New Purchases/Acquisitions

BlutAusNerd

On 1/25/2022 at 9:27 PM, H34VYM3T4LD4V3 said:

Just seen this mate, I think the X Factor album is amazing, incredibly underrated, it's between that and his Solo album The Man Who Would Not Die as to my favourite material of his, overall I think i'd probably pick his Solo stuff over his 2 Maiden albums although Virtual XI and X Factor have some awesome material on them.

Good to hear from you bud.

what is happening to me.😁 The X factor is growing on me. Love that opening track. Never thought I'd say that. I like the solo stuff I've heard even more. I'm surprised the music's beating my expectations. I can see why he got the iron maiden job in first place because he's got that sound. He cant do the long power notes to my ears as good as Bruce can but he excels bruce at some of the other notes. To my ears at least.  😁  Overall I think Bruce is better fit for maiden. However I'd agree blaze is definitely underated.  Might look for there tour dates as I bet it's good live. Have you seen blaze live. 

Also blaze bailey is way more metal name I reckon than Bruce Dickinson. Just saying

3 hours ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Good to hear from you bud.

what is happening to me.😁 The X factor is growing on me. Love that opening track. Never thought I'd say that. I like the solo stuff I've heard even more. I'm surprised the music's beating my expectations. I can see why he got the iron maiden job in first place because he's got that sound. He cant do the long power notes to my ears as good as Bruce can but he excels bruce at some of the other notes. To my ears at least.  😁  Overall I think Bruce is better fit for maiden. However I'd agree blaze is definitely underated.  Might look for there tour dates as I bet it's good live. Have you seen blaze live. 

Also blaze bailey is way more metal name I reckon than Bruce Dickinson. Just saying

Thanks mate! Good to hear from you too, 

I never used to be a big fan of the X Factor album, but the first time I heard Sign of the Cross it blew me away, got to be a top 10 maiden track for me for sure.

His Solo stuff is brilliant and I love his voice, took ne a lil while to get used to it but his voice is very powerful in the lower ranges, Bruce is for sure a better fit for Maiden in general but for the material and the time that Steve Harris and the band were goi through at that time Blaze was a perfect fit, as The X Factor was a very dark gloomy sounding album.

and yes I have seen Blaze live!! It was fantastic his band is awesome the sound was amazing, was great as I also got to see KK and Ripper perform just before they actually formed Kk’s Priest! I even got to meet Blaze himself and he was an absolute gent I told him how I loved his albums with Maiden and he said he appreciated it and we talked about his solo albums how I love The Man Who Would Not Die :D here is my pic with Blaze!

https://imgur.com/a/zSFAhGc

Also Blaze Bayley is definitely a more metal name that Bruce Dickinson. However @KillaKukumba Bruce Bruce does indeed trump Blaze’s name for “metalness” 😂😂😂

I tend to agree that Blaze fitted with Maiden at that time. Maiden write well for Bruce and his singing but during those years where Blaze was singing it was darker and fitted Blaze well. I guess that shows how adaptable Steve is, either that or it was sheer luck :)

I like the fact that Blaze and Maiden can still talk about their years together. So many bands go through splits and end up in years of fighting or shitting on each others. Then you have bands like Anthrax where Joey rarely sings any of the Bush era songs despite them being some of the best the band released. (Not that Joey's voice, as good as he is, suits all the Bush songs). Maiden have had some angry words between them over the years but in general they are well spoken about each other.

I was listening to TMWWND on YT last night, you're not wrong about his voice, the guy has some great range and power.

5 minutes ago, JamesT said:

Ah man, no way!  Dude, I'm incredibly jealous!  A fantastic album; not a bad song on it!  The artwork is pretty awesome, too.

