Sign in to stalk this  
Iceni

Travel

It seems this may be a useful thread since this topic has cropped up every now and then. At any rate, post anything travel-related here if you like. I would love to go to the Bovington Tank Museum one of these days, sounds like a cool place. For that matter, the Geneva Auto Show could be really cool as well.

Your Ad Here
Support the forum, get a special badge and promote yourself to thousands of Metal fans. Click the above link to get started!

Re: Travel I've always wanted to check out Europe, but would also like to revisit South America. My trip to Bolivia was fantastic, I loved the culture, the food, the people, everything about it just made me feel at home in a way, something I don't really feel in my current location. Also, Hawaii is a great place where I liked all of the same things I mentioned about Bolivia, but I would have to become pretty wealthy to afford to live there. As for future travels, most places in Europe are on my agenda for places to check out, as well as Australia. My brother in law traveled to Australia and New Zealand a few years back and loved both areas, so I would like to go as well. I would probably just have to go when it's not insanely hot.

Re: Travel

I've always wanted to check out Europe' date=' but would also like to revisit South America. My trip to Bolivia was fantastic, I loved the culture, the food, the people, everything about it just made me feel at home in a way, something I don't really feel in my current location.[/quote'] You don't have elevation sickness here. :lol:

Re: Travel True, but it wasn't that bad, I got over it in about a day. I just need to remember not to eat the eggs, or at least not until my stomach adjusts to them. One of the only things I like about Utah are our mountains, and theirs absolutely dwarf ours, you wouldn't believe how they look even when you have been surrounded by them your whole life. I can deal with a short bout with elevation sickness to have those awesome mountains again. The only thing I don't miss about it was the rampant poverty and animal neglect, spaying and neutering animals isn't something they really do there, so strays are absolutely everywhere.

Travel My favourite place is India. Love the total chaos, the food, the people and the culture. We've been 3times now but only to Goa, I'd love to see more but my wife doesn't want to fly that far anymore. We be been to Australia and loved it there too, I would have moved out there but my wife (again) wouldn't leave her family. Closer to home I love the Greek islands. Been to the states and didn't really like it, it was Orlando though, only went to get to see some NHL games. Thought the food was very poor as well. Favourite city I've been to is Riga in Latvia. Want to go to NYC some day.

Re: Travel

My favourite place is India. Love the total chaos' date=' the food, the people and the culture. We've been 3times now but only to Goa, I'd love to see more but my wife doesn't want to fly that far anymore. We be been to Australia and loved it there too, I would have moved out there but my wife (again) wouldn't leave her family. Closer to home I love the Greek islands. Been to the states and didn't really like it, it was Orlando though, only went to get to see some NHL games. Thought the food was very poor as well. Favourite city I've been to is Riga in Latvia. Want to go to NYC some day.[/quote'] New York sucks. It's better than New Jersey, but they both smell awful and are full of pricks. Florida was too hot and full of nearly dead people, but the amusement parks are fun. The east coast has some great historical sites but that's it. Haven't dealt with countless people from that area of the US over the years I can honestly say I'm not fond of it. The further west you go the better things get. The temperature, food and people get better. The closest thing to a favorite city I have would probably be Rome. It's sad that the locals let the ruins decay, but it was beautiful. Too hot however. Germany was pretty and I liked Munich but mostly for WOM. I felt most "at home" in Ireland however. The weather was nice and it was fairly quiet. England was cool but expensive. Italy had the best food hands down though. :D

Re: Travel oh I have so many places I would love to visit, for starters I'd love to go back to Scotland and England, I'd like to visit Japan, Italy, Greece, Spain, Germany (for WOA), hit up some of the European metal festivals, I'd also like to see Brazil and other parts of South America, and the US, oh and South Africa as well, and later this year I'm going to Thailand so can't wait for that, hopefully it's not as westernised as I've heard though

Re: Travel I would like to get to Greece (Athens, Olympia and Delphi), Munich (great food and a massive Classical art museum) and, since Murph siad it was so good, maybe teh great barrier reef, though there is a whole lot of deadly down in Oz, especially those horrilbe little red back spiders!

Re: Travel no need to worry about those if you stay in a place that's well maintained, they prefer dark, dank places with lots of insects to eat, as for the reef the area where you'll see the most is the outer reef, Cairns up the top of Queensland would be your best bet they run frequent tours with various companies, the one I went on was Kwiksilver or Quiksilver something like thattours it's the most expensive but also has the most to offer

Re: Travel hey someone has to promote the good times Australia has to offer, we also have some killer theme parks up the other end of Queensland near the Gold Coast, then there's Uluru, the Kimberly's national park (located in the Nothern Territory and Western Australia respectively) look at me I've suddenly become a travel agent lol

Re: Travel Don't forget the west coast. The pinnacles, Kalbarri and Monkey Mia. Spent a couple of weeks around there in a camper van, Monkey Mia is beautiful and so unspoilt. There's no european animal invasion there, it's all keep out. Further up is the Ningaloo reef which is a lot less over crowded than the GBR on the east coast. Oh and if your in Sidney you've got to go to the blue mountains.

Re: Travel and climb the haror bridge if you aren't aftaid of heights, as for the GBR it depends on which tour company you go with, the one I went on only takes so many people per trip and offer a huge variety if activities including semi-submersibles (class bottom boats that leave every fifteen minutes, scuba tours for both beginners and experienced divers, snorkelling tours, an observation platform, an ocean walk which isn't really worth doing, they provide lunch and will pick you up fromm your hotel and drop you back there, oh and they offer stinger suits to protect your from the jellyfish that you may encounter during stinger season

Re: Travel Yet more things that kill you in Oz, I remember when we where out there it was be careful of this be careful of that. lol At least in the UK you only have to worry about the weather and the people.

Re: Travel Anyone been to Italy? Mrs Satan wants to go and I'd like to do it but not on a package tour type thing. Only got a week in September and want a bit of beach and city. Was thinking of a cheap flight to Pisa then Florence, Siena and back to Pisa but a mate told me Pisa has some no go area's.