Top 10 Albums of Any Given Year

NTNR

Re: Top 10 Albums of Any Given Year 2007: 1. Swallow the Sun - Hope 2. Paradise Lost - In Requiem 3. Primordial - To The Nameless Dead 4. Worship - Dooom 5. Fall of the Leafe - Aerolithe 6. Dark Tranquillity - Fiction 7. Obituary - Xecutioner's Return 8. Candlemass - King of the Grey Islands 9. Type O Negative - Dead Again 10. Forgotten Tomb - Negative Megalomania

Re: Top 10 Albums of Any Given Year 2008: 1. Mar de Grises - Draining The Waterheart 2. Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine 3. King's X - XV 4. Moss - Sub Templum 5. Judas Priest - Nostradamus 6. Daylight Dies - Lost to the Living 7. Doom:VS - Dead Words Speak 8. Moonspell - Night Eternal 9. Skepticism - Alloy 10. Fatum Elisum - Fatum Elisum

Re: Top 10 Albums of Any Given Year

I'll have to get back to you on this when I give it a second listen.
Believe it or not, I agree with NTNR here. Damage Done was my first DT album, but Character is far better IMO. I really like Fiction though, it just seems to be a polarizing album, love it or hate it. My other favorite DT albums are Skydancer, The Mind's I, and Projector.

Re: Top 10 Albums of Any Given Year BlutAusNerd's Top 10 Albums of 2004: 1349: Beyond the Apocalypse - Blazing and intense black metal, very fast, yet memorable Anaal Nathrakh: Domine Non Es Dignus - Industrial black/grindcore, sick apocalyptic sounds of chaos Anata: Under a Stone With No Inscription - Innovative and awesome tech/death metal, one of the best Enslaved: Isa - A more laid back and atmospheric Enslaved, but still fantastic at what they do Mastodon: Leviathan - Progressive sludge awesomeness, diverse songwriting and great execution Morgion: Cloaked By Ages, Crowned In Earth - Beautiful and crushing atmospheric doom/death, somber My Dying Bride: Songs of Darkness, Words of Light - MDB's darkest, and also one of their best Nasum: Shift - Insane Swedish grindcore, chaotic yet focused, a brutally executed and calculated onslaught Orphaned Land: Mabool - Progressive folk metal from the Middle East, captivating and grandiose The Ruins of Beverast: Unlock the Shrine - Unique and creepy black metal, ambient, doomy, and dark This year looks sort of similar to the last couple based on the variety showcased in my top 10, the difference is that the quality has taken a large leap up this year over the last two. I had a pretty difficult time narrowing this one down, it may be the best year so far of the 00's.

Re: Top 10 Albums of Any Given Year 2009: 1. Paradise Lost - Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us 2. Longing for Dawn - Between Elation and Despair 3. My Dying Bride - For Lies I Sire 4. Ahab - The Divinity of Oceans 5. Megadeth - Endgame 6. Cannibal Corpse - Evisceration Plague 7. Poema Arcanus - Timeline Symmetry 8. Mistress of the Dead - I Know Her Face from the Tombstone 9. Sirenia - The 13th Floor 10. Amorphis - Skyforger

Re: Top 10 Albums of Any Given Year 2010: 1. Celestiial - Where Life Springs Eternal 2. Mar de Grises - Streams Inwards 3. The Nulll Collective - De Monstris 4. Angra - Aqua 5. Orphaned Land - The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR 6. Nevertanezra - Nevertanezra 7. Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones 8. Cradle of Filth - Darkly, Darkly, Venus Aversa 9. Triptykon - Shatter 10. Finntroll - Nifelvind

Re: Top 10 Albums of Any Given Year 1980: 1. Angel Witch - Angel Witch 2. Samson - Head On 3. Tygers Of Pan Tang - Wild Cat 4. Judas Priest - British Steel 5. Holocaust - Heavy Metal Mania 6. Def Leppard - On Through The Night 7. Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden 8. Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell 9. Blue Oyster Cult - Cultosaurus Erectus 10. Thin Lizzy - Chinatown Black Sabbath and Thin Lizzy are only on here because I couldn't find anything else I'd listened too to take their places. Thus begins the 80's best of's!

Re: Top 10 Albums of Any Given Year

wait wait wait so you're not happy to have Sabbath on there but you're fine with def leppard? you are one strange individual
If you haven't heard the first Def Leppard album you're missing out. It's pretty good NWOBHM. And yes that Sabbath album was way overrated.

