obscure verses for the multiverse by inquisition

s/t by condor

worse than dead by iron reagan

to drown in bleeding hope by veldes

deceiver of the gods by amon amarth

der todesking by nekrokrist ss

sleepy plessow by judicator

the yellowgoat sessions by joel grind

honorable mentions: nights of darkness by ranger and skatexmoshxdestroy by crossbone & life in darkness by nefas terra (since i found out the original russian release came out in 2011)

Circus of Power - Circus of Power

Bathory - Blood Fire Death

Incubus - Serpent Temptation

Razor - Violent Restitution

Death - Leprosy

Tormentor - Anno Domini

Axegrinder - The Rise of the Serpent Men

Overkill - Under the Influence

Wargasm - Why Play Around?

Anacrusis - Suffering Hour

Bulldozer - Neurodeliri

Social Distortion - Prison Bound

Iggy Pop - Instinct

Hellbastard - Heading for Internal Darkness

Hobbs' Angel of Death - S/T

Slayer - South of Heaven

Ludichrist - Powertrip

Sadus - Illusions (Chemical Exposure)

Nuclear Assault - Survive

Doom - War Crimes: Inhuman Beings

2006:

10. Incantation - Primordial Domination

9. Ahab - The Call of the Wretched Seas

8. Sykdom - Under Krigen

7. Coffins - The Other Side of Blasphemy

6. Archgoat - Whore of Bethlehem

5. Antaeus - Blood Libels

4. Lja - Til Avsky forliver

3. Drawn and Quartered - Hail Infernal Darkness

2. Anata - The Conductor’s Departure

1. The Ruins of Beverast - Rain Upon the Impure

Two lists in one day, aren’t you unlucky?

2007: 10. Shining - V: Halmstad

9. Evil Angel - Unholy Fight for Metal

8. Devin Townsend - Ziltoid the Omniscient

7. Colosseum - Chapter 1: Delirium

6. Cemetary Urn - Urn of Blood

5. Ulcerate - Of Fracture and Failure

4. Glorior Beli - Manifesting the Raging Beast

3. Portal - Outre

2. Horna - Sotahuuto? See GG’s List for the correct spelling.

1. Inquisition - Nefarious Dismal Orations

Okay, time to fish or cut bait with this year...too many good albums to select, so have a top 25 list

Abhor - In Nostrum Maleficium

Kroda - Fimbulvinter (Похорон сонця)

Deathevokation - The Chalice of Ages

Necros Christos - Trivne Impvrity Rites

Bone Awl - Meaningless Leaning Mess

Mortuus - De Contemplanda Morte; De Reverencie Laboribus ac Adorationis

Keen of the Crow - Hyborea

Mael Mórdha - Gealtacht Mael Mórdha

Demonical - Servants of the Unlight

Furia - Martwa polska jesień

Inquisition - Nefarious Dismal Orations

Nominon - Terra Necrosis

Bestial Raids - Reversed Black Trinity

Månegarm - Vargstenen

Avsky - Mass Destruction

Kill - Inverted Funeral

Arkhon Infaustus - Orthodoxyn

Horna - Sotahuuto

Cemetery Urn - Urn of Blood

Avichi - The Divine Tragedy

Helstar - Sins of the Past

Nocturnal Graves - Satan's Cross

Spearhead - Decrowning the Irenarch

Flagellum Dei - Under the Might...

Truppensturm - Fields of Devastation

24 minutes ago, SurgicalBrute said:

Have you kept up with them? I feel like their last one, "Księżyc milczy luty" would probably be your kind of thing

I'll check it out! It's been a few years since I followed their new stuff. The last one that I bought was Nocel, which is a weird one for me - I need to be in the right place and the right mood or I don't dig it. It was awesome on late-night walks through the city. 

6 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

I'll check it out! It's been a few years since I followed their new stuff. The last one that I bought was Nocel, which is a weird one for me - I need to be in the right place and the right mood or I don't dig it. It was awesome on late-night walks through the city. 

It's different than Nocel, but it's still kind of an odd listen...they're definitely off in their own corner now, doing something unique

Another year and this one only took me 4 days to do. Wow I'm speeding through things now!!

1. Frenzal Rhomb – San Souci

2. Strapping Young Lad – SYL

3. Place Of Skulls – With Vision

4. Dropkick Murphys – Blackout

5. Lord – A Personal Journey

6. The Hidden Hand – Divine Propaganda

7. Black Label Society – The Blessed Hellride

8. Dungeon – A Rise To Power

9. Devin Townsend Band – Accelerated Evolution

10. Overkill – Killbox 13

Just keeps getting better every year. 

