Favourite place to listen to metal

Voidlight

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Favourite place to listen to metal

funny I thought that as well' date=' no my parents are cool with his taste in music even want him playing it around my seven year old brother but they refuse point blank to let him anywhere near me when I have my music on or when I wear one of my band t-shirts, I think they still hope it's only a "phase" I'm going through and that I will "mature" and "grow out of it"[/quote'] The world is very strange...as far as I can see an awful lot of rap encourages a bad attitude to women and violence. But there you go, what can you say, I guess the spectre of Satanism is the scariest boggie-man to parents. It's strange though, my brother has had more trouble with his rap in our house than I have ever had with my metal!

Re: Favourite place to listen to metal my parents don't even view metal as being music so that hurts my chances of playing it around the home, fortunately my room and my brother's are seperate from the main house so I can blast it loud out there but when I'm inside its a no-go if someone else is home unfortunately I like listening to metal whilst I'm cooking or cleaning or eating

Re: Favourite place to listen to metal The irony is that Satanists aren't even necessarily violent people. They're just angrier atheists half the time. I think if we're to compare the political aspirations of metalheads vs. rap-bumpers one will find that metalheads are much more interested in the nuance of the subject, whereas it's all 'f*ck da police' and other shallow nonsense with rap fans. I've got to say, that is one of my least favorite phrases... Anyhow, listening to metal in the kitchen while cooking is great until I start headbanging and bump into stuff. :D

Re: Favourite place to listen to metal Tell me Iceni since you seem to have some knowledge of Satanists - what's the deal? I mean, if they believe in Satan, then why would you worship him? Surely that just ensures that you are going to Hell? It's a question which has puzzled me for quite a while so if you know I would be grateful to know the answer. P.S. I'm liking your style on Rap lyrics - catches the smug, self-mortified, entitlement culture, facile crap most of them spend most of the time spouting! (Will.I.Am and Usher are nice people though).

Re: Favourite place to listen to metal there is a difference between Satanism and Devil-Worship, Satanists don't believe in a devil per se but believe we should indulge ourselves in the pleasures this world offers without concern for the outside world and it's views, they do however feel that it is not acceptale to harm an individual unless they either want you to or have wronged you in some way, for more info read the Satanic Bible, to me that seems more like ethical egoism then anything else but hey what do I know, it's the Devil Worshippers who praise Satan and engage in the ritualistic bullcrap often associated with Satanism and that I don't understand ps I am not a Satanist but I did find some parts of the Satanic Bible quite interesting

there is a difference between Satanism and Devil-Worship, Satanists don't believe in a devil per se but believe we should indulge ourselves in the pleasures this world offers without concern for the outside world and it's views, they do however feel that it is not acceptale to harm an individual unless they either want you to or have wronged you in some way, for more info read the Satanic Bible, to me that seems more like ethical egoism then anything else but hey what do I know, it's the Devil Worshippers who praise Satan and engage in the ritualistic bullcrap often associated with Satanism and that I don't understand ps I am not a Satanist but I did find some parts of the Satanic Bible quite interesting
What you're speaking of is the difference between theistic Satanism and atheistic Satanism. Atheistic satanists look at Satan (and his other historical/mythological emanations and allegories like Prometheus) as more of a concept to be followed than a deity to be worshiped, feeling that self-worship and self-cultivation are the ways to embody Satan. Theistic satanists come in many varieties, but believe in Satan or another of the allegorical figures that rebel against God/the Gods. There's plenty of info to be found in various places, and while I don't believe any of it, it's quite fascinating to study their philosophy.

Re: Favourite place to listen to metal again I reiterate that atheistic Satanism seems to me at least like ethical egoism, the goals are essentially the same in that they promote the self above the community at large, I suppose really the only difference is that the Satanist in this case does have some boundaries whereas the sole goal of the ethical egoist is to do whatever he pleases in order to make himself feel good

• 4 months later...

Re: Favourite place to listen to metal I could so easily make a joke about that, my favourite (and the best) place to listen to metal is wherevver I am when listening to it, since I'm really sick atm that means my bedroom also my favourite type of metal is whatever I'm listening to at the time, so right now that's death metal

• 2 weeks later...

Everywhere possible' date=' but my favourite place, and this may be quite cliché, is in a forest.[/quote'] Yes, but that doesn't mean it's not cool. I love listening to Dark Tranquillity whilst walking though streets on a cold night.

• 2 months later...

Everywhere :) But ok, let's see... Power/symphonic while riding in a car near the fields and mountains (there is some "epicness" in it, I can almost see armies and creatures running/flying, lol)... Heavy when walking to the town for example (gives me energy), thrash at some gatherings. Gothic/symphonic black in some good "dark" club (museums and castles would be nice as well, but I've never tried it), at home while getting ready to go somewhere in the evening or stay with my books and a glass of red wine. And good old Sirenia at the sea shore is obligatory :)

Everywhere :) But ok' date=' let's see... Power/symphonic while riding in a car near the fields and mountains (there is some "epicness" in it, I can almost see armies and creatures running/flying, lol)... Heavy when walking to the town for example (gives me energy), thrash at some gatherings. Gothic/symphonic black in some good "dark" club (museums and castles would be nice as well, but I've never tried it), at home while getting ready to go somewhere in the evening or stay with my books and a glass of red wine. And good old Sirenia at the sea shore is obligatory :)[/quote'] I agree. Just like music in general the sub genres of Metal have their best situations to be played in. If your feeling epic then some epic metal will amplify those feelings etc. Well put. :-)

Sometimes in bed' date=' just before sleep, where their is nothing to interupt the sheer epicness![/quote'] Except rolling over and squashing one of your headphones into your ears all wonky. Trust me, I've had this happen a lot. I also love listening to metal at the bus stop and headbanging. Gives you a wide berth. :P