Anti Nu-Metal

LiakosVikernes666

I've read this a few dozen times now and love it more and more every time.
That's very kind of you, but I'm dead serious. I'm glad you find it funny but it's a completely honest assessment. I had to listen to that song a lot during my high school years and I genuinely do think it sounds like it sounds like a song that the rapist priest from Operation Mindcrime would put on whilst assaulting the prostitute-turned-nun character. 'Love Addict' is disgusting and repugnant to me in almost every way.

Yeah' date=' I'll give you that. If you're 'in the middle', don't attack one side but not the other, and yeah, quite a few so-called agnostics do this, which only contributes to the assumption that agnosticism and atheism are one in the same. I'm an agnostic because I don't find myself entirely convinced by either 'side' of the argument. Funnily enough, I probably do lean more towards the idea of intelligent design than that the whole universe happened by chance, and I do believe in an afterlife; not sure exactly on the form this takes, but I definitely don't believe in Heaven and Hell. Reincarnation seems quite plausible to me and I believe in ghosts/spirits as well. I guess my point is, just as there are vast differences in the beliefs of people who might seem on paper to share the same religion, it also shouldn't be assumed all agnostics believe exactly the same thing; it's not just about being 'atheist-lite'. :P[/quote'] I don't get Agnosticism. I've never felt like I need to cover my ass by saying "well there might be a God or there might not be". So far as I'm concerned there isn't a God and until I encounter something which changes my mind I'll stick by this view. I have a significant issue with organised religion but I have no issue with faith in and of itself.

I don't get Agnosticism. I've never felt like I need to cover my ass by saying "well there might be a God or there might not be". So far as I'm concerned there isn't a God and until I encounter something which changes my mind I'll stick by this view. I have a significant issue with organised religion but I have no issue with faith in and of itself.
It's really not about 'covering one's ass'. I really don't understand what's so illogical about neither believing nor disbelieving in God. No-one actually knows the truth and I'd rather suspend all judgement until we ever do know the truth (not that it'll ever probably happen) than just take a blind stab in the dark when I don't have the knowledge or capacity to make an informed decision.

Iceman you know by now I feel faith/belief can be seperated from religion. Baker I just don't think it's necessary to suspend judgement. Part of being human is making mistakes and if there is a God then it would stand to reason that said deity would forgive such a simple mistake.
To clarify, my reason for being an agnostic is not that I don't believe in God but am too scared to say I don't for fear of facing His wrath. My general philosophy in life is that it's best not to have an opinion or express a judgement unless you have a substantial amount of evidence behind what you say. Hence, I'm not prepared to give a dogmatic opinion on something we have little knowledge about; there's not enough evidence either way for me to make an informed decision and I'm certainly not going to tell other people what to believe.

Fair enough. I am prepared to make such judgement calls. I've always felt the "absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence" quote that seems to come up in such discussions is a weak fall-back stance. Obviously this isn't an area in which one, universal, proof is possible. Evidence in such areas as the metaphysical and paranormal will vary from person to person (I do believe in the paranormal for example because I have had experiences in this area and that's enough evidence for me) and ultimately some people will never change their position.

Re: Nu Metal (Yes/no)

It was the Broken Hope connection that I was trying to remember' date=' hah! I never heard Oppressor.[/quote'] You should check out Solstice of Oppression, it's a great death metal album that's not quite technical enough to be tech-death and not quite brutal enough to be called brutal death metal. Also, have you checked out my Long Island buddy's band Afterbirth yet? They're back together and writing some new material, and my buddy Cody is an awesome artist, he's the one that's doing the new Nevertanezra album art. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, unfortunately they are. Most of the members came from Oppressor, who were actually pretty good. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Ha! A couple weeks ago I was listening to a little bit of Elements of Corrosion. I randomly picked it up @ a Record Exchange back in '99 for $0.50

You should check out Solstice of Oppression, it's a great death metal album that's not quite technical enough to be tech-death and not quite brutal enough to be called brutal death metal. Also, have you checked out my Long Island buddy's band Afterbirth yet? They're back together and writing some new material, and my buddy Cody is an awesome artist, he's the one that's doing the new Nevertanezra album art. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
I'm glad you reminded me. I listened to a couple tracks earlier tonight. There were some cool riffs in there. The vocals were a little burpy for my taste. But I bet they'll be great live. It's more slammy than I thought you'd be into.

I'm glad you reminded me. I listened to a couple tracks earlier tonight. There were some cool riffs in there. The vocals were a little burpy for my taste. But I bet they'll be great live. It's more slammy than I thought you'd be into.
I didn't think Solstice of Oppression was slammy at all, but I haven't heard their other albums. They definitely have that more brutal Chicago DM tone like Broken Hope and Fleshgrind, but they have a better sense of atmosphere and songwriting IMO. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I didn't think Solstice of Oppression was slammy at all, but I haven't heard their other albums. They definitely have that more brutal Chicago DM tone like Broken Hope and Fleshgrind, but they have a better sense of atmosphere and songwriting IMO. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Ah, I was talking about Afterbirth!

Ah' date=' I was talking about Afterbirth![/quote'] Ah, that makes sense. They were kind of slam death metal before there was slam, it's a bit less groovy and more riffy than most bands that do it, which makes their sound easier for me to digest. The vocals took some getting used to, as I'm not super keen on that style either. I'll keep you informed on their new stuff, knowing Cody now, it might be more your speed. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

• 4 years later...