Aw mate hahahah, it’s thanks to you I checked it out, not listened to it yet i’ll give it a spin tomorrow when the CD arrives and I’ll let you know what I think 🤪🤪🤪

44 minutes ago, H34VYM3T4LD4V3 said:

Aw mate hahahah, it’s thanks to you I checked it out, not listened to it yet i’ll give it a spin tomorrow when the CD arrives and I’ll let you know what I think 🤪🤪🤪

Man, that's awesome!  You're in for a great experience listening to this beast of an album.  The musicianship is fantastic, and the production is crystal clear.  A great album to kick up your feet and let the wonderful thrash-y goodness sweep you away!!

3 hours ago, KillaKukumba said:

I tend to agree that Blaze fitted with Maiden at that time. Maiden write well for Bruce and his singing but during those years where Blaze was singing it was darker and fitted Blaze well. I guess that shows how adaptable Steve is, either that or it was sheer luck :)

I like the fact that Blaze and Maiden can still talk about their years together. So many bands go through splits and end up in years of fighting or shitting on each others. Then you have bands like Anthrax where Joey rarely sings any of the Bush era songs despite them being some of the best the band released. (Not that Joey's voice, as good as he is, suits all the Bush songs). Maiden have had some angry words between them over the years but in general they are well spoken about each other.

I was listening to TMWWND on YT last night, you're not wrong about his voice, the guy has some great range and power.

I've always preferred Bush over Belladonna. Anthrax's songwriting has always been hit or miss at best, but I don't think they could have really taken advantage of Bush. Sound of White Noise and Stomp 442 have good songs and a bunch of filler. What they have always needed was a decent songwriter. I'll take Testament or Exodus over Anthrax all day and twice on Tuesday.

I think Joey's singing in the early days was great, and I give him credit now, he's doing better than I could, but age has wearied him. His first solo album was everything Anthrax should have been at the time because Sound Of White Noise was not the same Anthrax that released Persistence or Among it was almost like they were trying to follow Metallica and go softer for the cash grab. However I do think White Noise is a great album, and Bush is an amazing singer who has proved his worth through years of Armored Saint. I agree that Anthrax need a better song writer, Scott and Charlie are not as good as they think they are and they haven't written anything that good in years.

I certainly don't listen to Anthrax as much as I listen to bands like Testament and Exodus either.

4 hours ago, KillaKukumba said:

Sorry didn’t notice this post earlier!

Yeah I agree with everything you said, tbh Steve did a really good job on The X factor album with adapting the material with Blaze, not so much on Virtual XI on a couple songs though.

It’s nice that they are on good terms, I agree that its a shame when bands end up having bad blood like Venom for example.

Also on another note I really like John Bush! My fave song with him is Random Acts of Senseless Violence. Armored Saint are a great band also.

And i’m glad you like TMWWND! He does definitely have a powerful voice he has about 6 lungs hahaha, love his voice and range bit different to what were used to with Bruce Bruce, and I know as you mentioned on the What are you listening to thread you aren’t a big fan of his lyrics, I can see why somewhat, I think the main problem is the songs on that album are probably a little bit longer than they should be, and maybe slightly repetitive.

I listened to another Blaze album last night, Promise and Terror and really liked it! So if you want give that a listen, I thoroughly enjoyed it 🤘

The difference between Bruce and Blaze is something I think Maiden needed. They didn't pretend one was the other, they produced different music for each and both of them are amazing but differently amazing.

I don't dislike Blaze's lyrics I just think they were often repetitive on the first album, as you say that could be that the songs could have been shorter. I'm actually listening to Promise And Terror now and I do think his lyrics have improved, he doesn't seem to have the filler, he even seems like he's singing a little deeper, although it could be the shitty YT sound.

14 hours ago, KillaKukumba said:

The difference between Bruce and Blaze is something I think Maiden needed. They didn't pretend one was the other, they produced different music for each and both of them are amazing but differently amazing.

I don't dislike Blaze's lyrics I just think they were often repetitive on the first album, as you say that could be that the songs could have been shorter. I'm actually listening to Promise And Terror now and I do think his lyrics have improved, he doesn't seem to have the filler, he even seems like he's singing a little deeper, although it could be the shitty YT sound.