1. Deströyer 666 - Defiance

2. Azaghal - Teraphim

3. Excoriate - On Pestilent Winds

Monarque - Ad Nauseam

Necrophobic - Death to All

Unanimated - In the Light of Darkness

Vomitory - Carnage Euphoria

Korgonthurus - Marras

Reign in Blood - Diabolical Katharsis

Lathspell - Reborn in Retaliation

The Chasm - Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm

Sathanas - Nightrealm Apocalypse

Ketzer - Satan's Boundaries Unchained

Funebrarum - The Sleep of Morbid Dreams

Krypts - Open the Crypt

Vorum - Grim Death Awaits

Archgoat - The Light-Devouring Darkness

Beherit - Engram

Hellshock - They Wait For You Still

Instinct of Survival - North of Nowhere

Morbider - When Darkness Returns

Undergang  - Indhentet af Døden

Grave Miasma - Exalted Emanation

Ignivomous - Death Transmutation

WInterwolf - Cycle of the Werewolf

Stabat Mater - Stabat Mater

Iskra - Bureval

Stridsmenn - Stridsmenn

Urgehal - Ikonoklast

Scythian - To Those Who Stand Against Us

Teitanblood - Seven Chalices

Witchrist - Curses of Annihilation

Diocletian - Doom Cult

Coroner - RIP

Overkill - Taking Over

Bathory - Under the Sign of the Black Mark

Candlemass - Nightfall

Sodom - Persecution Mania

Sisters of Mercy - Floodland

Amebix - Monolith

Ramones - Halfway to Sanity

The Exploited - Death Before Dishonour

Slaughter - Strappado

Sacred Reich - Ignorance

Sacrifice - Forward to Termination

Exodus - Pleasures of the Flesh

Testament - The Legacy

Death - Scream Bloody Gore

Sacrilege - Within the Prophecy

TMA - Beach Party 2000

Necros - Tangled Up

The Cult - Electric

Bulldozer - IX

Sarcofago - INRI

I just realised I didn't put a year on my last top 10 and no one even read it well enough to pick up on it. Obviously no one listens to thrash so they couldn't have guess the year all by themselves :P

Anyway here's 2004, that will give a hint to the previous year!!

1. Exodus – Tempo Of The Damned

2. Orange Goblin – Thieving From The House of God

3. MD 45 – The Craving (Remastered version with Lee Ving on Vocals)

4. W.A.S.P. - Let The Torture Begin (The Lost Demos)

5. Death Angel – The Art Of Dying

6. Dungeon – One Step Beyond

7. The Hidden Hand – Mother Teacher Destroyer

8. Mortification – Brain Cleaner

9. Raven Black Night – Choose The Dark

10. The AK Corral – A Different Brand Of Country

4 hours ago, KillaKukumba said:

I just realised I didn't put a year on my last top 10 and no one even read it well enough to pick up on it. Obviously no one listens to thrash so they couldn't have guess the year all by themselves :P

Being an Overkill fanboi obviously I knew that the fantastic Killbox 13 was 2003 but I had no knowledge of or interest in any of those other albums (other than just to point out that your really 'orrible Dungeon album in the #8 spot (which aside from being really 'orrible is in no way thrash) was actually from 2002) so I only read #10 and then scrolled away to greener pastures.

For your 2004 list all I might have wanted to say was that you know when someone has a WASP album on their list they surely must've missed a few records that year. But that wouldn't be very nice and would probably just lead to a silly argument about Blackie Lawless' songwriting prowess (or the lack thereof) so I won't say that.

8 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Being an Overkill fanboi obviously I knew that the fantastic Killbox 13 was 2003 but I had no knowledge of or interest in any of those other albums (other than just to point out that your really 'orrible Dungeon album in the #8 spot (which aside from being really 'orrible is in no way thrash) was actually from 2002) so I only read #10 and then scrolled away to greener pastures.

For your 2004 list all I might have wanted to say was that you know when someone has a WASP album on their list they surely must've missed a few records that year. But that wouldn't be very nice and would probably just lead to a silly argument about Blackie Lawless' songwriting prowess (or the lack thereof) so I won't say that.

