New Purchases/Acquisitions

BlutAusNerd

New Purchases/Acquisitions

Cool! I love effects in the right spot, I just hate dealing with pedals. It feels like every single one of them magnifies the amount of shit that can go wrong onstage. Plus I'm usually doing vocals and I need my channel switching to be easy and quick. I'd love to be able to set patches, that was the one thing I liked about using the Line 6 amp. I have to say I fucking love my Turbo Tuner, it's really quick and easy to read, true bypass, accurate enough to set intonation... Edit - I need a good footswitch, the EHX lets a bit of signal through both channels, producing terrible sounds at times. I've considered getting a looper for vocals when I have the money, anything you'd recommend?
A looper for vocals? I've used the Jamman which has the xlr input which is handy. The Boss footswitch is very reliable. I totally understand the logic behind shit going wrong the more things you add. That's why I sometimes miss my M9. Decent multi effects and a looper. Ive owned two and wish I kept one though I have a Digitech RP 360 XL that's pretty cool.

A looper for vocals? I've used the Jamman which has the xlr input which is handy. The Boss footswitch is very reliable. I totally understand the logic behind shit going wrong the more things you add. That's why I sometimes miss my M9. Decent multi effects and a looper. Be owned two and wish I kept one though I have a Digitech RP 360 XL that's pretty cool.
Cool, thanks! Maybe I can find a Jam Man used and mess around with it. My budget is non-existent right now, but I'm hoping to be able to add something meaningful to this group that asked me to do vocals. I like doing overlapping and layered vocals in my recordings, and if I could bring some of that to the live performance, I'd be really happy.

"Haze"' date=' huh... I had to look that one up. I'm not into any of these newer budget Marshalls. I don't get why they discontinued the JCM series, I suppose so they could sell good amps at boutique prices and take a bigger bite out of the entry level market? I know a dude that uses an Engl, sounds great, though I've never played through one. For cheaper amps that sound good, I've been impressed with Peavey and some Blackstar amps, though if you have the money to do better, you should.[/quote'] I've considered Blackstar. We'll see. I really love the way Engls sound but they are expensive. Oh and I agree about Marshall. I was convinced to buy that amp and have regretted it pretty much ever since.

It's not my thing' date=' but I don't think it's a bad-looking guitar, either. I mean, I'm into Explorers... but seeing a kind of scruffy old European death/thrash outfit take the stage with completely matching instruments struck me as hilarious. And their drummer was wearing leather pants...[/quote'] I actually think Triptykon uses all Iceman guitars, including the bass... Haha. Tom has pretty much always used that shape though. He has an awesome HR Giger design on his though.

I actually think Triptykon uses all Iceman guitars' date=' including the bass... Haha. Tom has pretty much always used that shape though. He has an awesome HR Giger design on his though.[/quote'] Oh man, it's a trend among aging European metal guys with thinning hair... soon older American bands will be adopting the "full Iceman" in a bid for legitimacy. I guess it's not surprising that Thomas Gabriel Warrior would use the Kiss guitar, all things considered. Nope, I've never been able to get into them.

Oh man, it's a trend among aging European metal guys with thinning hair... soon older American bands will be adopting the "full Iceman" in a bid for legitimacy. I guess it's not surprising that Thomas Gabriel Warrior would use the Kiss guitar, all things considered.
Somehow it doesn't seem that silly with them. Also I've been looking at some pictures and the bassist doesn't always play the Iceman. Sometimes she plays some other more traditionally shaped instrument. But the whole "uniform band" thing does seem like something Tom would be in to.

I'm not huge on pedals. I just use a distortion because I dislike the way my amp's distortion sounds.
I don't currently use any pedals at all, but I will at least need a distortion pedal before we start playing live again so that I can go from clean to distorted on demand. I didn't like my amp's distortion a ton with my last guitar, but I guess playing a Gibson makes everything sound better. Mike and I still use Crate solid state amps, which are decent for the price, but I would still very much like to upgrade when more funds become available. I'm not a gear head, I have no idea where to start, I may just have to try a few things to see how they work out.

I don't currently use any pedals at all' date=' but I will at least need a distortion pedal before we start playing live again so that I can go from clean to distorted on demand. I didn't like my amp's distortion a ton with my last guitar, but I guess playing a Gibson makes everything sound better. Mike and I still use Crate solid state amps, which are decent for the price, but I would still very much like to upgrade when more funds become available. I'm not a gear head, I have no idea where to start, I may just have to try a few things to see how they work out.[/quote'] I have to be honest, I think Crate stuff sucks. I've owned several. IMO you can do way better. Try to find a two channel amp with good natural distortion so you're not stuck with a pedal (although depending on the sound you want and the kind of amp you get, a pedal or two might be necessary). There are so many options. Don't get sold on a name, play everything you can find, and be aware that a good sound at a certain volume through a certain cabinet has nothing to do with how it'll sound cranked in a room with other instruments. I know you probably know that already...