Anger Thread!

RelentlessOblivion

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonsils. Fuck tonsils. Mysterious, annoying little gobbets of flesh whose only apparent purpose is to become inflamed, providing days or weeks of misery to those unfortunate enough to possess them, delaying vocal recordings and making eating into a horrible chore. Screw you, tonsils. I'd be rid of you in a minute if I could. Wretched little things. Even playing hockey with them isn't as much fun as it used to be.

People. Why can't they listen? What part of "please do not touch the dog he is working at the moment" is not getting through? Honestly you would think the harness would be a dead give away that he's a guide dog and should be left to his work but apparently this is not the case. To top it off said person then gets offended when I ask them again to stop as if I'm the one doing something they shouldn't.

@Fatheralabaster - I hear you. They are a pointless thing. @Murph - people are very stupid. I've always heeded requests to not touch working beasts. They have a purpose and it's best to leave them alone. Some people just refuse to let common sense enter into the equation.

It's not such a big deal when I'm just standing around waiting for the bus or on the bus for that matter. But when I'm actually walking somewhere and people stop me to ask if they can pat the dog (or worse still just stop me and don't bother asking) it's pretty annoying. Especially when I'm in a hurry.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a child. I'm 23 for fuck sake. I don't expect to be treated as if I'm a stupid kid who doesn't know what they're doing. I'm well used to cycling by now and know more or less what I'm doing in training. So when I mention that I've had to cut a training session short due to a possible injury I don't need to be talked down to like a child who doesn't understand why they can't have a cookie. If this person were here in person and not just on facebook I might just punch him in the mouth.

What? Are you going to tell me that being treated like a petulant child for something which is plain and straightforward would not anger you? It greatly angered me and I had to bite my tongue (Figuratively) lest I say something which may end a friendship.
Here is what I had typed before the server crapped out on me earlier: Leaving the (good-natured) jokes aside for a minute, punching people in the face because they made you mad is childish. But I'm willing to bet you wouldn't have actually done that, and you know I was just joking around. One of the things I hate about "social media" is how much they've blurred the line between private and public. Instead of getting mad, maybe talking it out, and getting over it, we're given a platform to run our mouths without taking the time to think anything through, and then those words are on public display and you can't get rid of them; this makes it a lot easier to say things you don't really mean, and it makes it a lot harder to take them back. So shallow sarcasm, detachment, and one-upsmanship are rewarded, sincerity is often punished, and real correspondence or human connection often falls by the wayside. And it's easy to become the aggressor. I've left other forums because I don't dig on that shit. I feel ok joking around with you all here because we don't seem to play by those rules, but where it stops being good-natured is where I try to draw the line. This could turn into my own rant of the day... :)

Re: The Rant

Here is what I had typed before the server crapped out on me earlier: Leaving the (good-natured) jokes aside for a minute, punching people in the face because they made you mad is childish. But I'm willing to bet you wouldn't have actually done that, and you know I was just joking around. One of the things I hate about "social media" is how much they've blurred the line between private and public. Instead of getting mad, maybe talking it out, and getting over it, we're given a platform to run our mouths without taking the time to think anything through, and then those words are on public display and you can't get rid of them; this makes it a lot easier to say things you don't really mean, and it makes it a lot harder to take them back. So shallow sarcasm, detachment, and one-upsmanship are rewarded, sincerity is often punished, and real correspondence or human connection often falls by the wayside. And it's easy to become the aggressor. I've left other forums because I don't dig on that shit. I feel ok joking around with you all here because we don't seem to play by those rules, but where it stops being good-natured is where I try to draw the line. This could turn into my own rant of the day... :)
Our communication has certainly devolved, ironically because it has become easier to do so. Everything becomes more shallow as it becomes more accessible, which is one of the biggest reasons why I feel so alienated from the modern world. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Our communication has certainly devolved, ironically because it has become easier to do so. Everything becomes more shallow as it becomes more accessible, which is one of the biggest reasons why I feel so alienated from the modern world. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
It does feel like irony; but there are more opportunities than ever now for people to be rejected or publicly shamed by their peers, and status is so keenly felt in our culture. Not really sure whether all of the horrendously distorted celebrity worship we see going on is a cause or a symptom, or what, but it's part of the stew. Eh. Finally I'm in the right thread! Yay.

Why is it that people always talk shit on bands for being simple, but if it's something they like then it's just referred to as "stripped-down"? Lame. I'm also bugged about all the local bands that say "support the underground" in conjunction with their album advertisements. So buying your album means supporting the underground, but I barely see any of you at local shows??? I would call bullshit, but I only care enough to rant about it here. So now I'm moving on!

