The TV Thread

RelentlessOblivion

• 2 weeks later...
I contest that. I'm not saying he would be invisiable but he would be armed with a short sword which would be very nifty at sticking through cracks in armour (or even punching through) and it has to be remembered that a Spartan's sole occupation since the age of seven was fighting.
Bah. A bronze cuirass could trivially be smashed by almost any one of the knight's heavier weapons. Spartans were taught to fight in a group, that's why they had the shields. Individually they'd be less well off, but a knight could fight on his own. Again, with a proper flail he could simply swing over the shield and bash the Spartan's head in. He could use an axe, or better yet a war hammer to yank the shield any direction, probably to the right to expose the Spartan's shoulder, then stick him with the backspike.

I have just watched episode one of Banshee on SKY Atlantic and it was awesome. Really dark, bitter and twisted, tongue in cheek, action driven and witty black comedic value thrown in to the mix as well. Hope this continues in the same vein. I watched the finale of The Following last night and was massively underwhelmed, seriously there goes 15 hours of my life that I will never get back that built into one of the lamest endings I have ever seen in my life to a TV programme.

I have just watched episode one of Banshee on SKY Atlantic and it was awesome. Really dark, bitter and twisted, tongue in cheek, action driven and witty black comedic value thrown in to the mix as well. Hope this continues in the same vein. I watched the finale of The Following last night and was massively underwhelmed, seriously there goes 15 hours of my life that I will never get back that built into one of the lamest endings I have ever seen in my life to a TV programme.
Not surprising. I love how the villain of the show is just sort of pointlessly British when the whole communal killer family thing is much more of an American trope than an English one. The show The Good Guys actually lampooned British villains in one episode by making them car thieves - although they did not get the cast of Top Gear to play the parts, sadly.

Re: The TV Thread

The Following was an entirely pointless show really' date=' it was tired and predictable with very little imagination put into it.[/quote'] I just don't like Kevin Bacon, so I never gave it a chance. My wife's sister is addicted to that show and made sure to play it while she was here, and the parts that I happened to see of it when it was in the same room seemed relatively uninteresting. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I watched the finale of The Following last night and was massively underwhelmed' date=' seriously there goes 15 hours of my life that I will never get back that built into one of the lamest endings I have ever seen in my life to a TV programme.[/quote'] When you say finale do you mean done and over with? Like cancelled done? Just asking because I figured that when it started it would be cancelled. I PVR'd the series but didn't watch even one episode because if they cancelled it, I didn't want to be stuck with yet another half finished FOX show in my head. I'd heard that it was the season finale not the series finale but now I'm not sure and I'll have to check it out! Some people love the show, some people hate it but there don't seem to be many that are in the middle about it. *Edit - Just checked and it has, in fact, been renewed.*

• 4 weeks later...

Favourite show by far at present is "Banshee" - it's just real ballsy, belief suspending, darkly comedic brilliance. The set-up is bizarre and places no footfalls in reality but who cares? It's crass one-liners coupled with it's unrelenting violence pull me in regardless. Also loving "Hannibal" too. The guy they got playing Will Graham is brilliant - almost as good as the "Maneater" casting. People keep mentioning "Breaking Bad" - is it any good folks?

Re: The TV Thread

I work nights so I miss out on watching prime time tv' date=' I usually just watch box sets, Have Recently just finished The Sopranos (my favorite) And I am now watching Breaking Bad, I also like the oldies like The Munsters and the original Batman haha! Twin Peaks was another good one as is The First 48.[/quote'] Twin Peaks is my favorite TV show ever, I love everything about it. David Lynch is my favorite director, and I think that Twin Peaks is one of his finest works, along with Mulholland Drive and Eraserhead. It's all brilliant, surreal, and deep stuff, and Twin Peaks has been great inspiration for my new lyrics. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Twin Peaks is my favorite TV show ever, I love everything about it. David Lynch is my favorite director, and I think that Twin Peaks is one of his finest works, along with Mulholland Drive and Eraserhead. It's all brilliant, surreal, and deep stuff, and Twin Peaks has been great inspiration for my new lyrics. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Lyrics inspired by Twin Peaks? Cool, are you going to post them in the Lyrics section? would be an interesting read!

Re: The TV Thread I have yet to publish any of my lyrics, as they have all been quite personal thus far. These lyrics are just as personal, but are abstract enough that I might feel comfortable posting them. They're not lyrics about Twin Peaks, but they were inspired by it. When I watched the episode in season 2 when Bob's identity was revealed, I couldn't sleep and was quite disturbed. I was compelled to write 2 songs worth of lyrics, and then was able to go to sleep. I haven't touched hem or edited them since that night, and I don't know that I will, I like how they turned out. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

loving "Hannibal" too. The guy they got playing Will Graham is brilliant - almost as good as the "Maneater" casting. People keep mentioning "Breaking Bad" - is it any good folks?
we haven't got Hannibal down in Australia yet but I can't wait for it. Breaking Bad is over-hyped to insane proportions in my opinion it's average viewing at best. been watching Transporter: The Series and it's much less entertaining then I had hoped. Generic action scenes and poor dialogue don't make for a long lasting series.