New Purchases/Acquisitions

BlutAusNerd

Yesterday the following LPs came in the mail from Hell's Headbangers:

Destroyer 666 "Phoenix Rising"
Panopticon "Social Disservices"
Cemetery Lust "Screams of the Violated"
Drudkh "A Furrow Cut Short"
Rotting Christ "The Heretics"

So I listened to them all yesterday afternoon and as of right now, I think I'm going to be hanging on to them. They're all pretty solid albums.

Bought my first ever metal hoodie today. (I've always worn plain unbranded hoodies) My friend Cody, the guitar player from Afterbirth said at the show they played on Long Island this last Saturday opening for Suffocation & Internal Bleeding those two bands selfishly hogged up all the space on the merch tables and wouldn't let them have any table space for their shit. So instead of confronting them about it he just brought it all home and put it up for sale on their Bandcamp page this morning. He texted our little group that they were going live any minute so a few of us ordered ours straight away and within the hour he had packed them up and said he was headed out to the P.O. So it should be here in a few days, he only lives about 100 miles away.

https://afterbirthnydeathmetal.bandcamp.com/merch/heather-grey-zipper-hoodie

Heather Grey Zipper Hoodie main photo

I do have a whole bunch of them, but I don't always feel the need to wear one every day to broadcast my metal afiliations like a lot of people I know do. And from October til April when it's cold if I have one on I usually have a couple of layers of regular clothes over it, flannels or sweatshirts or sweaters. Definitely not one of those always in a band shirt guys.

I started feeling more comfortable in plain clothing years ago and mostly stopped buying band shirts. Not really sure why. I'll still buy the occasional t-shirt at a show, but nearly all of my shirts have disintegrated. Most of what I have left is for stuff I've worked on. Not very representative of my listening habits but it's neat to have them as keepsakes. Coincidentally wearing my Afterbirth "Four Dimensional Flesh" t-shirt right now, though. All I've been buying lately is downloads. The latest few were:

Plebeian Grandstand - Rien Ne Suffit

Circle Of Ouroborus - Kiromantia

Worm - Foreverglade

Kayo Dot - Moss Grew On The Swords And Plowshares Alike

Droid - Terrestrial Mutations

Tigran Hamasyan - Luys I Luso

Wearing a band T-shirt or not depends on what I'm up to - and the weather. I have a Terra Tenabrosa shirt that I have never worn because my wife hates the cuckoo.

I have never worn a band T-shirt to work either, but that is no longer an issue since - and here is the big news I hinted at a few weeks ago, GG - I saw my last patient 2 days ago and will be retired at the end of the month. I am past official retirement age at 66 and I should think that would officially make me the Oldest Bastard here.

Wow I really feel out in the cold, I've never had a metal hoodie. I have considered them but always figured they'd be a waste of money for me because I just don't like long sleeves. Perth band Allegiance sent me a few long sleeve shirts in the 90's when the released their debut album and they are all in perfect nick because I've never worn them. Over the years I've had a lot of band shirts, mostly tour ones, and I still have a few in the drawer, but I don't wear them much. At the moment I'm wearing a Mario Kart t-shirt...I'm so metal!!

I've never had a metal hoodie either. There isn't really much opportunity to wear hoodies considering that I live in Southwest Florida. I have a lot of band shirts, some metal bands, some hardcore bands. I wanted to get both a Graveland and a Burzum "Filosofem" shirt, but I can't find ones that aren't XXL and that's simply too big for me.

Just put in another order from Hell's Headbangers today:

Slayer "Hell Awaits" (orange/black vinyl)

Destroyer 666 "Cold Steel for an Iron Age" (Red /black marbled vinyl)
                         "Wildfire" (Black vinyl)
Setherial "Ekpyrosis" (Black vinyl... I had Endtime Divine when I was a kid and loved it!)

Nekrofilth "Worm Ritual" (Black/Green swirl vinyl... I have the "Love Me Like A Reptile" 7" and absolutely love these guys brand of dirty, depraved, violent crossover thrash/death metal)

On 11/18/2021 at 9:58 AM, Thatguy said:

Wearing a band T-shirt or not depends on what I'm up to - and the weather. I have a Terra Tenabrosa shirt that I have never worn because my wife hates the cuckoo.

