BestBlackMetalAlbums.com

BBMA

Hello, I would like to present our website: http://www.bestblackmetalalbums.com/ While the albums featured are predominantly Black Metal, there are a couple of things I should point out. Firstly, there are some albums that don't exactly fall within the Black Metal genre, but have been included for the sake of... basically... not excluding them. Some examples would be non-Black Metal albums by Celtic Frost, Behemoth, or even albums with only slight Black Metal influences such as those by Nortt, Vintersorg or Destruction. Also included are many Pagan/Folk metal bands with some Black Metal influences. For the sake of completion we have also included all albums by Satyricon, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle Of Filth, etc... no matter how much some of them stray from Black Metal or otherwise simply "suck". Secondly, for the sake of simplicity and clarity we have categorized our entire album database within only 9 distinct styles (or a combination of 2 of them). These are Second Wave, Old School, Ambient, Pagan, Industrial, Epic, Death, Thrash and Experimental. It should be noted that this categorization is NOT an accurate representation of each album's specific subgenre, but rather a simple tool for assisting in the identification of each album's general style. So please, avoid the elitist genre-label-flaming! Some of our features include our Top 100 list, a Random Album tool, album previews that link directly to our YouTube channel, filters by country, year and style, band biographies, and also a comment/user rating system that doesn't require registration. To get started check out our Top 100 list: http://www.bestblackmetalalbums.com/top ... albums.php Bear in mind we have only recently launched the site, so not all albums have reviews yet! Enjoy, all feedback is welcome!

Re: BestBlackMetalAlbums.com Its a decent list so far though I would've shaved shitty Enslaved off along with boring Immortal, I do admit it's hard for me to take a list seriously with Under the sign of hell and De mysteriis Dom Sathanas so far down on the list- and what's with Osulum Inflame beating out Transilvanian Hunger? LOL.

Re: BestBlackMetalAlbums.com

Its a decent list so far though I would've shaved shitty Enslaved off along with boring Immortal' date=' I do admit it's hard for me to take a list seriously with Under the sign of hell and De mysteriis Dom Sathanas so far down on the list- and what's with Osulum Inflame beating out Transilvanian Hunger? LOL.[/quote'] Hmm. At the moment, all albums with the same score appear in an undefined order, we didn't expect anyone to judge Osculum Infame's Dor-Nu-Fauglith "beating out" Darkthrone's Transilvanian Hunger based upon one appearing one position before the other in the list, even though they both share the same score. However, we will revise the positioning to prevent any possible future "LOL"s and also hope that albums appearing in the 13th and 29th positions are not considered by anyone to be "so far down on the list" out of a database consisting of more than 1800 albums. As for "shitty" Enslaved's Vikingligr Veldi and "boring" Immortal's At The Heart Of Winter and Sons Of Northern Darkness appearing on the list, this is due to the fact that this list represents our Top 100, not yours. Thankyou for your "constructive" criticism. We do hope that after some modifications your greatness will finally take us seriously.

Re: BestBlackMetalAlbums.com Then you must be posting in forums where a lot of noobs are mixing shit albums with quality pieces of black metal history. Who even puts the option of making stuff like WITTR'S latest material and Abigail Williams in the mix with actual bm bands? And how exactly is the list "yours" when you merely selected the albums to be apportioned for voting and thats all? Kind of hard to argue with anyone that has shit bands like Abigayl Williams to even remotely be considered with some of the giant bands on that list.

