Hot metal/longhaired guys \m/

LilleFloytist

I flirt with women too' date=' but I'm not 100% straight. Sadly it's always the cute pretty straight-only girls that I tend to fancy.[/quote']Yes haha I understand completely. I mean I am not into women "in those ways" as far as emotionally or sexually....but I very much lie to stare at beautiful women and look at nude female bodies a lot. haha And honestly I do tend to question my sexuality when I come across a female metal singer who can growl super good.

Yes haha I understand completely. I mean I am not into women "in those ways" as far as emotionally or sexually....but I very much lie to stare at beautiful women and look at nude female bodies a lot. haha And honestly I do tend to question my sexuality when I come across a female metal singer who can growl super good.
I realized pretty early on that I wasn't typical... my first sexual experience ever was with a girl, first relationship was one too. I've had more success with men though and I put it down to common interests. There just aren't many women into gaming, metal, geek stuff, STEM stuff, computers, etc. Women tend to come with emotional complications that I'm not well equipped to deal with as well. I would guess you're like most humans, and you fall in a "grey area" when it comes to sexuality (which is the most normal you could be). :)

I realized pretty early on that I wasn't typical... my first sexual experience ever was with a girl, first relationship was one too. I've had more success with men though and I put it down to common interests. There just aren't many women into gaming, metal, geek stuff, STEM stuff, computers, etc. Women tend to come with emotional complications that I'm not well equipped to deal with as well. I would guess you're like most humans, and you fall in a "grey area" when it comes to sexuality (which is the most normal you could be). :)
Yes I am the same way I have said it on here a few times, the lack of females who are into metal, gaming, sitting in a house for hours to talking about life, not bitching every second about this girl and that girl, not snobby, not skanky (haha), hates clubbing music, hates clubbing, likes to read, rather quiet/doesnt talk my damn ear off especially using that one voice that sounds like they cannot get it out, etc etc etc. Oh....maybe I am just too picky. haha And yes I would say I am for sure in a grey area....my boyfriend gets very tired of me getting mad at him for thinking all the women I find sexy as hell to either be "ugly" or "meh shes ok." heh

haha...what is their age typically? Also what kind of females are these? Too many questions? :D hehe
By all means, ask away. Usually they have to be at least 23 or something before courtesy ceases to amaze them. I've mentioned before that I get along better with adults; that would be one example. As for what kind of females, well, they're usually the more social type. Less social girls just take my courtesy in stride and talk normally, although the less social girls are also often the very academic ones; for example, I know one girl who seems perfectly nice but she's a well-informed theology/politics major who also seems to speak fluent French. As a result, I'm generally scared to talk to her since she seems a fair distance ahead of me academically, but not so far ahead that I could simply speak to her as if she were a TA or a mentor of some description. I think she's Catholic anyway, which doesn't help matters.

As a result' date=' I'm generally scared to talk to her since she seems a fair distance ahead of me academically[/quote'] I love surrounding myself with people more intelligent than me. Intelligence is such a turn on! And not in a sexual way, but in an inspiring kind of way. Talking to people who are better educated and more intelligent than I am is exciting because I feel like it'll rub off on me, I'll learn some new things, open my mind a bit, get a new perspective, etc. I can't really claim myself as being all that smart. Maybe a bit above average but then again - who wouldn't say the same? If the measure of intelligence is academia, I fall very short. If it's wisdom & experience, I feel like I've lived two lives already, and I do feel like I have a lot more experience than my peers. Iceni are you slightly disconcerted by the idea of striking up a conversation with someone more educated/fluent/mature than you because you won't have the upper hand in the conversation? Or is it fear of judgement?

By all means' date=' ask away. Usually they have to be at least 23 or something before courtesy ceases to amaze them. I've mentioned before that I get along better with adults; that would be one example. As for what kind of females, well, they're usually the more social type. Less social girls just take my courtesy in stride and talk normally, although the less social girls are also often the very academic ones; for example, I know one girl who seems perfectly nice but she's a well-informed theology/politics major who also seems to speak fluent French. As a result, I'm generally scared to talk to her since she seems a fair distance ahead of me academically, but not so far ahead that I could simply speak to her as if she were a TA or a mentor of some description. I think she's Catholic anyway, which doesn't help matters.[/quote'] Well you seem to speak rather well? I do not think she would think "oh my god...this guy...is about .00000000187% less smart than I am, I SHAN'T be interested!! >=( heh...How old are you? Also what is your major in school? (again with the questions=D)

