HOLLOW MIRRORS - II by HOLLOW MIRRORS
Summer Nights by Second∞Sight
Overheated Man by Pilot Voyager
Смирение (Humility) by Гробъ
Paimon - Offerings to the Great ... by Worm Moon Records
Holodomor by Morbid Cruelty
Mortal Coil by Dödsrit
Uprising I.I by Uprising

Amazon Music HD is great, but I really wish it had a filter to show albums in the order you added them, like BC.

9 hours ago, Hungarino said:
Revenant by Pestilential Shadows
HOLLOW MIRRORS - II by HOLLOW MIRRORS
Summer Nights by Second∞Sight
Overheated Man by Pilot Voyager
Смирение (Humility) by Гробъ
Paimon - Offerings to the Great ... by Worm Moon Records
Holodomor by Morbid Cruelty
Mortal Coil by Dödsrit
Uprising I.I by Uprising

Amazon Music HD is great, but I really wish it had a filter to show albums in the order you added them, like BC.

That Hollow Mirrors is weird but pretty cool. I've never really gotten into Amazon music. I have it, but I don't think I've bought more the 3-4 albums on it.  Is it better than Spotify?

3 hours ago, navybsn said:

That Hollow Mirrors is weird but pretty cool. I've never really gotten into Amazon music. I have it, but I don't think I've bought more the 3-4 albums on it.  Is it better than Spotify?

The HD subscription is $7.99 /mo and features HD and 'ultra HD' streaming quality, which is lossless hifi blah blah and since its Amazon they do have a bazillion titles and artists you would not expect - including very obscure satanic goat black metal, etc. So it has really kept me from buying albums on BC that I am in the fence about. 

I haven't been on Spotify in ages. From what I understand the streaming quality isn't tops, but the Playlist features are good and algorithms for finding new music are popular I think. Amazon is an adjustment but they are catching up with their stations. And I'm pretty sure the selection and streaming quality is as good or better than others. And they have deep catalogues, surprisingly deep in metal.

Btw I pulled Смирение (Humility) by Гробъ from your BC (not on Amazon, that one). Good stuff!

Obituary - Slowly We Rot on coloured vinyl.  Convinced this isn’t a remaster unlike the CD version I have.  Listenable Records have a track record for both represses and remasters of dm classics.  Owned this on vinyl back in the day and now I am having a proper mid-life crisis moment wondering if I should try and rebuild my vinyl collection of nearly 30 years ago.

skepticism's new one called companion. good funeral doom metal imo. orchestra bits improve  it imo 👍  still too extreme for alot lot of people id imagine. imagine them on x factor and the reaction theyd get.  😂 who else would get funny reaction from the crowd and the judges cannibal corpse. 

On 9/11/2021 at 8:38 AM, MacabreEternal said:

Obituary - Slowly We Rot on coloured vinyl.  Convinced this isn’t a remaster unlike the CD version I have.  Listenable Records have a track record for both represses and remasters of dm classics.  Owned this on vinyl back in the day and now I am having a proper mid-life crisis moment wondering if I should try and rebuild my vinyl collection of nearly 30 years ago.

I've acquired somewhere north of 200 vinyl over the past few years, but recently I've cooled off buying a bit. Somewhat because of cost, long delays in shipping, running low on storage, and less time to focus on listening. Digital is easier when you have less time. I've also found that many albums I have wanted lately don't have vinyl versions. I think the delay in production is really impacting decision making for quite a few bands.

Mostly though, it boils down to finances. I've less disposable income of late, and vinyl is the most expensive way to enjoy music. I'll never part with my collection/setup, but rewind a few years and I might have been better off spending the 10k on a high quality streaming rig.

20 hours ago, navybsn said:

I've acquired somewhere north of 200 vinyl over the past few years, but recently I've cooled off buying a bit. Somewhat because of cost, long delays in shipping, running low on storage, and less time to focus on listening. Digital is easier when you have less time. I've also found that many albums I have wanted lately don't have vinyl versions. I think the delay in production is really impacting decision making for quite a few bands.

Mostly though, it boils down to finances. I've less disposable income of late, and vinyl is the most expensive way to enjoy music. I'll never part with my collection/setup, but rewind a few years and I might have been better off spending the 10k on a high quality streaming rig.