Then you must be posting in forums where a lot of noobs are mixing shit albums with quality pieces of black metal history. Who even puts the option of making stuff like WITTR'S latest material and Abigail Williams in the mix with actual bm bands? And how exactly is the list "yours" when you merely selected the albums to be apportioned for voting and thats all? Kind of hard to argue with anyone that has shit bands like Abigayl Williams to even remotely be considered with some of the giant bands on that list.
We are not ranking bands, we are ranking albums, and I can assure you there are no "shit" albums on our Top 100 list, and even though Abigail Williams is in fact a shit band, their last album before splitting up, "Becoming", is not a shit album, and I strongly suggest you check it out and keep an open mind while doing so. We also shared your same point of view regarding this band until being strongly recommended to check out "Becoming" ourselves. After many "LOL NO DATS SHIT" and "GAY BAND LOL" comments on our behalf, we finally conceded and gave it a shot. It was a very pleasant surprise because it is played in a totally different style compared to their previous garbage, and it's rating perfectly reflects just how impressed we were with the whole thing. As for Abigail Williams' other works, you can clearly see our distaste for their other albums which, as has been stated in the original post, we have included in our database purely for the sake of completion: http://www.bestblackmetalalbums.com/bes ... albums.php Abigail Williams' "In The Absence Of Light" is in fact the fourth-lowest scoring album in our entire database, which now contains 1977 albums. In a similar fashion, their other album, "In The Shadow Of A Thousand Suns", is the 23rd lowest scoring album in our database. I hope this fact alone is enough to convince you that we judge individual albums, and not bands (although to be honest we took great pleasure in giving their first two albums such a low score!) Unfortunately we haven't got round to writing a review for any of their albums, but you can observe further evidence for our disliking of their earlier material by reading our news post about their announced disbanding: http://www.bestblackmetalalbums.com/abi ... _a_day.php "While we normally wouldn't give a fuck about such a mediocre musical endeavor as Abigail Williams, the truth is that their last album, released on the 24th of January this year and titled Becoming, was actually pretty good and very different from anything the band had done before. " As for Wolves In The Throne Room, that's a matter of taste I guess... although I am curious as to why you say "WITTR's latest material" when only their first album appears on our Top 100 list. Lastly and, judging by the degree of your misunderstanding or misinterpretation of exactly how our website works, most importantly, user ratings have absolutely no influence upon the score or ranking of the albums. The user rating system is simply a mechanism for users to express their own opinion about each individual album. Each album's score is decided exclusively by us and us alone, and therefore the list IS a correct representation of OUR favourite albums. We most certainly did not just "select the albums to be apportioned for voting and that's all"... If you are confused or even offended by encountering a Top 100 list that isn't exclusively composed of second-wave Norwegian classic black metal albums, then we can safely arrive at the conclusion that you should avoid our website at all costs, and should seek trveness elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey BBMA I know you're busy with your own thing and all but do you think you could contribute a bit more to this forum? greatly appreciate it mate
Thank you for your interest, we greatly appreciate it. As you suspected, at the moment we are a still a bit busy, but we will certainly consider contributing album reviews, news updates and other generally Black Metal related subjects to MetalForum in the near future!

Re: BestBlackMetalAlbums.com look forward to hearing from you in the near future, I could certainly use some tips on good black metal bands to check out, as I said right now I'm lacking in that area only having Absu, Agathodaimon, Aura Noir, Bathory, Cradle Of Filth, Darkthrone, Deathspell Omega, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, Venom and Ulver who I'm not sure really count

