Anger Thread!

RelentlessOblivion

Re: The Rant

Ranting: I find christmas more loathsome each year. I hate the music' date=' the decorations and the fact that retailers seem to be advertising for it earlier and earlier each year. Heaven forbid we celebrate each holiday during their own month without the next holiday making an appearance before the priors date of celebration. Perhaps that is my biggest complaint with said holiday. I can't be sure however. I've hated this holiday since about high school and my malice has only gotten worse with each passing year.[/quote'] I'm an agnostic Satanist/Luciferian, and I love Christmas. :D Don't forget that it was an originally Pagan holiday. And you don't have to take part in the mainstream celebration - do it your own way. Edit: I know you said this a while ago, but I just now saw it.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10/10 Lets hate Expensive things ;D Ranting about the people who calling metalheads depressed and Emos and gays and so on Why do they do that? i mean, What do they know? A friend of mine said that..I belive Black Sabbath..Was Death metal...I was like wtf. They Judge us metalheads to damn quick...
8/10, They do that because they are insecure with themselves. Or they feel they have a right to because of so called "societal norms". They have nothing better to do so they put others down. I'm pissed because my stupid sister flaked on me two days in a row! We were supposed to go for walks yesterday and today but she just went home early instead. I wish I could do that at my job whenever I wanted. :!:

Re: The Rant 7/10 my rant is similar...I'm sick of these people who manipulate my kind-hearted mother to their own self-centered ends. They're too blasted lazy to sort things out for themselves so they heap all of this admin rubbish on her.

Re: The Rant 6/10 I don't like unreliable tech but my Dell works just fine. As a matter of fact, all of the computers my family owns are Dell and they work pretty well, especially the desktop. They're only a problem when they're hit by a virus.

Fair enough. I'm more into the idea of a pagan solstice celebration' date=' myself. But I've always had a soft spot for Christmas Carols. The religious content doesn't bother me at all.[/quote'] Ironically, this works fine because Christ apparently wasn't born on Christmas. Still though, why not make the most of it? I doubt the Lord would get cranky because we chose to honor him at the wrong time of the year. But yes, Christmas carols are by far the best music that this season hath produced. I've learned What Child Is This, Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence and part of Carol Of The Bells. Very fun on an overdriven guitar. Anyhow, rant time: the case concerning Ron Paul's involvement in some controversial letters is complete trash. It's nothing more than the basest variety of muckracking, that which depends on false premises, quotes taken out of context, and outright lying. I'm pleased that the New Republic provided scans of the articles they were citing, but their conclusions are just ludicrous.

Re: The Rant 0/10, Happiness is bullshit!!! Our freight from Denver arrived late again. I kept tracking it throughout the morning, and the incompetent fucks couldn't even give me a good ETA. First they say we won't get it today, then they tell my customer that sent it to us that it was on it's way at that moment, a half hour later they told me I should see them any second, and finally another half hour later they arrived. I'm not sure how or why this seems to always happen when the shipment is larger and/or there are priority orders that need to be delivered, but the least they could do is tell me when the fuck it will be here. Also, their excuse was that they were delayed due to "holiday issues". What the fuck is that? I can't even begin to think how many customers I would lose if I handled delays this way, it's just pathetic.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: The Rant 8/10, I LOVE that the holidays are OVER! Rant: I'm really getting annoyed with people born from 1990 onward saying "Really?" after I tell them something they don't want to hear. I've never done that to ANYONE in a professional setting. The fact that these children do it shows an utter lack of respect and that they are of the entitled generation. Nothing worse then a self-entitled fucktard. I'm not here for kicks, I'm here to do a job, not fuck with you. I'm not your friend, I'm not here to tell you what you want to hear, I'm here to tell you what you need to know. Man up and move on.

Re: The Rant I dont know how to rate that...Im born 1996, and i dont belive i say so ;o; Ranting S.O.P.A and P.I.P.A, seems very wierd that they want to censur something that's been alive long before their time, and they got some of the worlds biggests sites on them

8/10 for Ranothin, SOPA and PIPA are fucking ludicrous. You don't sound very happy today, NTNR. Ranting about politicians on BOTH sides of the spectrum being fucktards (with a couple of exceptions perhaps) not looking to help the people but to advance their own agendas.
I wasn't, lol. I hate repeating myself when on the job. Huge pet-peeve, especially when I have to do it 50 X with same person. The day has gotten a little better.