I have never worn a band T-shirt to work either, but that is no longer an issue since - and here is the big news I hinted at a few weeks ago, GG - I saw my last patient 2 days ago and will be retired at the end of the month. I am past official retirement age at 66 and I should think that would officially make me the Oldest Bastard here.

Wow, congratulations.  I hope you have plenty of hobbies to keep you busy!

----

I've worn metal tops to work on 1-2 occasions when there's been no one there.

A few random goodies of late:

Wearing a new band shirt tonight: Recluse - Stillbirth in Bethlehem bought directly from Mr McSorley himself. My wife hates it, so it's perfect for the holiday dinner.

Opeth tour shirt from the other night

Napalm Death tour shirt from last week

A few vinyl

Circle of Ouroborus - Kiromantia

Dead Man Winter - Furnace

Dave Simonette - Red Tail

A few CDs

Mastodon - Hushed and Grim

Cult of Eibon - Black Flame Dominion

Key - Birch Skeletons, Skin Lanterns & Lake of Stars

Frozen Soul - Crypt of Ice

Nekromantheon - Rise, Vulcan Spectre on vinyl

Dropkick Murphys T-shirt

Metallica - Metal Up Your Ass, woven patch

Anniversary haul:

Three Ships - South African Single Malt Whisky

Kraken Black Spiced Rum - in some luminescent blue bottle

Selection of shot drinking horns in a wooden holder (see above two entries)

Bandcamp splurge:

Wolves in the Throne Room - Primordial Arcana

Primordial Serpent - Hail The Serpent

Inferno - Paradeigma

Chain Cult - Shallow Grave

Vomit Spell - Vomit Spell

Archgoat - Worship the Eternal Darkness

Albionic Hermeticism - Psalms to the Father

Recluse - Stillbirth in Bethlehem & The Black Famine

Rahu - S/t & The Quest for the Vajra of Shadows

Plus a few others:

Ancestral Shadows - Eldritch Illuminations

Concrete Winds - Nerve Butcherer

Nekromantheon is a favorite of mine nice pick up!

Also, I have exactly 1 metal hoodie and a random collection of shirts. Its just about hoodie weather in San Diego now but really can't justify buying more for what they cost. I'm with Thatguy the wife is about to draw the line with merch, with the exception of going to shows that is. A.S.M. playing next weekend so who knows i might end up with another hoodie but minimum another tshirt. 

11 hours ago, Hungarino said:

Nekromantheon is a favorite of mine nice pick up!

Also, I have exactly 1 metal hoodie and a random collection of shirts. Its just about hoodie weather in San Diego now but really can't justify buying more for what they cost. I'm with Thatguy the wife is about to draw the line with merch, with the exception of going to shows that is. A.S.M. playing next weekend so who knows i might end up with another hoodie but minimum another tshirt. 

I don't think I ever broke out a sweatshirt or hoodie when I lived in SD. Maybe a long sleeve to throw on in the morning on the way to the beach. Maybe post wetsuit depending on how early in the day it was. Coastal Eddie can make things a little cool first thing, but not quite sweatshirt level in my book.

On 12/6/2021 at 8:27 AM, navybsn said:

I don't think I ever broke out a sweatshirt or hoodie when I lived in SD. Maybe a long sleeve to throw on in the morning on the way to the beach. Maybe post wetsuit depending on how early in the day it was. Coastal Eddie can make things a little cool first thing, but not quite sweatshirt level in my book.

I am guessing this was before you moved to Florida? I bet if you cam back for a SD winter you would need a parka. It gets pretty cold here - 50's at night. Hoodies are the best wardrobe item because they can go with shorts or pants, built in head coverage. But for me its got to be 1 solid color. I will occasionally wear my AKHYLS hoodie but its definitely a different vibe.

I was usually on night shift at the hospital if I was out at night. We also lived in Tierrasanta where it was a bit warmer than closer down by the beach. I probably did bust out a sweatshirt now and then, but it's been 10 years since I was there and details fade. I do miss SD, especially the weather. The fires, traffic, cost of living maybe not so much.

And hell, when it gets in the low 60's in Florida I'm in a parka and building a bonfire, so you're right.

3 hours ago, Hungarino said:

I am guessing this was before you moved to Florida? I bet if you cam back for a SD winter you would need a parka. It gets pretty cold here - 50's at night. Hoodies are the best wardrobe item because they can go with shorts or pants, built in head coverage. But for me its got to be 1 solid color. I will occasionally wear my AKHYLS hoodie but its definitely a different vibe.