Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 1 year later...
  • Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the end I did figure out what happened in that really old post. Turned out to be a glitch where the pokemon is erased from the game if it flees using roar. You'd have thought pokemon would have fix

Time to take on the Elite 4 in Diamond. Going in with my team all at level 60. Infernape w/ Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Flamethrower, Shadow Claw, Garchomp w/ Earthquake, Crunch, Dragon Claw, Sandstorm

FUCK YES   Who else saw the Ryan Reynolds Pikachu movie? xD

Posted Images

  • 1 year later...
On 9/8/2019 at 1:03 AM, H34VYM3T4LD4V3 said:

I saw it, found it thoroughly emjoyable though predictable, mainly liked it because the Pokemon looks so damn convincing and awesome.

I have not seen it as it looked bit too forumleric to me. If it's on UK Freeview would see it. 

Re Pokémon Ive got some rather cool Japanese Pokémon cards my sister got me when she was there for work. Very nice presentation with multi layers of flashy bits so you see different flashes from different angles. I know it sounds rubbish but they have to be seen to believed. There from a set called X,y&z whatever this means. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 1/1/2021 at 11:10 AM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

I have not seen it as it looked bit too forumleric to me. If it's on UK Freeview would see it. 

Re Pokémon Ive got some rather cool Japanese Pokémon cards my sister got me when she was there for work. Very nice presentation with multi layers of flashy bits so you see different flashes from different angles. I know it sounds rubbish but they have to be seen to believed. There from a set called X,y&z whatever this means. 

In all fairness it was fairly generic, but as a huge pokemon fan I was happy with the way they treated the source material :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, H34VYM3T4LD4V3 said:

In all fairness it was fairly generic, but as a huge pokemon fan I was happy with the way they treated the source material :)

Do you play the video game or the cards or is it just appreciation of the artwork 

 

Re film. Thanks for info, also good to know filmmakers didn't mess with the back story too much and kept it reasonably authentic to you. Will watch it when it's on TV. Probably ITV2 in 6 months ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Do you play the video game or the cards or is it just appreciation of the artwork 

 

Re film. Thanks for info, also good to know filmmakers didn't mess with the back story too much and kept it reasonably authentic to you. Will watch it when it's on TV. Probably ITV2 in 6 months ? 

Mainly the video games, thought I may aswell show you my collection as this is the right thread for it :P4COrMeB.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/02/2021 at 6:08 PM, H34VYM3T4LD4V3 said:

Mainly the video games, thought I may aswell show you my collection as this is the right thread for it :P4COrMeB.jpg

That's an impressive and very well kept collection. 

Just out of interest who's your favourite Pokémon. 

I tried putting screenshot of my Japanese Pokémon cards up but file was too big. Ahhhhn  ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

That's an impressive and very well kept collection. 

Just out of interest who's your favourite Pokémon. 

I tried putting screenshot of my Japanese Pokémon cards up but file was too big. Ahhhhn  ? 

Thanks Mate!

My fave pokemon is Aggron, he's my profile pic/gif :P:D

Put it up on an image hosting site buddy! Like I did with mine on Imgur

16 hours ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

H34vym3t4....... II've had a look at the original Pokémon, these for appearance are quite cool ones: mudmon and mudpile, haunter and evil face.no idea if there good in the game. 

 

You mean Grimer Muk Haunter and Gengar right? I like those too but my fave gen 1 pokemon is Pinsir :P (My 2nd Fave pokemon overall)

Image result for pinsir gif 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2021 at 3:13 PM, H34VYM3T4LD4V3 said:

Thanks Mate!

My fave pokemon is Aggron, he's my profile pic/gif :P:D

Put it up on an image hosting site buddy! Like I did with mine on Imgur

You mean Grimer Muk Haunter and Gengar right? I like those too but my fave gen 1 pokemon is Pinsir :P (My 2nd Fave pokemon overall)

Image result for pinsir gif 

Good to hear from you again. You've got some good Pokémon. Pinsir very metal looking to me with the heavy build and he looks armoured too like he's got on suit of armour, mouth and pinsir head are bit intimidating too. I would not like to meet this guy late at night in a deserted alley. ?

 

Re those Pokémon I mentioned. I will probably just upload screen shot but your probably right

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2021 at 2:55 AM, H34VYM3T4LD4V3 said:

@blaaacdoommmmfannice cards! ?

that pic of all the pokemon those aren’t their actual names ? those are joke names hahaha

and yes I have played the original pokemon red, and I think the following games are a lot better (especially Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald) but they are very fun in their own right.

Thanks re the Japanese cards. There cool cards even if you don't know anything about Pokémon like me😁 

Oh dear. I assumed they were there proper names. Always the danger of a Google search with little knowledge 😂

Thanks for advice re the games. May check one of those out. Are there any good Pokémon games on GameCube too as I don't play games enough to warrant buying latest Nintendo. 