Ranting about politicians on BOTH sides of the spectrum being fucktards (with a couple of exceptions perhaps) not looking to help the people but to advance their own agendas.
And Mitt Romney looks set to win the Republican nomination. Great. He's boring and gives mixed messages. At least Paul was second in the New Hampshire primary...
8/10, I LOVE that the holidays are OVER! Rant: I'm really getting annoyed with people born from 1990 onward saying "Really?" after I tell them something they don't want to hear. I've never done that to ANYONE in a professional setting. The fact that these children do it shows an utter lack of respect and that they are of the entitled generation. Nothing worse then a self-entitled fucktard. I'm not here for kicks, I'm here to do a job, not fuck with you. I'm not your friend, I'm not here to tell you what you want to hear, I'm here to tell you what you need to know. Man up and move on.
Really? avatar_6feb8634e3d0_128.png Seriously, though, what do you mean? It's hard to get your tone across the Internet so I don't know what kind of inflection you're trying to mimic.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: The Rant 7/10 it is a pity not to have enough free time. The behavior of pro-abortion activists at my school today has been absolutely disgraceful. Many people have gone to the trouble of scuffing some of the pro-life signs so that they can no longer be read. The sad thing is, when a highly left-wing group did a 'legalize cannabis' drive, no one erased their signs. When they had 'Occupy Albuquerque' no one took down their advertisement. But God forbid a right-wing group should actually be allowed to express its opinion. No, they must be carted off to the pillories of conniving activism (which masquerades as public opinion whilst striving to override it) to be made an example of, to teach people that in an 'egalitarian', 'pragmatic' and 'reasonable' democracy, only certain kinds of free speech are allowed. I seem to remember the First Amendment of the US Constitution being specifically drafted to prevent this kind of dictatorial social engineering. Whether you are pro-life or pro-choice is irrelevant - neither camp should find itself guilty of such childish conduct.

Re: The Rant 10/10 it's the minority in groups on both sides of the fence that act that way and destroy the credibility of the group as a whole ranting about how incredibly disappointing it is that so many metal bands take a default anti-religious tone in their lyrics, I'm not religious or anything but honestly writing lyrics which oppose religion for the sake of it is just lazy songwriting. metal is meant to be more about writing lyrics that actually mean something to the writer, not going with the crowd because it seems to be the in thing

Re: The Rant 10/10 for you too. I belong to so many groups that are easily and commonly stigmatized. White male Christian libertarian capitalist... I check all the bad boxes. I think this song captures that feeling of irritation with nitwits on either side who make it difficult to have a proper discussion perfectly. 7ntA8-cRhJg And I entirely agree with your statement on the anti-religion sentiment. Nevermore are at least interesting in the way they support atheism. However, I'm glad someone is saying anti-clericalism is unoriginal, I agree. It's no longer anti-establishment. Irreligion is probably the way of the future whether we like it or not, so they'll have to come up with something more intelligent. I'm tired of anti-right wing sentiment. Many of those who oppose the right wing have generally done a pretty good job of making the right wing look foolish to the untrained eye, through a combination of very shallow, vacuous logic and a spectacular level of self-confidence. They won't argue with you, they'll shout you down and poke fun at you. For some reason they refuse to debate even though they are confident that they're right. There's very little in this world more annoying than when someone dumber than you calls you stupid and everyone sides with them.

