New Purchases/Acquisitions

BlutAusNerd

20 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

QUEEN - Tenement Funster (BBC Session Recordings 1974)

This is the least-sounding Queen song I've heard. Not even Freddie sounds like himself. I agree that somewhere deep inside Queen rested a wicked NWOBHM band. Just listen to Stone cold crazy, Keep yourself alive, Great King Rat, and The Hitman. I've always wanted to hear an epic prog/doom cover of Innuendo. That one is definitely one of my top 5 Queen ongs.

Queen - Innuendo

Since I don't speak the queens english, what's a tenement funster? Sounds like a pun.

3 hours ago, Sheol said:

This is the least-sounding Queen song I've heard. Not even Freddie sounds like himself. 

Since I don't speak the queens english, what's a tenement funster? Sounds like a pun.

Well Johan, a tenement is a shitty run down old apartment building. A funster is someone who likes to have fun.

And I'll assume you're taking the piss because clearly Freddie didn't sing that song, Roger did.

Blaze bailey tickets to his UK tour at Bedford uk. Something to look forward to on the day I hit 40. 

On 4/7/2022 at 11:02 PM, navybsn said:

I don't buy comps anymore mainly because I have Spotify. Playlist bands are perfect for Spotify.

My parents always said comps are disjointed because there mixing music from potentially a big period of time and it's just going to sound not as good as getting the bands best album/s. I agree with them. I don't buy compilation albums any more. Also comps miss those tracks that are not so famous but in my experience I enjoy more than the big hits. 

Compilations can be good for getting into a band though. Many a time I've found a compilation of a band I didn't know sitting in the $5 bin at the record shop, at full price I wouldn't think about buying it but for $5 anything is possible. There was also a time where some albums came with label compilations, I have three Motorhead albums with GWR (I think) compilations of bands on that label. Sure the internet makes it easier to find all those bands but getting something free or next to nothing isn't a bad thing.

Another good compilation idea is a forum based compilation game. It's been done plenty of times on other forums but the gist is users submit a theme based song to one person, that person makes a YT playlist, everyone listens and rates each song, including their own. It can be secret, or open nominated, both works. It does require someone with a YT account and a little bit of effort form users, but it can be a fun game adding a new aspect to compilation albums.

Defo on a roll picking up bands that I grew up with albums I've either owned or never got around to back in the day.

The Kiss nostalgia continues. I remember back in the day, Kiss put out their first and massive selling Alive album because they felt that they weren't able to capture the excitement of their live shows. The Alive albums have been criticized for not being really live with a lot of overdubs. For instance Paul Stanley's vocals are obviously layered but if you thought those early Kiss albums were bubble gum or as my wife calls them, my "pussy music", both Alive and Alive absolutely show what a tight hard rock unit they were despite or notwithstanding the theatrics. Alive II, in particular really showcases Ace frehley's lead work, a guy who never really got that much respect seems to me. For some reason, I never listened to the Alive albums when they came out. And, in fact, do like those early studio albums as fun rock and roll albums. 

Today in the mail

Kiss/Dressed to Kill-their third album from 75 with less known hits and a sleeper for sure. 

Kiss/Destroyer-felt by many as their best early era album in 76

Waiting on Rock and Roll All Over also from 76 then all that's left for me would be Love Gun.

And continuing filling the holes in My Motorhead collection, came today-

Motorhead/Iron Fist (82)

Motorhead/Orgasmatron (86)

The only album left would be Bomber and I'm a bit on the fence since as GG said, I have the better songs on that one already on No Remorse. 

Then,  my move will be to finally grab some proper Queen albums and some Scorpions....

My short wish list for now is:

Queen/Night at the Opera

Queen/Sheet Heart Attack

Might pick up Jazz as well, had that on vinyl at one point

Scorpions/Love Drive

Scorpions/Animal Magnetism

Scorpions/Black Out-one of my favorites from the day

Scorpions/Love at First Sting

3 hours ago, markm said:

Defo on a roll picking up bands that I grew up with albums I've either owned or never got around to back in the day.

The Kiss nostalgia continues. I remember back in the day, Kiss put out their first and massive selling Alive album because they felt that they weren't able to capture the excitement of their live shows. The Alive albums have been criticized for not being really live with a lot of overdubs. For instance Paul Stanley's vocals are obviously layered but if you thought those early Kiss albums were bubble gum or as my wife calls them, my "pussy music", both Alive and Alive absolutely show what a tight hard rock unit they were despite or notwithstanding the theatrics. Alive II, in particular really showcases Ace frehley's lead work, a guy who never really got that much respect seems to me. For some reason, I never listened to the Alive albums when they came out. And, in fact, do like those early studio albums as fun rock and roll albums. 

Today in the mail

Kiss/Dressed to Kill-their third album from 75 with less known hits and a sleeper for sure. 

Kiss/Destroyer-felt by many as their best early era album in 76

Waiting on Rock and Roll All Over also from 76 then all that's left for me would be Love Gun.

And continuing filling the holes in My Motorhead collection, came today-

Motorhead/Iron Fist (82)

Motorhead/Orgasmatron (86)

The only album left would be Bomber and I'm a bit on the fence since as GG said, I have the better songs on that one already on No Remorse. 