I definitely agree they needed someone different like Blaze at the time, suited the style more and I think that The Sign of the Cross is much better with Blaze than with Bruce, its like his song.

Yeah the Promise and Terror album is awesome, to be honest I think his voice is a bit deeper on that album, I Especially enjoy the songs Watching the Night Sky, Faceless and Letting Go of the World.

14 minutes ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Iron maiden- the X factor

definitely I prefer this to that talent contest. 

Hahahaha, I hate that I get reminded of that rubbish when I see the X Factor album lol, hope you enjoy :D

3 hours ago, H34VYM3T4LD4V3 said:

Yeah the Promise and Terror album is awesome, to be honest I think his voice is a bit deeper on that album, I Especially enjoy the songs Watching the Night Sky, Faceless and Letting Go of the World.

He's got some really great music in his back catalogue. The King Of Metal was a bit of a twist, not as rocking, but the lyrics seemed a bit deeper. His Dimebag tribute is a really interesting and memorable song.

On 1/27/2022 at 8:41 PM, H34VYM3T4LD4V3 said:

Thanks mate! Good to hear from you too, 

I never used to be a big fan of the X Factor album, but the first time I heard Sign of the Cross it blew me away, got to be a top 10 maiden track for me for sure.

His Solo stuff is brilliant and I love his voice, took ne a lil while to get used to it but his voice is very powerful in the lower ranges, Bruce is for sure a better fit for Maiden in general but for the material and the time that Steve Harris and the band were goi through at that time Blaze was a perfect fit, as The X Factor was a very dark gloomy sounding album.

and yes I have seen Blaze live!! It was fantastic his band is awesome the sound was amazing, was great as I also got to see KK and Ripper perform just before they actually formed Kk’s Priest! I even got to meet Blaze himself and he was an absolute gent I told him how I loved his albums with Maiden and he said he appreciated it and we talked about his solo albums how I love The Man Who Would Not Die :D here is my pic with Blaze!

https://imgur.com/a/zSFAhGc

Also Blaze Bayley is definitely a more metal name that Bruce Dickinson. However @KillaKukumba Bruce Bruce does indeed trump Blaze’s name for “metalness” 😂😂😂

It's me again dude😉

Cool picture with blaze🤘I looked up a tour but blaze is not playing near me so another time. That's cool seeing kk and ripper Owens. I've heard good things about there latest album

Dark gloomy album. Maybe that's why I like the X factor so much as most of my music is gloomy stuff. My wife has described me as most negative person she's ever met. Bit harsh 😁 2015 remaster sounds fantastic. Not heard the original version of X factor

SIgn of the crossThat epic final solo as well. So good. Apparently they play it live still so thats a mark of approval.  

Blaze bayley I agree was needed at the time and it worked certainly long run as there going still and there still producing well received albums which get good reviews which sell well. The tracks I've heard of the post blaze era I've liked alot. 

Blaze bayley is I think very metal name and Bruce Bruce has more metalness for sure😂

On 1/28/2022 at 5:11 PM, H34VYM3T4LD4V3 said:

Hahahaha, I hate that I get reminded of that rubbish when I see the X Factor album lol, hope you enjoy :D

Yeah I think X factor would have been better with blaze bayley presenting and metal music instead of pop music. First episode could have been Simon cowbell 🙂(more metalness name😂)being shown a front row centre seat and told to have fun or leave. Judges rob halford, Steve Harris, Ozzy 

I'd watch it. 😁

14 hours ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

It's me again dude😉

Cool picture with blaze🤘I looked up a tour but blaze is not playing near me so another time. That's cool seeing kk and ripper Owens. I've heard good things about there latest album

Dark gloomy album. Maybe that's why I like the X factor so much as most of my music is gloomy stuff. My wife has described me as most negative person she's ever met. Bit harsh 😁 2015 remaster sounds fantastic. Not heard the original version of X factor

SIgn of the crossThat epic final solo as well. So good. Apparently they play it live still so thats a mark of approval.  