Re: The Rant again 10/10 I enjoy a good political debate with rational arguments that consider the pros and cons of political philosophy so I hate people who argue that either the left or right wing are wrong simply because they are wrong. For example I strongly disagree with a policy the federal Australian government passed introducing a carbon tax, the discussion around it was so boring though it was all about how it wouldn't do anything but no discussion of why. I don't like it because it will result in power companies increasing their rates, which in turn will lead to increase in electricity bills for families, and an increased cost of production for businesses which rely on electricity, for example the production of parts for vehicles, which in turn will lead to Australian goods being unable to effectively compete against cheaper foreign goods, on top of which it doesn't actively encourage research into renewable energy sources such as solar power. On top of this even by the governments own figures the decreased carbon usage will be almost insignificant. which leads to my rant: governments passing environmental legislation to punish rather then encourage. I fail to understand how saying "we will make you pay a tax for your carbon usage so stop using carbon" is effective, I feel that legislation which encourages ingenuity is a far better option, governments should be saying "we understand it is difficult to develop effective technology to take advantage of renewable energy sources so we will provide funding to assist in this area". honestly governments should look carefully at all their options in regards to environmental law not just see "carbon tax" and think yeah we'll do that

Re: The Rant 9/10 agreed. I'm not quite as fascinated by environmental legislation as I am by other political issues (international relations/political science major here). I follow your line of reasoning readily and I agree. Good to see another free trade advocate! Some people seem quite clueless. "We need to protect small businesses. Buy local." I won't ruddy well buy local if the shop in my hometown sells $10 Lego sets for TWENTY-TWO BUCKS. That's absolutely ludicrous. I like Jon Stewart here in the US. He's a bit prejudiced but he conducts himself well during interviews, and he respects libertarians. Anyhow, ranting about the rising popularity of elitism. It is remarkable how many people actively want certain parts of society silenced because they deem these people unfit for civil liberties. It smacks of dictatorship and yet we have hate crime legislation. This has got to be, in principle alone, one of the stupidest sets of laws ever written. We're actually going to punish a crime more severely due to the motive behind it? How does that make sense in the least unless you're trying to use the government to enact social change, which it's NOT SUPPOSED TO DO? Hate speech laws are even worse. These are a bald-faced attack on free speech, yet some publics seem perfectly fine with it. Plus we have the myriad 'interpretations' of the First Amendment which are more often used to limit free speech than to defend it. Oliver Wendell Holmes and his borderline eugenic views are now perceived as egalitarian instead of repugnant. I'll now quote Star Wars: 'And so democracy dies...with thunderous applause.' - Padme Amidala

Re: The Rant 10/10 even if I don't agree with some one's view, and I've strongly disagreed with some people's views on immigration and such matters, I firmly believe they are entitled to speak their mind ranting about the stupidity of over half the voting population in Australia (by the way it is actually illegal not to vote in Australia once you are registered at the age of eighteen) allowing their feelings towards the leaders of the two major parties here to dictate their vote and not the parties policy. As a result of this Australia's "elected" federal government is completely powerless because a minority party has the vast majority of seats in BOTH houses of parliament (yep we're a bi-cameral system) so the current government, was responsible for some terrible pieces of legislation when they could actually pass it, has to bend over backwards just to keep the country running, personally I don't like the leaders of the parties but that's not relevant, it's the policy that matters, I simply do not understand how a party hell bent on mass political reforms and serious alterations of freedom for the sake of the environment could recieve so many votes just to spite the major parties

I simply do not understand how a party hell bent on mass political reforms and serious alterations of freedom for the sake of the environment could recieve so many votes just to spite the major parties
Ferngully. That's how. Seriously though, I think it's great that you must vote in Australia, it ensures that people are invested in their country's future...but what your describing sounds exactly like the downside I'd expect, lots of lazy numptys shuffling over to the ballot box and voting for whichever candidate has more likes on their Facebook page or was on the Colbert Report for five minutes or some rubbish. You're also lucky enough to get open ballot measures. Here we've got the electoral college, whose purpose is to make sure that less populous districts get their grievances aired. Unfortunately since it operates on a winner-take-all system, we've got these two monolithic parties with a strict party line. At least with a parliamentary system you get a bit more variety. So about 8/10 for that. I'm irritated that people try to criticize all 'religion' based on the faults of one. For example, claiming that some part of the Bible doesn't make sense and then cross-applying it to 'religion' is simply unfair. Buddhism ducks many of the stereotypes about 'religion'. Of course, it's generally just assumed that it's supposed to be anti-Christian. To be honest, though, the anti-Muslim sentiment around is disappointing. The only religion these self-appointed theologians don't seem to mind are new age theologies based on a combination of Communism, Hindism and good nutrition.