Re: Top 10 Albums of Any Given Year 1981: 1. Raven - Rock Until You Drop 2. Iron Maiden - Killers 3. Legend - Legend 4. Blue Oyster Cult - Fire of Unknown Origin 5. Tygers Of Pan Tang - Spellbound 6. Judas Priest - Point Of Entry 7. Saxon - Denim and Leather 8. Venom - Welcome To Hell 9. Samson - Shock Tactics 10. Holocaust - The Nightcomers

Re: Top 10 Albums of Any Given Year ok now THAT'S a list, two bands in there I don't know (Legend and Holocaust) of the bands I do know three albums I don't own Rock Until You Drop, Spellbound and Shock Tactics, and you've got m favourite B.O.C album in there and my favourite Di'anno era Maiden album, plus you can't go wrong with venom, yep very hard to fault that list

Re: Top 10 Albums of Any Given Year Legend are pretty obscure but I really enjoy them. I picked up their rerelease double disc a few years back and it's great. It took a few listens to really get into it but they're awesome. Great singer too. Holocaust is from Scotland and I think you'd really dig them. Your attitude lines up with their music. You should really check this out: yPzjlraENYM

Re: Top 10 Albums of Any Given Year 1983: 1. Iron Maiden - Piece Of Mind 2. Dio - Holy Diver 3. Slayer - Show No Mercy 4. Jaguar - Power Games 5. Mercyful Fate - Melissa 6. Black Sabbath - Born Again 7. Def Leppard - Pyromania 8. Raven - All For One 9. Metallica - Kill'em All 10. Satan - Court in the Act

Re: Top 10 Albums of Any Given Year 1982: 1. Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast 2. Legend - Death In The Nursery 3. Mercyful Fate - Mercyful Fate 4. Legend - Frontline 5. Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance 6. Manowar - Battle Hymns 7. Venom - Black Metal 8. Raven - Wiped Out 9. Black Sabbath - Live Evil 10. Scorpions - Blackout

Re: Top 10 Albums of Any Given Year 1984: 1. Iron Maiden - Powerslave 2. Judas Priest - Defenders Of The Faith 3. Grim Reaper - See You in Hell 4. Metallica - Ride The Lightning 5. Queensryche - The Warning 6. Mercyful Fate - Don't Break The Oath 7. Pretty Maids - Red, Hot and Heavy 8. Trouble - Psalm 9 9. Slayer - Haunting The Chapel 10. Venom - At War With Satan

Re: Top 10 Albums of Any Given Year 1985: 1. Iron Maiden - Live After Death 2. Megadeth - Killing Is My Business...and Business Is Good! 3. Angel Witch - Screamin' And Bleedin' 4. Slayer - Hell Awaits 5. Dio - Sacred Heart 6. Trouble - The Skull 7. Raven - Stay Hard 8. Helloween - Walls Of Jericho 9. Grim Reaper - Fear No Evil 10. Blitzkrieg - A Time Of Changes

Re: Top 10 Albums of Any Given Year BlutAusNerd's Top 10 Albums of 2005: Akercocke: Words That Go Unspoken, Deeds That Go Undone - Progressive black/death perfection Coffins: Mortuary In Darkness - Insanely heavy doom/death/sludge, simplistic yet destructive Dark Tranquillity: Character - Melodeath perfection, excellent songwriting, riffs, melodies, and vocals Darkspace: Darkspace II - Massive space themed black metal, dense and heavy, yet very atmospheric Evoken: Antithesis of Light - Stunning funeral doom/death, dark, mournful, and depressingly heavy Gojira: From Mars To Sirius - Progressive groove metal greatness, like Meshuggah meets Mastodon Immolation: Harnessing Ruin - Catchier and more direct than previous efforts, but excellent Moonsorrow: Verisakeet - Epic and expansive viking metal, folky and captivating Nile: Annihilation of the Wicked - Egyptian flavored death metal, brutal, technical, and memorable Shining: IV - The Eerie Cold - Despondent, moody, and depressed black metal, captures the senses This year turned out differently than I had thought it would initially, but I'm still happy with it. Lots of strong doom offerings that I thought would be in here, but only a couple made it, I may have to revisit this one despite the strong offerings still on display.

Re: Top 10 Albums of Any Given Year 1986: 1. Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time 2. Slayer - Reign In Blood 3. Queensryche - Rage For Order 4. Metallica - Master Of Puppets 5. Megadeth - Peace Sells, But Who's Buying? 6. Judas Priest - Turbo 7. Angel Witch - Frontal Assault 8. Blue Oyster Cult - Club Ninja 9. Grave Digger - War Games 10. Fates Warning - Awaken The Guardian