look forward to hearing from you in the near future' date=' I could certainly use some tips on good black metal bands to check out, as I said right now I'm lacking in that area only having Absu, Agathodaimon, Aura Noir, Bathory, Cradle Of Filth, Darkthrone, Deathspell Omega, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, Venom and Ulver who I'm not sure really count[/quote'] Well, for starters let's make sure you're listening to the best each of those bands has to offer! I don't know which ones you have so I apologize in advance if I'm simply repeating all the albums you already have for these bands. (Due to forum rules I am not allowed to post more than 2 full URLs, so you will have to copy-paste the youtube links.) All of Absu's albums are very well crafted, some being more "thrashy" than others, my personal favourite being "Tara" from 2001: youtube.com/watch?v=bsgod7AaWIU The same goes for Aura Noir, they have a natural talent for creating some of the finest Black / Thrash out there, with all their albums being top quality although in my ears their debut full length "Black Thrash Attack" from 1996 is slightly above the rest: youtube.com/watch?v=mNZV-ExJe1I As for Agathodaimon, make sure you check out their "Higher Art Of Rebellion" album from 1999 as well as their "Chapter III" album from 2001. Unfortunately we don't have any Agathodaimon songs uploaded to our YouTube channel at this moment, but I've made a note. Bathory has a nice, varied and extended discography showing off everything from old school black metal to viking/pagan metal, but if it's Black Metal you're looking for their first three albums ("Bathory", "The Return" and "Under The Sign Of The Black Mark") are essential in any collection. His last two albums, "Nordland I" and "Nordland II" are also highly recommended: youtube.com/user/BestBlackMetalAlbums/videos?query=bathory As far as Cradle of Filth goes... only their first three full length albums and their first EP are worth checking out. With departure of drummer Nicholas Barker and the release of the "From The Cradle To Enslave" EP in 1999 they completely changed their sound and basically lost the few Black Metal elements they had, with only a handful of songs in the last 15 years actually worth listening to. CoF albums to consider are "The Principle Of Evil Made Flesh", "Dusk And Her Embrace", "Cruelty And The Beast" and the "Vempire" EP. The only other note-worthy albums of their career are "Midian", "Damnation And A Day" and "Bitter Suites To Succubi", each bearing an average of 3 worthwhile songs... but still a far cry from Black Metal. youtube.com/user/BestBlackMetalAlbums/videos?query=cradle+of+filth Darkthrone, oh mighty Darkthone. I don't know which Darkthrone albums you have but over the course of their 25-year spanning career they have evolved from Death Metal on their first album, to quintessential second wave Black Metal on their following seven albums, then shifting to a slower and heavier sound on their next few albums until in 2005 they released "The Cult Is Alive", presenting a complete change in sound towards a more Crust Punk style of Black Metal, and this is still the sound they play to this day. While many people hated their change in styles, I personally enjoy all of Darkthrone's albums (some more than others of course). Okay, I just remembered it's Black Metal you are looking for, so I recommend "Transilvanian Hunger", "Under A Funeral Moon", "A Blaze In The Northern Sky" and "Panzerfaust". youtube.com/user/BestBlackMetalAlbums/videos?query=darkthrone Deathspell Omega also presented a shift in sound after their second album, polarizing the fanbase into a majority that prefer their more recent albums and a minority that prefer their first two albums. I prefer their first two albums, with "Inquisitors Of Satan" being one of my all time favourite Black Metal albums, but that's just my personal preference, so you should also check out their later works like "Paracletus" and "Fas - Ite, Maledicti, In Ignem Aeternum" to see where you stand, although the sound on these albums is a bit more complex and less accessible than the more traditional approach on their early works. Be warned, some versions of "Infernal Battles" have a terrible production quality, just in case you pick one up and wonder "what the fuck am i listening to!?". youtube.com/user/BestBlackMetalAlbums/videos?query=deathspell+omega Hellhammer, as you may have found out, has a rather limited discography, so it isn't hard to come across their masterpieces, the "Satanic Rites" demo and the "Apocalyptic Raids" EP. youtube.com/watch?v=bB--rPW5To8 As for Celtic Frost make sure you check out "To Mega Therion" album as well as their "Morbid Tales" and "Emperor's Return" EPs. youtube.com/watch?v=3zbU9DaD_Bk Most of Venom's albums are just a joy to listen to, you can't beat listening to the pioneers of it all just do what they do best. Old School Black Metal! Of course some albums are better than others, with "Black Metal", "Prime Evil" and "Resurrection" standing out above the rest. Ulver are probably the band that has shifted it's sound the most in the whole history of Black Metal... given that now they play Ambient music with classical and electronic themes. However, their "Nattens Madrigal" and "Bergtatt Et Eeventyr I 5 Capitler" albums are some of the best