I love surrounding myself with people more intelligent than me. Intelligence is such a turn on! And not in a sexual way' date=' but in an inspiring kind of way. Talking to people who are better educated and more intelligent than I am is exciting because I feel like it'll rub off on me, I'll learn some new things, open my mind a bit, get a new perspective, etc. I can't really claim myself as being all that smart. Maybe a bit above average but then again - who wouldn't say the same? If the measure of intelligence is academia, I fall very short. If it's wisdom & experience, I feel like I've lived two lives already, and I do feel like I have a lot more experience than my peers. Iceni are you slightly disconcerted by the idea of striking up a conversation with someone more educated/fluent/mature than you because you won't have the upper hand in the conversation? Or is it fear of judgement?[/quote']I agree fully. I love people who have around my "smartness" on certain subjects, and sometimes I am turned off by people who are obviously not smart but also I can get even MORE turned off by people who are smart as hell in a few subjects and think they are god because of the fact. I cannot deal with people who have a grandiose mentality simply because they have read 33 books on the planets. haha. And yes 100% I agree about the wisdom thing being different than academics. People think just because you get all A's in every class, that you are somehow the smartest thing ever. I get nearly all A's in my university...but this is constant studying, having to read,highlight everything, write all of those highlighted areas onto flashcards, memorize those flashcards, alll in order to get an A. I am not one of those people that just needs to listen in class, and geta an A. heh.Honestly I look for much more than "intelligence" in a person to find them interesting. I would rather be friends with someone who is not very smart, but kind as hell, than someone smart as hell, and a prick. heh.........Rant Overr!!

Well you seem to speak rather well? I do not think she would think "oh my god...this guy...is about .00000000187% less smart than I am' date=' I SHAN'T be interested!! >=( heh...How old are you? Also what is your major in school? (again with the questions=D)[/quote'] Thank you. I think I communicate well enough. I am 32. I never went to college - not for lack of interest, but because I was very poor and on my own at 16. I probably would have majored in design or something related to the arts. I only just barely scraped through high school. I was one of those people who could get "easy A's" -- however I deliberately failed my entire freshman year (emotional and home issues). So that set me very far back as my entire sophomore and junior years was doubling up on classes I had to re-take and pass. Even if I could have afforded college my grades wouldn't have got me into anything more than community college.

I would rather be friends with someone who is not very smart' date=' but kind as hell, than someone smart as hell, and a prick. heh.........Rant Overr!![/quote'] The most intelligent people, I've found, don't need to boast about it. They just are and it's plain to see. Often they just don't even realize their own brilliance. I really admire those rare gems. It's the people who overstate their ability / educatedness / intelligence that fall short somewhere and are insecure, sadly.

The most intelligent people, I've found, don't need to boast about it. They just are and it's plain to see. Often they just don't even realize their own brilliance. I really admire those rare gems. It's the people who overstate their ability / educatedness / intelligence that fall short somewhere and are insecure, sadly.
So found this guy I thought MAYBE you would like. haha Enjoy=P [ATTACH=CONFIG]1224[/ATTACH]

To answer mindy's question, I'm a 'rising senior' in Georgetown University's undergraduate School of Foreign Service.

I love surrounding myself with people more intelligent than me. Intelligence is such a turn on! And not in a sexual way, but in an inspiring kind of way. Talking to people who are better educated and more intelligent than I am is exciting because I feel like it'll rub off on me, I'll learn some new things, open my mind a bit, get a new perspective, etc. I can't really claim myself as being all that smart. Maybe a bit above average but then again - who wouldn't say the same? If the measure of intelligence is academia, I fall very short. If it's wisdom & experience, I feel like I've lived two lives already, and I do feel like I have a lot more experience than my peers. Iceni are you slightly disconcerted by the idea of striking up a conversation with someone more educated/fluent/mature than you because you won't have the upper hand in the conversation? Or is it fear of judgement?
Maybe I didn't communicate myself clearly. I have no problem whatsoever talking to people who are cleverer than me, I do that on a regular basis when I talk to the theology postgrad students at church. It's when I come across people who are cleverer than me and are also pretty close to my own age (younger, or less than two years older) that I start to just leave conversations because I want to contribute but I have nothing. Fear of judgment certainly is part of my behavior on that front. Meeting such people just annihilates my self-esteem in the same way that seeing good art often completely kills my creativity. The mature reaction would be to humbly try to acquire some of their knowledge and admire them for their good qualities, but I'm too lazy, jealous and self-centered to do that. Usually I just remind myself that by talking to them I'd be a complete waste of their time and I sod off so I can go feel sorry for myself for a few hours. As for having the upper hand in a conversation - it's not necessarily that. I would prefer to have the impression that I've contributed something. There's one guy I'm friends with just now who is categorically superior to me with regards to Speech and Debate and knows a lot more about defense and security than I do. But I have enough facts and knowledge that it's fun to discuss these subjects with him, in localized dimensions where I'm just interested in asking questions. However, he also wants to know about African politics and conflict, and I know that I have more knowledge than he does about that subject - so at least there's some subject of mutual interest where I can contribute something. And at least I know enough about certain parts of military matters that it's fun to converse and again, I get the impression I'm contributing something. It's worth mentioning that this is primarily a social/academic thing, I don't mind not being particularly special at work as long as I know I'm doing something useful. But when it comes to socializing and recognition I definitely want the impression of being unique or else I may as well not have come to the party. At that point all I'm doing is eating all the pigs in blankets and serving as the living manifestation of inefficiency and waste, at beast, and at worse being a general eyesore that needs tidying up.

