Anger Thread!

RelentlessOblivion

Re: The Rant Growing up in the mecca of mormonism and missionaries, I can tell you that they wouldn't get that at all. They are the stupidest fucking people in the world. My psychology teacher told me that they are also the easiest people to brainwash since they've been subjected to brainwashing their entire lives.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Rant I spent my entire education in the catholic school system, and got a saturday detention in grade ten when asked to submit a paper on what religion meant to me, apparently they weren't thinking along the lines of "religion is a cult designed to prey upon the desperate and the ignorant", but hey what do they expect when their teachings don't make any sense, honestly following the tenets of faith means attempting to deny the very things which make us human. (I figure here I really don't need to be careful about what I say, but I'm very open with my criticisms of religion anyway)

Re: The Rant I'm pretty sure that I won't get a good rating for this, but who cares... I'm really sick of people who are idiotic enough to reject a religion based solely on the behavior of its followers. That makes no logical sense whatsoever (it is in fact a fallacy - a red herring), it's completely unfair (it's also a straw man), and represents a spectacular amount of laziness and intellectual arrogance (in the form of a hasty generalization) on their part. Also sick of smart aleck anti-clerical critics who fancy themselves intellectuals when they're as dense as a slab of ham. It's just that many other people are dense as a slab of iron, so the pseudo-critic looks absolutely brilliant by comparison.

Re: The Rant 10/10 for that, i Agreewith what you wrote Im annoyed by people who say that Metal is Unmature, and its no rewally music, well then wtf is Techno? Anyway, metal artists and bands(The most) Play becuse its fun, and not for money, Also, i prob won't get a good rating fror this,

Re: The Rant 8/10 I hate how metal is viewed as an invalid form of music when metal musicians actually need to play intruments unlike all these pop artists nowadays. ranting about metal bands that make albums aimed at commercial success. Metal is not a mainstream genre so why try to make mainstream albums? if anything bands should try to get heavier over time.

Re: The Rant just read what Iceni wrote on the last page, you know I think it may be a dig at us (if that makes no sense it must be an Australian expression) so I'll respond by saying to Iceni I gave religion a fair chance and it's not so much the teachings I disagree with as the methods, I'm sorry but threatening me with "eternal damnation" unless I follow the bible to the letter just doesn't sit right with the idea of a supposedly loving, forgiving and understanding "God". the ironic thing about the ideal christian world, one free of violence and hatred, is that it may only be possible without the existance of religion. (I highly doubt this is actually going to clear things up but oh well) ranting about the public transport in my home town, my state's government just bought 100 new buses, and during weekdays there is supposed to be a bus on each designated run leaving every fifteen minutes, but it seems all the new buses have managed to do is add to already lengthy delays, coupled with the fact that I have yet to meet a taxi driver who actually knows where they are meant to be going and South Australia's public transport system must be among one of the worst on the planet

Re: The Rant 8/10 - do taxi drivers ever know where they're going? the ones in Manchester never seem to... Ranting because there are far too many Christmas lights up already and it is still far too early to be making your house resemble an exploding star by covering it in cheap tat (actually, it's probably stupidly expensive tat, let alone the cost of the electricity) and confusing all the poor birds with the light pollution. Also, on the topic of pollution, I wonder how much CO2 is going into the atmosphere as a result of all the extra electricity used to power these eyesores?

Re: The Rant 9/10 if only there was a way to make christmas metal in some way ranting about how long it's taking for flinders university to inform me of my second semmester results. I finished my exams nearly a month ago and still nothing, honestly how long does it take to calculate final results anyway, I hate things that take more time then they should

Re: The Rant 9/10. I don't miss that about school at all! I always hated waiting for my results, especially when the schools took their sweet time. Ranting: I find christmas more loathsome each year. I hate the music, the decorations and the fact that retailers seem to be advertising for it earlier and earlier each year. Heaven forbid we celebrate each holiday during their own month without the next holiday making an appearance before the priors date of celebration. Perhaps that is my biggest complaint with said holiday. I can't be sure however. I've hated this holiday since about high school and my malice has only gotten worse with each passing year.

