Which BM in your country makes you proud?

LiakosVikernes666

Re: Which BM in your country makes you proud?

Well Poland have many good BM bands - Massemord, Furia, Mgła, Kriegsmachine, Demonic Slaughter, Witchmaster among others. I don't even count older stuff of Behemoth, Graveland, Christ Agony, Imperator, Arkona or Infernum. Hmm, but one that making me the most proud? To be honest I don't know such a band. I just like the music, I don't consider it in such categories. It's just cool that we have good BM bands in Poland. As simple as that. P.S I don't count pagan metal bands, blackened death and things like that - only pure black metal from Poland.
My favorite, old or new, would be Cultes des Ghoules. Their newest album Henbane fucking floored me, morseo than any other new black metal album I've heard in years. Poland does have a solid scene though, I'm not familiar with a ton outside of the more well known bands (old Behemoth, Graveland, Lux Occulta, Mgła, Graveland, etc...), so I definitely need to do more digging. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Cultes des Ghoules - yeah, I know that there are many positive voices about their music. But I haven't heard anything from them, that's why I didn't mentioned this band. And I forgot about Lux Occulta. As far as I know they are going to release new album, and the single is already available. Anybody have heard it?

@FatherAlabaster Yeah, I listen to Mgła (it's spelled something like "Mgwah"). I haven't heard their longplayes, but I like their EPs, especially Futher Down The Nest. Maybe I need to at last check out Groza and With Hearts Toward None. And by the way - they started to do live shows. I'm curious how they sound on stage.

@FatherAlabaster Yeah' date=' I listen to Mgła (it's spelled something like "Mgwah"). I haven't heard their longplayes, but I like their EPs, especially Futher Down The Nest. Maybe I need to at last check out Groza and With Hearts Toward None. And by the way - they started to do live shows. I'm curious how they sound on stage.[/quote'] Hopefully I'll find out how they sound live at MDF, I really need to get some funds coming my way... Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Lots! Check the black metal recommendations thread' date=' there's got to be a bunch of American bands in there. Absu and Leviathan are two that I listen to a bunch, though I haven't been into black metal as much for a while now.[/quote'] I love both of those bands. In addition to those, I also enjoy the following: Demoncy, Profanatica, Havohej, Judas Iscariot, NME, December Wolves, Xasthur, Crimson Moon, Nachtmystium, Blood Stained Dusk, Ceremonial Castings, Woe, Averse Sefira, Tearstained, The Royal Arch Blaspheme, Grand Belial's Key, Gravewürm, Negative Plane, Ævangelist, Prosanctus Inferi, Black Funeral, etc... Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

BlutAusNerd mentioned many great american bands. I would also recommend Goathwhore - it's more black/thrash, but they are pretty good in kicking ass! Especially the album "Carving Out The Eyes of God". Everyone is saying bullshit about american black metal scene, but the truth is that there are quite many interesting bands. You just have to search for them. By the way the guy from Xasthur recently started a new project. Anyone knows something about it? I'm curious is he able to record something good again - because last Xasthur's album was a desaster.

Well, I don't listen to any American black metal, I tend to prefer French BM like Belenos, Anorexia Nervosa, Bran Barr and some of Blut Aus Nord's material. However, as far as pride goes I tend to be pretty happy to be from the same country that produced Nevermore and Halcyon Way.

BlutAusNerd mentioned many great american bands. I would also recommend Goathwhore - it's more black/thrash, but they are pretty good in kicking ass! Especially the album "Carving Out The Eyes of God". Everyone is saying bullshit about american black metal scene, but the truth is that there are quite many interesting bands. You just have to search for them. By the way the guy from Xasthur recently started a new project. Anyone knows something about it? I'm curious is he able to record something good again - because last Xasthur's album was a desaster.
I wasn't as fond of Carving Out the Eyes of God as their other albums, Apocalyptic Havoc was awesome, but the rest of the album didn't live up to expectations. I hadn't heard Scott was doing something new, I wonder what it will sound like. I really like Nocturnal Poisoning, but Xasthur never really broke any new ground after that, he just kept making really similar, but still decent albums. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Well' date=' I don't listen to any American black metal, I tend to prefer French BM like Belenos, Anorexia Nervosa, Bran Barr and some of Blut Aus Nord's material. However, as far as pride goes I tend to be pretty happy to be from the same country that produced Nevermore and Halcyon Way.[/quote'] You should check out some of the more polished and/or progressive sounding acts we have to offer, newer Absu and Averse Sefira, Ceremonial Castings, and Negative Plane may appeal to you. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I wasn't as fond of Carving Out the Eyes of God as their other albums, Apocalyptic Havoc was awesome, but the rest of the album didn't live up to expectations. I hadn't heard Scott was doing something new, I wonder what it will sound like. I really like Nocturnal Poisoning, but Xasthur never really broke any new ground after that, he just kept making really similar, but still decent albums. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
I really like A Haunting Curse, but I definitely need more Goatwhore. The songs they played off of Carving Out the Eyes of God sounded great live, but honestly after a few listens through Apocalyptic Havoc I've become pretty bored with it. The momentum they generate in the start of the song just doesn't last and the lyrical patterns sound awkward! It really throws me off. Hopefully their newer stuff is on the same level as A Haunting Curse.

You should check out some of the more polished and/or progressive sounding acts we have to offer' date=' newer Absu and Averse Sefira, Ceremonial Castings, and Negative Plane may appeal to you.[/quote'] I'll give that a go then. What are their lyrics like?

Absu has lyrics about summerian mythology, and later they decided to do lyrics about celtic one. They are mainly about some kind of occultism. I don't know the other bands. You can check them on Metal Archives though. And about Goatwhore - I enjoy "Carving..." very much. Even comparing to the older albums. But maybe I'm deaf or have some other problems with my ears hehe.

I'll give that a go then. What are their lyrics like?
I'm only familiar with Ceremonial Castings' album about the Salem witch trials, but the rest have occult lyrics, Absu started with Sumerian occultism, moved to Celtic occultism, and now I think they're back to Sumerian occultism. Averse Sefira seems to be more Qabbalistic (Sefira being the nodes on the tree of life), and Negative Plane's seem to be more philosophical left hand path lyrics. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I suppose I'll probably start with Negative Plane. I've finally broken down and I'm listening to Immortal just now.
I don't think old Immortal would be your speed, but At the Heart of Winter or Sons of Northern Darkness would be the best starting points for you. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I really dig that album! It has a very charging' date=' almost classic metal vibe in a lot of the songs. It's pretty great.[/quote'] It was a good album after the silence, it felt like a nice mixture of the ideas explored with I's Between Two Worlds and Sons of Northern Darkness. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

It was a good album after the silence, it felt like a nice mixture of the ideas explored with I's Between Two Worlds and Sons of Northern Darkness. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
I was a group I just couldn't get into. I wanted to. Was it a problem with the songwriting, or those shirtless rockstar photos of "Ice Dale", that really put the nail in the coffin? Who knows? But I honestly can't recall a single song from that album. That was also the last that I heard from Abbath and Co.