Maybe I didn't communicate myself clearly. I have no problem whatsoever talking to people who are cleverer than me, I do that on a regular basis when I talk to the theology postgrad students at church. It's when I come across people who are cleverer than me and are also pretty close to my own age (younger, or less than two years older) that I start to just leave conversations because I want to contribute but I have nothing.
No -- you did explain clearly. By "person" I had actually meant in your context "prospective date / pretty girl".

It's when I come across people who are cleverer than me and are also pretty close to my own age (younger' date= or less than two years older) that I start to just leave conversations because I want to contribute but I have nothing. Ok......these two things stand out to me of everything you said. Reason being, I think it seems (although I do not know you personally so I could be completely wrong), that you think that "contributing" just derives from having intelligence and providing intelligent discussions and explaining your knowledge of various topics to various individuals. But the thing is is that it seems you have no thought about what ELSE traits makes some interesting and contribute to others? Just a person who is completely kind to everyone and always helps a pal in need will be contributing, even if they aren't the smartest person ever. Let's face it, you are human just like everyone else, but you also have more than "knowledge" to contribute. Seems you are rather a sarcastic/joking type of person, so surely people would like that about you and it would contribute to others laughter and good moods etc? Did I just go into a completely different topic all together? Have I made myself clear? haha..Sorry, when I get into a topic, I tend to flee from the original topic at hand=P

No -- you did explain clearly. By "person" I had actually meant in your context "prospective date / pretty girl".
Well to be honest it can be applied to guys as well although it rarely is. Intuitively, it's easier by several orders of magnitude for me to socialize with other guys rather than attempting to converse with any given young woman, especially if I'm in any way attracted to her.
Ok......these two things stand out to me of everything you said. Reason being' date=' I think it seems (although I do not know you personally so I could be completely wrong), that you think that "contributing" just derives from having intelligence and providing intelligent discussions and explaining your knowledge of various topics to various individuals. But the thing is is that it seems you have no thought about what ELSE traits makes some interesting and contribute to others? Just a person who is completely kind to everyone and always helps a pal in need will be contributing, even if they aren't the smartest person ever. Let's face it, you are human just like everyone else, but you also have more than "knowledge" to contribute. Seems you are rather a sarcastic/joking type of person, so surely people would like that about you and it would contribute to others laughter and good moods etc? Did I just go into a completely different topic all together? Have I made myself clear? haha..Sorry, when I get into a topic, I tend to flee from the original topic at hand=P[/quote'] I'm willing to acknowledge those as benefits but two things: first, I'm not too great at those either (or maybe people just don't get my jokes. Probably both), and second, they're easy. It's not hard for me to make jokes. But a jocular riposte really isn't as satisfying as an intellectual conversation when it comes to people I'm talking with face to face. I don't mind making people laugh, it's pretty fun, but I'd rather leave them with the impression that I can be serious and insightful as well.

I'm willing to acknowledge those as benefits but two things: first' date=' I'm not too great at those either (or maybe people just don't get my jokes. Probably both), and second, they're easy. It's not hard for me to make jokes. But a jocular riposte really isn't as satisfying as an intellectual conversation when it comes to people I'm talking with face to face. I don't mind making people laugh, it's pretty fun, but I'd rather leave them with the impression that I can be serious and insightful as well.[/quote'] Well...and I am sure they DO get that from you. I do not even know you well and I even got the impression that you can be serious and playful as well. I do not see anything wrong with those qualities. heh. At least you aren't like...ridiculously serious about life all the time and can never have fun. I have known some of those people,,,,it can be very exhausting.

I certainly know how challenging it can be to just ignore a boner in favor intellectual discourse. XD
That's not the problem so much as that I become a lot more sensitive to the slightest hint of stupid in anything I'm saying, so I have far less confidence in trying to continue a conversation. Not that this is in any way a unique or new dilemma.

That's not the problem so much as that I become a lot more sensitive to the slightest hint of stupid in anything I'm saying' date=' so I have far less confidence in trying to continue a conversation. Not that this is in any way a unique or new dilemma.[/quote'] Just laugh it off:D It can be quite hilarious seeing peoples reactions after something stupid/not funnt is said....it actually becomes hilarious. ha