IRON MAIDEN

Re: IRON MAIDEN

I've always liked Iron Maiden but never had the chanse to see them live. But I've got the Number of the Beast record on original vinyl' date=' although it's got some donald duck stickers on it :lol:[/quote'] :lol: :lol: Maiden was the first metal band i ever listened to, i was so angry/disappointed when i couldnt go to see trhem play the last time they were here in Argentina :x

• 3 weeks later...

Re: IRON MAIDEN I saw them once when I was an exchange student in Germany. It was in 2000 at the Leipzig 'With Full Force' festival. It was a blast and it was right after Bruce had rejoined. I'd love to see them again. I doubt that they're going to be around for another 10 years.

• 1 month later...

which albums have which singers? i'm not an overly huge fan of iron maiden so i've only heard the albums with bruce
Iron Maiden Albums and Singers Iron Maiden - Paul Di'Anno Killers - Paul Di'Anno Maiden Japan - Paul Di'Anno The Number of the Beast - Bruce Dickinson Piece of Mind - Bruce Dickinson Powerslave - Bruce Dickinson Live After Death - Bruce Dickinson Somewhere in Time - Bruce Dickinson 7th Son of a 7th Son - Bruce Dickinson No Prayer for the Dying - Bruce Dickinson Fear of the Dark - Bruce Dickinson Live At Donnington - Bruce Dickinson A Real Live One - Bruce Dickinson A Real Dead One - Bruce Dickinson The X-Factor - Blaze Bayley Virtual XI - Blaze Bayley Brave New World - Bruce Dickinson Dance of Death - Bruce Dickinson A Matter of Life and Death - Bruce Dickinson The Final Frontier - Bruce Dickinson Adrian Smith also sang a song called 'Reach Out' on the 'Wasted Years' single. Bruce did the backing vocals.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: IRON MAIDEN I was really disappointed with Maiden when I saw them at the Soundwave 2010 festival (it happened this year but they billed it as 2010 go figure) Bruce seemed really off, Nicko was struggling to keep his timing, was really hoping they'd be be amazing but they really looked (and sounded) their age, won't be seeing them again

I was really disappointed with Maiden when I saw them at the Soundwave 2010 festival (it happened this year but they billed it as 2010 go figure) Bruce seemed really off' date=' Nicko was struggling to keep his timing, was really hoping they'd be be amazing but they really looked (and sounded) their age, won't be seeing them again[/quote'] I saw them in 2000 at the With Full Force festival in Lepzig Germany and they were great musically. Bruce sucked it up however. The set-list was pretty weak too. I was praying that they'd have come through here when they were doing their Somewhere Back in Time tour a few years ago but they didn't. I'd probably see them again if they came through and if the set list was primarily of song pre-2000.

Re: IRON MAIDEN I'm slowly warming up to the band after 7 and a half years of a lukewarm attitude to their music, no I don't particularly care for their first album and I don't consider them even remotely as good as Sabbath or Priest. But they have great songs with my particular favorite album being Somewhere and time and Powerslave, I don't listen to them often but when I do I get into their stuff. You have to love the combination of Dickinson's vocals and those dual melodies, not to mention their classic songs really are anthemic in every sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: IRON MAIDEN seeing him live you can tell he's really trying to hold things together but just can't do it (or at least not anymore) hey maybe that's why Maiden are playing less and less old material, Bruce just can't hit the notes anymore (of course when I saw Maiden at Soundwave in Febuary he couldn't hit the notes on the new material either), maybe he should have kept up the singing lessons instead of learning to fly a plane

• 2 months later...

Re: Best Iron Maiden Album

Hi everyone, I absolutely love Iron Maiden and have almost all of their albums, but I was wondering, which is the best? Of course, I know that Maiden have had 15 albums and I am only able to put on ten, but still, I think I can knock out five that most will agree are no the best. Can't wait to see which comes out on top :)
I guess you were wrong about the ones you left out, Killers is my pick.

Re: Best Iron Maiden Album it's tough for me to pick just one Maiden album as "the best", I could probably pick the best of each era of Maiden easier so here goes: Paul Di'anno era: Killers, Bruce Dickinson era early period: Powerslave, Bruce Dickinson era mid period: Fear Of The Dark, Blaze era: X Factor, Bruce Dickinson era late period: A Matter Of Life And Death

Re: IRON MAIDEN BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! epic fail for Apoc lol, then again if every metalhead liked the same bands there'd be no point in having the Metal Forum since there'd be nothing to discuss, how boring would it be having nothing but conversations like this: "Iron Maiden are great" "yeah I know aren't they?" "yeah I agree" etc on a completely unrelated yet somehow still relevant note (yeah I know that sentence makes no sense so what?) maybe Tim "Ripper" Owens could replace Bruce as Maiden's lead singer, he did a pretty good job of replacing Rob Halford in Judas Priest

Re: Best Iron Maiden Album Sorry NTNR, I could not disgree with you more. I think that Brave New World is a wonderful album,full of beautiful solos and rousing choruses which go on forever and I also like Dance of Death, especially Paschendale, which, IMHO, is Maiden's second best song (I like Mother Russia in No Prayer for the Dying best 8-) ). I also think that A Matter of Life and Death is probably their weakest album, alot of it is really rather dreary, not serious, not thoughtful, just dreary. Anyway, thanks for voting!