Blaze bayley I agree was needed at the time and it worked certainly long run as there going still and there still producing well received albums which get good reviews which sell well. The tracks I've heard of the post blaze era I've liked alot. 

Blaze bayley is I think very metal name and Bruce Bruce has more metalness for sure😂

Yeah I think X factor would have been better with blaze bayley presenting and metal music instead of pop music. First episode could have been Simon cowbell 🙂(more metalness name😂)being shown a front row centre seat and told to have fun or leave. Judges rob halford, Steve Harris, Ozzy 

I'd watch it. 😁

Hey man 🤘

Thanks! I was super excited to meet him, I found out by the way that Blaze is gonna be touring with Wolfsbane next year, still not checked his stuff with them out yet, also i have a signed Vinyl and CD of the new KK’s Priest album Sermons of the Sinner, I like the album a lot, not as much as Jugulator but they’re making another album so 🤞

Yeah X Factor is especially dark sounding yet some of the songs make me fee happy, such as Sign of the Cross and Judgement of Heaven, you can really feel all sorts of emotion in the music.

The solo in Sign of the Cross is quite possibly my favourite solo of all time, also they do still play it live, I do however think that the song kinda belongs to Blaze, just fits him so well, still lovd Brucey though.

And yes as you said Blaze did pave the way for Maiden, a few of the songs from his era were used on Bruce’s comeback album Brave New World such as Dream of Mirrors, I think however i mostly prefer the Blaze era to the Post-blaze era, I do like Brave New World and Book Of Souls quite a lot though.

And hahaha Simon Cowbell 😂 your version of the show sounds amazing haha. I always hated how anything rock/metal related got relentlessly mocked from what i’ve seen on youtube 😡

On 1/31/2022 at 1:14 AM, H34VYM3T4LD4V3 said:

Hey man 🤘

Thanks! I was super excited to meet him, I found out by the way that Blaze is gonna be touring with Wolfsbane next year, still not checked his stuff with them out yet, also i have a signed Vinyl and CD of the new KK’s Priest album Sermons of the Sinner, I like the album a lot, not as much as Jugulator but they’re making another album so 🤞

Yeah X Factor is especially dark sounding yet some of the songs make me fee happy, such as Sign of the Cross and Judgement of Heaven, you can really feel all sorts of emotion in the music.

The solo in Sign of the Cross is quite possibly my favourite solo of all time, also they do still play it live, I do however think that the song kinda belongs to Blaze, just fits him so well, still lovd Brucey though.

And yes as you said Blaze did pave the way for Maiden, a few of the songs from his era were used on Bruce’s comeback album Brave New World such as Dream of Mirrors, I think however i mostly prefer the Blaze era to the Post-blaze era, I do like Brave New World and Book Of Souls quite a lot though.

And hahaha Simon Cowbell 😂 your version of the show sounds amazing haha. I always hated how anything rock/metal related got relentlessly mocked from what i’ve seen on youtube 😡

Exactly man. My version of X factor would be great or something on those lines.😁 I happened to watch masked singer when Justin Hawkins was on it from the darkness. I liked it for the 5-10 mins he was on screen. After that I changed the channel. I'd decided they'd peaked 😉 I was impressed there was a rock person on it. Next they need Rob halford😁 disguised as a .......... A angry giant tuna fish 🐟😂 

Thanks for info re blaze tour. I will note that down.vsigned kk priest stuff. 🤘 

It's good to know not all maiden fans think Bruce is there favourite singer. Dickinson is amazing singer and I think probably one of the best in metal.  Sometimes he's bit theatrical for my liking. Sometimes he's a bit perfect for me vocally.. Probably crazy saying that but blaze I like because it's not all perfect but when he's on it. So good 😁 . However I reckon it's obvious maiden would not be the force they are without Brucey d. 🤘

Interesting what you say re the X factor album.yeah I reckon there is plenty of light/dark bits. Which I like. ☺️