Re: The Rant 10/10 the only holiday worth celebrating is halloween because it is by far the most metal holiday ever ranting about the complete lack of metal radio stations in South Australa, really is it that hard to get metal played on the radio, we used to get 3 hours of metal radio every tuesday night but thats been stopped for reasons unknown, and the radio stations that accept requets won't accept anything that isn't by the latest abomination produced by the world of pop music, I probably wouldn't make such a big deal out of this if it weren't for the fact that other states do have all metal radio stations, why does my state always have to miss out?

Re: The Rant 10/10, stop listening to the radio. The lack of Metal on the airwaves was one of the reasons I stopped listening to the radio years ago. Rant: I'm too tired for my own good. My dog is a disgrace to the Labrador breed, specifically in that he can't tolerate cold weather. He's got energy for days, loves to fetch, has excellent site and hearing yet unlike his brothers he gets cold very fast. My family's last lab, a golden bastard named Bourbon LOVED the cold. We take him for walks down by the river in winter time, snow a foot high, and he'd be in the steaming river the entire time panting. My current pup sleeps in bed with my wife and I and has a habit of taking up more space then he needs. I'm not sure how he does it but he has found a way to manipulate gravity. I'm going to buy him a sweater.

Re: The Rant 10/10 just pictured a dog in a sweater and started to lol ranting about my dog, it's a black lab and it is totally insane, I take him for walks and he chases after anything that moves, when I throw his frisbee he'll get it, bring it back, and then growl if you try to take it off him, and if you do take it from him he'll jump up and grab it again, he's nuts, which is very metal

Re: The Rant 9/10, I know that situation all too well! My lab, who is also black, does the same thing. Except he does victory laps around the couch, house, whatever after he's retrieved his toy. He doesn't know how to drop the damned thing and it makes playing with him annoying at times. Rant: Why are all labs apparently retarded? I love them, most of the dogs I've had over the years have been labs, but holy shit! They're either lazier then a union worker or more hyper than a crack fiend! There is NO happy medium with labs. :!:

Re: The Rant

9/10. I don't miss that about school at all! I always hated waiting for my results, especially when the schools took their sweet time. Ranting: I find christmas more loathsome each year. I hate the music, the decorations and the fact that retailers seem to be advertising for it earlier and earlier each year. Heaven forbid we celebrate each holiday during their own month without the next holiday making an appearance before the priors date of celebration. Perhaps that is my biggest complaint with said holiday.
7/10 Christmas isn't inherently bad. However, it has been immensely commercialized. Apparently this year advertisers just decided not to acknowledge Thanksgiving altogether. God forbid we should reflect on what we're thankful for...time to buy more stuff! I'm tired of the delegation of personal responsibility. No one wants to accept the concept that they are responsible for their own problems. They always want to blame someone else. This concept encompasses anyone from the gangster who says that poverty justifies his drug dealing and freeloading, all the way to heads of state in Syria and Iran, who always blame political unrest and economic instability on 'the West'. It's always something different...poverty, race, sexual orientation, 'the system' being flawed, the 'culture' being unhealthy...it seems incredibly difficult for some people to accept that their misfortune may in fact be their fault.

Re: The Rant 10/10 I despise people who blame others for their problems ranting about anti-smoking ads, we get it smoking is bad, do you really need to play an ad showing what smoking does to ones internal organs when I'm eating my lunch? if people want to mess up their bodies by smoking just let them, don't try to gross people into stopping just because you think you know better

10/10 I despise people who blame others for their problems ranting about anti-smoking ads, we get it smoking is bad, do you really need to play an ad showing what smoking does to ones internal organs when I'm eating my lunch? if people want to mess up their bodies by smoking just let them, don't try to gross people into stopping just because you think you know better
6/10 do you really need to watch? Most likely we wouldn't understand that smoking was bad unless we saw these ads in the first place. We'd just see that it was a natural extension of the ego, and we could well be wheezing cancerous bags by age 45. By the way, this is what happens when smoking isn't a crime. I'm irritated that the right-wing is stigmatized to such an extent that it is no longer seen as credible. By the same token it is annoying that no one has bothered to make a more credible right-wing news station - a libertarian station would be nice. If the left wing doesn't watch it I'm going to become an insurgent... :roll:

Re: The Rant alcohol consumption is also bad for ones health, should that be made a criminal offence as well? 4/10 for your rant, I couldn't care less about the difference between left and right wing media ranting about the fact that people claim certain things as rights, for example people claim they have a "right" to own a car, or they have a "right" to consume alcohol once they reach legal age (which is 18 in Australia). these are not rights or entitlements. In fact Australians only have three actual rights enshrined in our constitution, we have the right to freedom from religious persecution, the right to vote in a free and democratic manner and the right to "just" compensation if the federal government wishes to compulsorily acquire land. is it really so difficult to understand the difference between a privilege and a right?