Norwegian Black Metal albums ever made. Okay, that's enough of going over what you already have. Let's get you started on some of the greatest Black Metal albums known to man!! I won't go into any detail but just trust me, every one of the following albums is a must-get (in addition to those mentioned above). Abigor - Nachthymnen Aetherius Obscuritas - Viziok Armagedda - Only True Believers Ascension - Consolamentum Belenos - Errances Oniriques Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta II: Dialogue With The Stars Blut Aus Nord - Ultima Thulée Borknagar - The Olden Domain Burzum - Filosofem Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss Burzum - Belus Carpathian Forest - Black Shining Leather Cirith Gorgor - Onwards To The Spectral Defile Dimmu Borgir - Stormblast Dissection - Storm Of The Light's Bane Drautran - Throne Of The Depths Drudkh - Autumn Aurora Drudkh - Microcosmos Drudkh - Forgotten Legends Drudkh - Blood In Our Wells Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse Emperor - Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi Enthroned - Prophecies Of Pagan Fire Enthroned - Xes Haereticum Gorgoroth - Under The Sign Of Hell Gorgoroth - Pentagram Gorgoroth - Quantos Possunt Ad Satanitatem Trahunt Gorgoroth - Destroyer Judas Iscariot - Thy Dying Light Hades - Dawn Of The Dying Sun Horna - Sanojesi Äärelle Immortal - At The Heart Of Winter Immortal - Sons Of Northern Darkness Immortal - Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism Inquisition - Invoking The Majestic Throne Of Satan Inquisition - Nefarious Dismal Orations IXXI - Assorted Armament Marduk - Opus Nocturne Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas Merrimack - Of Entropy And Life Denial Nagelfar - Virus West Nargaroth - Herbstleyd Nargaroth - Jahreszeiten Nargaroth - Geliebte Des Regens Negura Bunget - Om Negura Bunget - Virstele Pamintului Negura Bunget - Maiastru Sfetnic Otargos - No God No Satan Paysage D'Hiver - Paysage D'Hiver Ravencult - Temples Of Torment Samael - Blood Ritual Samael - Worship Him Satyricon - Nemesis Divina Satyricon - Dark Medieval Times Sear Bliss - The Haunting The Ruins Of Beverast - Rain Upon The Impure Vorkreist - Sublimation XXIXA Watain - Casus Luciferi Windir - 1184 Windir - Sóknardalr Wodensthrone - Curse Wolves In The Throne Room - Diadem Of 12 Stars Wolves In The Throne Room - Two Hunters and last but not least... all albums by LUNAR AURORA! all albums by TAAKE! Seriously, you can't go wrong with Taake and Lunar Aurora. To start, for Taake check out "Hordalands Doedksvad" and "Noregs Vaapen", and for Lunar Aurora check out "Andacht" and "Hoagascht". Of course I could go on listing "must-have" albums for hours but I have to draw the line somewhere. If you like what you hear on these albums, you will surely like the rest of that band's albums too, so you can check our website to see which other albums each band has available. Some bands, such as Samael or Satyricon for example, may have changed their style over the years so make sure you also check the "Genre" for more recent albums. We also have reviews for many of the above albums: bestblackmetalalbums.com/black_metal_album_reviews.php I'm running out of time here so I haven't been able to link YouTube videos for the aforementioned albums, so you will just have to visit my channel and find them using the integrated search bar. As far as I can remember, all of the aforementioned albums have a song on our YouTube Channel: youtube.com/user/BestBlackMetalAlbums/videos?view=0 I hate to repeat myself but I insist, there are hundreds upon hundreds of excellent Black Metal albums, and I have only mentioned a fraction of them. We have 900 videos on our YouTube channel, and even this is only about 30% of the total albums in our database. Please visit our website and check out the Top 100 Black Metal albums list for more "must-have" Black Metal albums: http://www.bestblackmetalalbums.com/top ... albums.php And you can also use the Random Album tool which will no doubt help you discover some hidden gems: http://www.bestblackmetalalbums.com/random.php Right, that's all for now, I must force myself to stop typing. Good luck! Also, remember you can buy albums online through the links on our website. We receive a small percentage for every sale at no extra cost to you, which helps us pay the hosting and effort invested!

Re: BestBlackMetalAlbums.com Tara check, Black Thrash Attack check, The Return check, A Blaze In The Northern Sky check, Principles, Cruelty and Midian check along with the Celtic Frost albums, Paracletus check, Demon Entrails was the Hellhammer album I picked up, Bergtat check and everything by Venom is also a big check actually with the exceptions of CoF, Venom and Ulver I found all of those bands after following up suggestions by forum user BlutAusNerd in a thread I startd under the black metal banner

Re: BestBlackMetalAlbums.com As I said earlier in this thread, I don't agree completely with every choice he's made here (nor for the top 100 albums), but I do agree with a great number of them, and they clearly have a larger knowledge of black metal as a whole than I do. I'll be taking down some of these recommendations that I'm not familiar with, so I would assume that there would be some great recommendations for you there as well.

• 4 weeks later...