Also have you played that Pokémon go app. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Thanks re the Japanese cards. There cool cards even if you don't know anything about Pokémon like me😁 

Oh dear. I assumed they were there proper names. Always the danger of a Google search with little knowledge 😂

Thanks for advice re the games. May check one of those out. Are there any good Pokémon games on GameCube too as I don't play games enough to warrant buying latest Nintendo. 

Also have you played that Pokémon go app. 

Hahahaaha well at least ya know now lol

 

Yes Pokemon Colosseum and Gale Of Darkness are good games, expensive now though, and the new ones on Switch aren't very good anyway.

 

also yes I do have Pokemon Go, dont really play it much anymore though

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2021 at 10:36 PM, H34VYM3T4LD4V3 said:

Hahahaaha well at least ya know now lol

 

Yes Pokemon Colosseum and Gale Of Darkness are good games, expensive now though, and the new ones on Switch aren't very good anyway.

 

also yes I do have Pokemon Go, dont really play it much anymore though

Yep I know now about the joke names😂

 

Thanks for the GameCube Pokémon games you rate. Yeah the XD one is way overpriced. Think one was for 350 dollars. Which is overpriced for any game imo. 

Is Pokémon go a game more of a introduction to Pokémon universe. Im guessing it's less technically demanding than working through the games. Also are Pokémon battles a turn based system similar to final fantasy type games. Although not played these games in a while so they've probably changed fair bit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Yep I know now about the joke names😂

 

Thanks for the GameCube Pokémon games you rate. Yeah the XD one is way overpriced. Think one was for 350 dollars. Which is overpriced for any game imo. 

Is Pokémon go a game more of a introduction to Pokémon universe. Im guessing it's less technically demanding than working through the games. Also are Pokémon battles a turn based system similar to final fantasy type games. Although not played these games in a while so they've probably changed fair bit. 

Pokémon go is definitely more of an introduction kind of game, and yes Pokémon is totally turn based quite a bit like FF 

 

you should give this a try ;) 

https://arcadespot.com/game/pokemon-fire-red-version/

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, H34VYM3T4LD4V3 said:

Pokémon go is definitely more of an introduction kind of game, and yes Pokémon is totally turn based quite a bit like FF 

 

you should give this a try ;) 

https://arcadespot.com/game/pokemon-fire-red-version/

Thanks for link. 

 

Yeah I guess it was silly question but at least I know what's Pokémon gameplay equivalent too. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Join Metal Forum

    joinus-home.jpg

  • Our picks

    • Whichever tier of thrash metal you consigned Sacred Reich back in the 80's/90's they still had their moments.  "Ignorance" & "Surf Nicaragura" did a great job of establishing the band, whereas "The American Way" just got a little to comfortable and accessible (the title track grates nowadays) for my ears.  A couple more records better left forgotten about and then nothing for twenty three years.  2019 alone has now seen three releases from Phil Rind and co.  A live EP, a split EP with Iron Reagan and now a full length.

      Notable addition to the ranks for the current throng of releases is former Machine Head sticksman, Dave McClean.  Love or hate Machine Head, McClean is a more than capable drummer and his presence here is felt from the off with the opening and title track kicking things off with some real gusto.  'Divide & Conquer' and 'Salvation' muddle along nicely, never quite reaching any quality that would make my balls tingle but comfortable enough.  The looming build to 'Manifest Reality' delivers a real punch when the song starts proper.  Frenzied riffs and drums with shots of lead work to hold the interest.


      There's a problem already though (I know, I am such a fucking mood hoover).  I don't like Phil's vocals.  I never had if I am being honest.  The aggression to them seems a little forced even when they are at their best on tracks like 'Manifest Reality'.  When he tries to sing it just feels weak though ('Salvation') and tracks lose real punch.  Give him a riffy number such as 'Killing Machine' and he is fine with the Reich engine (probably a poor choice of phrase) up in sixth gear.  For every thrashy riff there's a fair share of rock edged, local bar act rhythm aplenty too.

      Let's not poo-poo proceedings though, because overall I actually enjoy "Awakening".  It is stacked full of catchy riffs that are sticky on the old ears.  Whilst not as raw as perhaps the - brilliant - artwork suggests with its black and white, tattoo flash sheet style design it is enjoyable enough.  Yes, 'Death Valley' & 'Something to Believe' have no place here, saved only by Arnett and Radziwill's lead work but 'Revolution' is a fucking 80's thrash heyday throwback to the extent that if you turn the TV on during it you might catch a new episode of Cheers!

      3/5
      • Reputation Points

      • 3 replies
    • I
      • Reputation Points

      • 1 reply
    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/52-vltimas-something-wicked-marches-in/
      • Reputation Points

      • 3 replies
    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/50-queensryche-the-verdict/
      • Reputation Points

      • 0 replies

    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/48-candlemass-the-door-to-doom/
      • Reputation Points

      • 1 reply
×
×
  • Create New...