Re: The Rant 8/10 a culture of entitlement is very damaging. I agree. Just so we're clear, smoking is legal. So is alcohol. The ads tell you not to smoke. We also have ads telling you to drink responsibly. I'm annoyed that Americans are so quick to be self-deprecating. Just because you've got national pride doesn't mean you're a redneck. I see recordings of metalheads at Wacken with flags from all over...Brazil, Jordan, France, Germany, Romania, Poland, Sweden...not a single American flag flying. Why are these guys so enthusiastic while some Americans pretend to be Canadian because they're too ashamed of their lineage? Seriously, we don't all look like this. cleveland-show-s2e6-fat-wet-07-550x309.jpg

Re: The Rant 10/10 I get the notion of national pride, Australians are very proud of our nation ranting about how manic depressive the news is, there never seems to be anything upbeat and happy on the news its all doom and gloom all the time. how about running a story on something that will actually make people less depressed about the state of affairs in what we call our lives? we get it, there's a virtually pointless war going on, the world economy is going down the crapper etc so in amongst all that "the world is fucked" talk how about some "everything will be ok" talk?

8/10 a culture of entitlement is very damaging. I agree. Just so we're clear, smoking is legal. So is alcohol. The ads tell you not to smoke. We also have ads telling you to drink responsibly. I'm annoyed that Americans are so quick to be self-deprecating. Just because you've got national pride doesn't mean you're a redneck. I see recordings of metalheads at Wacken with flags from all over...Brazil, Jordan, France, Germany, Romania, Poland, Sweden...not a single American flag flying. Why are these guys so enthusiastic while some Americans pretend to be Canadian because they're too ashamed of their lineage? Seriously, we don't all look like this. cleveland-show-s2e6-fat-wet-07-550x309.jpg
10/10 Its very sad how we view ourselves. Rant: It's not Friday! WTF!?

Re: The Rant 0/10 it's now Saturday ranting about the weather. today's forecast was for 31 degrees celsius and clear skies, it wasn't, instead South Australia got 20 degrees celsius with constant rain and strong winds. How on earth can the weather forecast be that wrong? that's a difference of 11 degrees in the temperature and entirely different conditions to what was forecast. (those temperatures are 87 and 68 degrees fahrenheit by the way)

Re: The Rant 8/10 you are right. Funny, there was something on Mock The Week: "We're almost ready for the 'Worst Weatherman In The World' Awards, but first, let's meet our 9,000 nominees!" This is driving me nuts: 11988154.jpg It's right on the money. Ask someone "What do you listen to?" and they almost invariably say "Everything..." Of course, what they really mean is "I listen to everything EXCEPT metal." :evil: In which case we get these idiots: 11929173.jpg These people have probably never heard a single doom, gothic, folk, power, tech-death or prog metal band. Yet they think 'death metal' encapsulates everything outside metalcore, thrash, and heavy metal. We really need a Metal Awareness Day... (Now, there are some people who actually do listen to everything, but usually they can justify it; for example, my dad listens to South African traditional and colonial music, reggae, the Red Elvises and Dire Straits. At least he can tell you why he likes all of this).

• 2 weeks later...

Re: The Rant 9/10, those who say EVERYTHING usually mean pop, therefore they should say NOTHING and save themselves the time. I just found a dozen or more albums I really want through Czech label Epidemie Records which is good, except they want 11 pounds for every one of the albums. That's $17!!!!! The fuck! They're also exclusively releasing the latest Mistress of the Dead album! Fuck!

Re: The Rant 10/10 Lets hate Expensive things ;D Ranting about the people who calling metalheads depressed and Emos and gays and so on Why do they do that? i mean, What do they know? A friend of mine said that..I belive Black Sabbath..Was Death metal...I was like wtf. They Judge us metalheads to damn quick...