I have gone the opposite way, more disposable income nowadays and less time on the road and in hotels making digital less of a need.  Getting a proper setup in my office/lair out of the need to just connect with music how I used to listen to it when I was discovering music as a teenager has also seen me be drawn back to vinyl also.

I agree though that in terms of convenience, physical formats are a fucking pain in the arse.  I don't have to get a brush out and dust a FLAC file with it or worry about disc damage (although some remasters qualify as thus before they even leave the store)

On 9/24/2021 at 3:01 PM, navybsn said:

hello navybsn ive got lack of space and money too. mostly space.  which is why digital editions are great for me. however cant get obituary slowly we rot digital edition so may just get the cd.

back in the day i bought vinyl as  2nd hand stuff was cheaper than cds at the time plus i was less picky about what i wanted. that is going back few years mind. 

3 minutes ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

hello navybsn ive got lack of space and money too. mostly space.  which is why digital editions are great for me. however cant get obituary slowly we rot digital edition so may just get the cd.

back in the day i bought vinyl as  2nd hand stuff was cheaper than cds at the time plus i was less picky about what i wanted. that is going back few years mind. 

I kinda alternate these days. If I find a vinyl I want for a decent price, I'll pick it up. I just find the number of albums I want I'm willing to pay that much for is dwindling. Gotta be something I really want. I rarely buy any new releases on vinyl. I just get burned too often (dull album, shipping issues, poor condition, long delays). I go digital on new stuff. I will pick up the cd if the price is relatively close to the download.

That SWR is one I might try to get. Love that album. Obituary always puts on a good show too.

8 hours ago, KillaKukumba said:

What's a decent price for vinyl in other places? In Australia many record stores want $20-30 (average) for most locally released CD's but vinyl is anything from about $30-70 even for single albums. Prices often seem to be based on name rather than anything else.

If you order from Amazon you’ll get most vinyl for £15-£20 here in the UK.  I prefer to go direct wherever possible which bumps the price usually, largely due to shipping.  Shipping can be as much as half the cost of the vinyl itself and so that’s where the rarity shopping gets done in the main.  

14 hours ago, KillaKukumba said:

What's a decent price for vinyl in other places? In Australia many record stores want $20-30 (average) for most locally released CD's but vinyl is anything from about $30-70 even for single albums. Prices often seem to be based on name rather than anything else.

About the same here in the US. Standard editions can be as low as $20, but the average is closer to $30. Special editions and doubles are $50-70. CDs are usually $10-15.

Last thing I bought was the Opeth - Morningrise reissue which was $40. I see lots of stuff I want from Europe on Discord, but shipping is prohibitive and would put prices closer to $80-100.

It's more of an inconvenience for me to play vinyl now days so I don't tend to look at the price for online, but last week in a physical store I was seeing 80's top 40 vinyl, no bonus stuff just the original albums for $52.00. They also had Senjitsu 3 smoke red LPs $140, (standard black $125, 2 CD $45), no extras. Metallica Black album remaster double $65, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath splatter vinyl $50 and AC/DC Back In Black was $58.00.

The local shop here does do free postage on vinyl, whereas postage from o/s thanks to the pandemic has been astronomical but I'm still weary of getting vinyl sent in this country given how terrible the postage service actually is and how they treat parcels.

30 to 70 Australian dollars is roughly $20 to $50 US. 50 AUD is $36 USD. So that pricing sounds about right from what my vinyl loving friends say they spend. $30 shipped give or take a few bucks seems typical for a garden variety release but obviously special shit can cost more. Imagine it could be a wee bit cheaper at an actual record store since there won't be any shipping involved but where the fuck are you gonna find one of those?

30ish years ago before vinyl sales died an LP was $20 and a CD being new technology was $30. When LP's died CD's dropped to between $20 and 25 for a standard release. Now CD's are about the same price and LP sales are dying dramatically because they are more than double the price of CD. People don't care about conversion rates on locally purchased items, they see double the price and walk away.

Currently in OZ because of the pandemic and so few flights from the US freight is at an all time high. Companies like DHL and UPS have actually stopped delivering to Australia until after christams because at our end the reliability of the service is so bad and they were sick of dealing with complaints. Many sellers/distros have worked this out and only offer services like USPS (or whatever the dearer service is) and I have priced some items like t-shirt with $170 postage fees. Europe is nearly as bad because the euro conversion is never great, but ordering something for a label like Nuclear Blast will incur a minimum $120 postage for something bigger than a CD.