Then,  my move will be to finally grab some proper Queen albums and some Scorpions....

My short wish list for now is:

Queen/Night at the Opera

Queen/Sheet Heart Attack

Might pick up Jazz as well, had that on vinyl at one point

Scorpions/Love Drive

Scorpions/Animal Magnetism

Scorpions/Black Out-one of my favorites from the day

Scorpions/Love at First Sting

Pick up The Tokyo Tapes while you are at it. Definitely a great early Scorpions album.

14 minutes ago, KillaKukumba said:

Picked up Destruction's new album today. It's probably on a par with Born To Perish, but it's not as good as their 80's output.

I flirted with the idea of getting this but since I got duped by Spiritual Genocide just to get their anniversary patch for my vest I feel this may just be limited to a Spotify/Amazon stream in the first instance.  That having been said the last Exodus turned out to be a banger so who knows?

30 minutes ago, KillaKukumba said:

Picked up Destruction's new album today. It's probably on a par with Born to Perish, but it's not as good as their 80's output.

Took a little listen to Diabolical for curiosity's sake, but I didn't make it too far, just a few tracks. Sounds very soulless, generic and homogenized to me. Funny the early records had a thin shitty production which always bothered me back then. But looking back now, at least they sounded like a real band. This is no 'Eternal Devastation' and it's not even a 'The Antichrist' but it is a lot better than Human Cannonball at least, I'll give it that. Never heard Perish so I can't compare.

Guess I'll have to give the new Exodus a whirl too one of these days since ME says it's a banger.

It's certainly not going to win any new fans, but I'm pretty sure these guys don't give a shit about new fans, at least they certainly didn't when Schirmer made his stupid statement that he didn't care about getting back on stage during the pandemic because the government paid him to stay home and any band not like his was stupid.

4 hours ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Hello heavy metal Dave. Hope you're doing great. I am as I I've got blaze tickets to a gig later this year. Thanks for the tip off he was touring this year. I wouldn't have checked so thanks dude.👍 

Hey Sweets, have you got all your knickers organized into the ones you'd like to keep and the ones you think you could spare to lob up onto the stage? I hear that Blaze is quite an attractive man. He radiates sex appeal.

The story of Iron Maiden's forgotten man | Louder

Kiss/Destroyer

Motorhead/Inferno-with the possible exception of Bomber that completes my new old Motorhead pick ups -1916, Inferno, Orgasmatron, and Iron Fist-what a solid group of grizzled bangers proving that more of a good thing is in fact, very good. At the moment special props to 1916 and Orgasmatron. 

Usually I find remasters, reissues and the like with bonus discs a waste and simply a money grab when all I want is the original studio album,  but the Orgasmatron Deluxe double disc I ended up with (first thing that came up on an Amazon search) has some very good live tracks from something called The Kerrang! Wooargh Weekender (1981) that rips. 

Zack got me started on a little Darkthrone thing here tonight because I do love The Cult is Alive, but now Mark might have me throwing on Bomber again here in a sec. Not sure why I'm so suggestible lately. They are two bands that are shoo-ins for my top 10 bands of all time so it's not like you've gotta twist my arm. Had a bit of a Motörhead marathon over the weekend though so I might be all Motörheaded out for now. Maybe I'll  go in another direction.

SKUMSTRIKE - Deadly Intrusions, Montreal, instant purchase

PUFFER - DEMO, Brooklyn, instant purchase

DENIM - No Remorse, Austria, still thinking about this one

On 4/12/2022 at 2:55 AM, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Hey Sweets, have you got all your knickers organized into the ones you'd like to keep and the ones you think you could spare to lob up onto the stage? I hear that Blaze is quite an attractive man. He radiates sex appeal.

The story of Iron Maiden's forgotten man | Louder

In all fairness I'm more concerned about gig location as it's very close to the most dangerous street in that town. Getting mugged on my birthday doesn't sound great. 

Tbh I probably have these comments coming with how much I big up blaze, just a fan of his dramatic style of singing. Honest😂 

Also what program do you use to get pictures small enough to post a picture. I've tried and failed to post pictures alot of times

4 minutes ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Also what program do you use to get pictures small enough to post a picture. I've tried and failed to post pictures alot of times

Just copy and paste the image url. It should embed automatically. If it's one of your own pictures you can put it on Imgur or something and then paste the image url they give you.

2 hours ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

In all fairness I'm more concerned about gig location as it's very close to the most dangerous street in that town. Getting mugged on my birthday doesn't sound great. 

Tbh I probably have these comments coming with how much I big up blaze, just a fan of his dramatic style of singing. Honest😂 

Thin Lizzy - Toughest street in town

I listened to a little bit of Virtual XI the other night when you said you were going to see Blayze because I had honestly never heard him sing. I was aghast. Vox were so bad I almost wanted to cry in empathy for the band's embarrassment. My disdain for Dickenson is legendary, but in this case I'd hafta say Harris did the right thing by bringing Brucie back into the fold. But don't let me sway you, you do you bruv, you bring those wadded up knickers in your pocket and you lob them up on stage with your head held high!