Re: The Rant

Why is it that people always talk shit on bands for being simple' date=' but if it's something they like then it's just referred to as "stripped-down"? Lame. I'm also bugged about all the local bands that say "support the underground" in conjunction with their album advertisements. So buying your album means supporting the underground, but I barely see any of you at local shows??? I would call bullshit, but I only care enough to rant about it here. So now I'm moving on![/quote'] Songwriting is all important, whether achieved through simplicity or through complexity. Writers should pour themselves into their music, how complex or simple it is should vary and come naturally, as a consequence of what the song needs. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm really not understanding all the Maryland Deathfest hate. I get it, they have hardcore bands and the death metal bands aren't all trve kvlt-approved... but wasn't it like that every year?? I mean people make it sound like the lineups on prior years were just filled to the brim with bands they wanted to see, but with how picky all these people seem to be with their music, I really doubt that every band was up to their "standards". It's just one more thing for people to talk shit on...

I'm really not understanding all the Maryland Deathfest hate. I get it' date=' they have hardcore bands and the death metal bands aren't all trve kvlt-approved... but wasn't it like that every year?? I mean people make it sound like the lineups on prior years were just filled to the brim with bands they wanted to see, but with how picky all these people seem to be with their music, I really doubt that every band was up to their "standards". It's just one more thing for people to talk shit on...[/quote'] Who's hating on MDF? Honestly, hardcore is such a big part of the extreme music scene up here, it's just not an issue. And I've been seeing a lot more mixed bills in the past few years - grind, hardcore, black metal, death metal, post-punk... I'd rather see that, than be subjected to fifteen bands in a row that do the same fucking thing. There was a lot more bias against anything with hardcore influence when I was living in NC... It sounds like a regional thing to me. Shitty either way.

Who's hating on MDF? Honestly' date=' hardcore is such a big part of the extreme music scene up here, it's just not an issue. And I've been seeing a lot more mixed bills in the past few years - grind, hardcore, black metal, death metal, post-punk... I'd rather see that, than be subjected to fifteen bands in a row that do the same fucking thing. There was a lot more bias against anything with hardcore influence when I was living in NC... It sounds like a regional thing to me. Shitty either way.[/quote'] I also like diversity in shows, especially if you have more than 2 or 3 bands! Reminds me of when BAN and I were at the Vektor/Warbringer/Witchaven show in California last year (the night after Bolt Thrower/Autopsy/Benediction), I think they had 8 bands and all the local openers literally sounded the same. I can only stand so much of the same thing, especially with thrash. It was actually hard to sit through the whole thing to see the main acts! As for the MDF hate, just take a look at their Facebook page... it goes WAY beyond the expected levels of trolling. Trolling in itself doesn't bug me too much, but these people are ridiculous and even some of my friends who have attended the fest multiple times in the past are saying things like "RIP MDF"... actually, after my initial rant here I asked my friend about the "RIP" comment. She mostly had issues with the cost and venue, intially stated that the lineup didn't interest her but later said if it didn't cost so much she would probably go. I understand that it's easy to get caught up in the shitstorm, but saying "RIP MDF" seemed like a bit much! Oh well.

I see! I'm off Facebook' date=' so I'm out of the loop. Ah well. Fuck 'em. Sometimes I wish comment sections didn't exist.[/quote'] Seriously, comments sections killed sarcasm. It's so far past the point of being funny anymore. Trolling can be epic in its ability to show the ridiculousness of many subjects, but people seem to use it in an attempt to validate their own insignificance and blatant idiocy. "It's all for the lulz" and anyone who calls them out is "taking themselves too seriously". Okay, maybe the world needs to lighten up a bit, but did you ever think that maybe you're just acting like a child??? FUCK if only I had the time to waste on trolling the trolls...

Seriously' date=' comments sections killed sarcasm. It's so far past the point of being funny anymore. Trolling can be epic in its ability to show the ridiculousness of many subjects, but people seem to use it in an attempt to validate their own insignificance and blatant idiocy. "It's all for the lulz" and anyone who calls them out is "taking themselves too seriously". Okay, maybe the world needs to lighten up a bit, but did you ever think that maybe you're just acting like a child??? FUCK if only I had the time to waste on trolling the trolls...[/quote'] Simply reading through the comments is enough of a waste of time! I've been tempted to comment on some of the metal "news" sites but I just can't bring myself to wade into that puddle of shit. I'd much rather talk with you folks...:D