Albums you wish you could unhear.

NTNR

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Black Sabbath - Born Again Black Sabbath with Ian Gillian (yep, the guy from Deep Purple) on vocals sounds like it could be awesome. Well, it was not it was almost as grusome as Iron Maiden with Blaze Bayle. Accept - Eat the Heat Accept withorut Udo is just not Accept. Well, the new guy (Mark Tornillo) is actually pretty good, but the clown (David Reece, he is actually decent, but not for Accept) they got on this album was not. Satan's Host - Satanic Grimoire Don't ask me why I have this album, but it is truly aweful. I retain it in my collection, just to remind myself how horrible an album can be.

Had the misfortune of hearing "Watershed" by Opeth this week. Turned it off after 3 tracks, I believe my comments in the "What are you listening to?" thread more than sums up my thoughts. Somewhere between easy listening, mature pop rock and a Eurovision Song Contest entry is how I recall noting my thoughts on it. It's hard to believe the same band made "Ghost Reveries".

I urgently need to unhear Black Sabbath's 13. Thankfully I preview albums on youtube before buying now or I'd be stuck with a real piece of shit. Hope the new Judas Priest album expected later this year isn't this disappointing.
Murph. I got the new priest cd. I heard it on first play it's good

Black Sabbath - Born Again Black Sabbath with Ian Gillian (yep' date=' the guy from Deep Purple) on vocals sounds like it could be awesome. Well, it was not it was almost as grusome as Iron Maiden with Blaze Bayle. Accept - Eat the Heat Accept withorut Udo is just not Accept. Well, the new guy (Mark Tornillo) is actually pretty good, but the clown (David Reece, he is actually decent, but not for Accept) they got on this album was not. Satan's Host - Satanic Grimoire Don't ask me why I have this album, but it is truly aweful. I retain it in my collection, just to remind myself how horrible an album can be.[/quote'] Eh, I liked the song "Zero The Hero".

The new 'Priest album is pretty good' date=' and infinitely better than their last effort. Too bad 'bout the production, but that has its charm.[/quote'] I actually liked Nostradamus. The first disc was much better then the second but that is generally the case with double albums. I hated Angel Of Retribution though.

• 1 month later...

Rob Zombie - Educated Horses Satyricon - The Age Of Nero Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero Opeth - Heritage Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium Between The Buried And Me - The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues EP Metallica & Lou Reed - Lulu (can't believe I spent money on that dogshit) Jesu - Conqueror Isis - In The Absence Of Truth Dimmu Borgir - Stormblast re-recording Cradle Of Filth - Everything since Midian Trivium - The Crusade & In Waves Every In Flames album since Soundtrack To Your Escape

In many cases it's the bands prior work being of such high quality that stuff after doesn't add up (for me obviously) not that I don't want bands to progress and develop, quite the opposite really, but sometimes their experimentation (or lack thereof) don't work for me. Trivium is a good example because I love ascendancy but the crusade basically wanted to be every band they were compared to rather than Trivium, then Shogun was a masterpiece (in my opinion) and they follow up with in waves, a generic metalcore album. That said some of em in my list have no redeeming qualities and I just don't like em because they bore me etc. (Year Zero, can't stand it lol makes me wanna rip my ears off XD) what about yourself, anything you truly despise?

Lol fair enough' date=' we should get on famously XD[/quote'] Sounds good. I'm a mod here, so let me know if you have any questions. Seems like you're doing well this far, I like it when people dig right into discussions. We're a casual group of serious listeners, as much as I dislike a number of the bands that are talked about here, trolling and flaming is what will put someone on my shit list. I may give you some shit for liking bands like Trivium, but it's all in good fun, I'm more into having a good discussion and turning people onto music they haven't heard before than making them feel unwelcome for liking something I don't.

Lol thanks, I'm working things out as I go, getting there. I've been a member of other forums before, mainly Metallica forums (so u can imagine what a blast that was, more arguing than Michael Jackson forums lol) but yeh I was a tad timid in those but, regardless of genres n sub genres, we all part of the same, uh, faith I guess lol so jump right in and chat, got something to say then say it, can only look stupid right. N u ain't gotta worry, I may listen and chat about softer stuff but I like a lot extreme stuff too. So u can rag on the Triv as much as ya like :) I'll probably join in XD all in good fun lol I do have one question: think I read in the rules that can't post links to websites but can ya mention em? I get all my news from metal sites

Lol thanks' date=' I'm working things out as I go, getting there. I've been a member of other forums before, mainly Metallica forums (so u can imagine what a blast that was, more arguing than Michael Jackson forums lol) but yeh I was a tad timid in those but, regardless of genres n sub genres, we all part of the same, uh, faith I guess lol so jump right in and chat, got something to say then say it, can only look stupid right. N u ain't gotta worry, I may listen and chat about softer stuff but I like a lot extreme stuff too. So u can rag on the Triv as much as ya like :) I'll probably join in XD all in good fun lol I do have one question: think I read in the rules that can't post links to websites but can ya mention em? I get all my news from metal sites[/quote'] It's more about spamming than anything, posting links to articles, YouTube, or whatever doesn't bug me as long as it's on point or helpful. As far as content goes, we have all types here posting about different stuff. As long as those topics can be somewhat metal related, or otherwise amusing and have multiple participants, whatever. I won't pretend to enjoy seeing more threads about Slipknot than The Chasm, but if those people are posting about metal bands as well, I let it go.

Good to know. It's just that I was gunna start a thread about Andrew wk defending extreme music to sum bigotted gf of a metal fan. Read about it on metalsucks so didn't think I shud link it. U shud check it out tho, god knows I ain't a fan of his music but he's gained a lot of respect from me for it. Makes his point very well. N dw, I won't be bringing up slipsour, I mean stoneknot, anytime soon. Unless it's to talk about the sheer lack of respect they are showing their new members.

Good to know. It's just that I was gunna start a thread about Andrew wk defending extreme music to sum bigotted gf of a metal fan. Read about it on metalsucks so didn't think I shud link it. U shud check it out tho' date=' god knows I ain't a fan of his music but he's gained a lot of respect from me for it. Makes his point very well. N dw, I won't be bringing up slipsour, I mean stoneknot, anytime soon. Unless it's to talk about the sheer lack of respect they are showing their new members.[/quote'] I should hope he would defend extreme metal, seeing as Don Tardy of Obituary played drums for him.

• 4 weeks later...