Welcome to Metal Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to stalk this  
Stalkers 0
H34VYM3T4LD4V3

Deep Purple!!! :D

36 posts in this topic

New album is about to be released and I got a sample on the cover of Classic Rock mag this month - the track isn't that bad. I don't think it will be another "In Rock" or "Machine Head" (I doubt Gillan and co have that in them nowadays - they are all pensioners) but well done to them for still going and not being afraid to tour and release new material. Bob Ezrin has produced this time and he has a pretty decent reputation so the polish should be there.

Re: Deep Purple!!! :D

When I listened child in time for the first time I was hypnotized and today is the same! [h=3][/h]
That song is truly amazing, I haven't listened to In Rock for a while, must listen to it today.

Deep Purple is another word for orgasm. Amazing band, it amazes me that they are overlooked by a lot of people, even with the people I know that enjoy rock around this time don't really listen to them. Lazy is probally my personal favorite from the band, that long instrumental work before Ian coming out with those lyrics is just badass.

Highway Star is my favorite from them but I also like Black Night, Stormbringer and Smoke On The Water.

Deep Purple should be up there with Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin as one of the godfathers of metal. Deep Purple while having tracks that are metal still is not what I would consider a metal band, they are a hard rock band.

Deep Purple: good band. Machine Head is a good album. Maybe I'm a Leo is probably my favorite song on that album.