Oops I forgot that I was only supposed to listen to thrash, however my Dungeon is an international release so it's dated 2003 because it didn't come out until July of that year. I knew you were a closet power metal fan but enough to pick up that tidbit of information I'm really impressed! We should see Manowar together!

The only way an argument is silly is when one person is ill informed. Now I wouldn't dare suggest that you fit into that category but lets face it someone has to.

16 minutes ago, KillaKukumba said:

Oops I forgot that I was only supposed to listen to thrash, however my Dungeon is an international release so it's dated 2003 because it didn't come out until July of that year. I knew you were a closet power metal fan but enough to pick up that tidbit of information I'm really impressed! We should see Manowar together!

The only way an argument is silly is when one person is ill informed. Now I wouldn't dare suggest that you fit into that category but lets face it someone has to.

What's power metal?

Metal Archives and Wikipedia both agree that your really 'orrible Dungeon album was released August 1st 2002. Are you saying they're both incorrect?

22 minutes ago, KillaKukumba said:

No, I'm saying the international release, which I have, was released nearly 12 months after the local version. Australian got theirs in August 2002, the UK and Europe got their in June 2003 and the US got theirs in July 2003. I have the UK release.

That's marvelous Orca, but what's it got to do with anything?

The album was originally released in August 2002. Subsequent release dates in other markets or reissues or remasters or what have you are irrelevant to our listmaking purposes for this thread, as are the dates when any one of us might have actually gotten around to purchasing any of these albums. But either way, in this specific case of your NSW power metallers you didn't list it under 2002 or 2003, you have it under 2004. 

I suppose it doesn't really matter to a rogue killer orca like you who can't be fucked to concern himself with such trivial matters as species or sub-genres or release dates. But still, you might like to be aware that for the purposes of collating these year by year lists of our favorite albums for each given year, I think it goes without saying that the rest of us are all going by an album's original release date as listed on any legitimately recognized point of reference like M-A.

I've had 3 or 4 albums on this thread where it's been pointed out to me that I had them listed under the wrong year, and another couple of misdated ones that I caught on my own. And in all instances I've adjusted my lists accordingly.

When I filled out my database I would have used the back of the CD for release date, therefore it's dated as 2003 in my system. If that's a struggle for you to understand then I apologise whole heartedly. However I can't and wont guarantee it wont happen again.

Given the UK and US releases were later than the Aussie release it could be just as easily argued (and has been on many other forums) that the minor release market of Australia wasn't enough to allow the entire world access to the music and therefore the later release date is fairer for all. But feel free to point me to a rules list that states one way or the other is the acceptable norm. I'll no doubt ignore it but triviality of it all seems to keep some people interested.

59 minutes ago, KillaKukumba said:

When I filled out my database I would have used the back of the CD for release date, therefore it's dated as 2003 in my system. If that's a struggle for you to understand then I apologise whole heartedly. However I can't and wont guarantee it wont happen again.

Given the UK and US releases were later than the Aussie release it could be just as easily argued (and has been on many other forums) that the minor release market of Australia wasn't enough to allow the entire world access to the music and therefore the later release date is fairer for all. But feel free to point me to a rules list that states one way or the other is the acceptable norm. I'll no doubt ignore it but triviality of it all seems to keep some people interested.

Why so defensive Orca?

No one has asked you to guarantee that it won't happen again, and no one said anything about a rules list. There are only 5 or 6 of us who have been participating in this thread, so the 'rules' are whatever we all agree they are. I was only trying to be helpful by pointing out your totally understandable error. Because we all make errors.

It's certainly not a struggle for me to understand that the album in question (like many other albums) had different release dates in different countries. But the lengths you've gone to in your vain attempts to justify your wee little mistake (that no one even cares about anyway) are literally making me laugh. Your responses have been absolutely fucking hilarious, I'm dead as they say. Which is the only reason I've stuck with this in hopes that maybe I can make steam come up out of your blow hole like a Yellowstone geyser. 

The proper response 3 hours ago would have been "Thanks for pointing that out to me mate, I'll update my lists." Or even no response at all would have been fine, you could have just fixed it (or not) and that would have been the end of it. Most of us list-making pedant types do like to at least try to get the details right. Seems you're the exception. I was appreciative when Surge and Blivvie pointed out the handful of albums I had erroneously listed under the wrong years. I didn't get all butt hurt that they'd pointed out my errors, I just fixed my lists.

Spray Blow Hole GIF - Spray Blow Hole Orca - Discover & Share GIFs