs did the mighty Sabbs play Murph?

aargh too many to recall straight away so I'll just list the ones I remember: War Pigs, Into The Void, Black Sabbath, Iron Man, N.I.B, Fairies Wear Boots, Electric Funeral, Symptom Of The Universe, Children Of The Grave, Snowblind, Paranoid they played a couple songs from the unreleased new album as well and some of the lesser known songs from the classic era

Sometimes the best bands deliver the best shows: AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Deep Purple, The Scorpions, Rob Zombie, Saxon, Dropkick Murphys (when they were an Oi! band), Sham 69 (rare, admittedly), Sepultura, Slayer, Sick Of It All, Judas Priest, Rammstien, Ozzy, Twisted Sister.... And sometimes you get sensational live shows from the unexpected: Murphy's Law, Agnostic Front, Dog Eat Dog, Biohazard, Peter and The Test Tube Babies,, Toy Dolls, Hard Skin, King Prawn And somehow there's major dissapointments: Motorhead (not always great, but not often bad), Iron Maiden (seen 'em at Ayr Pavilion twice and Glasgow Apollo once-poor stuff, even though I like them), Fear Factory (you've had your chance, lads), Ministry (going through the motions IMO), Faith No More (patchy), Entombed, Crowbar, The Ramones (no, there is nothing clever about playing so fast that your singer can't keep up).