New Purchases/Acquisitions

BlutAusNerd

On 7/7/2021 at 4:04 PM, navybsn said:

I've seen "battle Hawaiian shirts" at several shows in recent years. They look understandably stupid, but a t-shirt isn't too much of a stretch.

Heatwave....I have no sympathy for anyone north of Florida complaining about the heat. We deal with 90+ degree temps and 100% humidity 8-9 months a year, so welcome to my world. I've actually thought this year has been kind of mild which is funny because it's 95 here today in the shade. I guess I'm just immune after 45 years living with it and several trips to the sandbox where temps are over 100 in the dead of night and 115-120 in the day. I'll deal with heat before cold any day.

I would go with Butthole Surfers for the ass patch on my battle undies and of course Revolting Cocks and the front.

First of all fuck you right in the Butthole Surfers with your 95° heat and 100% humidity, why don'tcha keep that shit down there where it belongs. You can come get your daily evening thunderstorms too. If you don't like the heat then why don't you move? Us Yankee northerners live up here for a reason, because we can't handle that shit. One day I'll get so old and decrepit that I'll probably end up living with my daughter and the kids down in Florida and then I'll have to start campaigning hard for them to move farther north. Carolina or Virginia weather I could probably get used to and deal with if I had to but not Florida. No one could possibly like that shit, it forces you indoors to stay in the A/C as much as possible.  We had three days here this week working outside in the mid 90's heat and humidity and I thought I was gonna fucking die. Put three bags of ice in the cooler Wed morning and by lunchtime I had to go get more ice. 83° right now at 4:15 pm, and normally even that'd be too warm  for me but after all the extreme heat this week it's a welcome respite.

But anyway yeah Marko has a point, maybe I should try an Anal Cunt patch around back and confuse them.

Anal Cunt logo – Scythe Industries

Anal Cunt - Girls Logo 4x4" Printed Sticker

18 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

First of all fuck you right in the Butthole Surfers with your 95° heat and 100% humidity, why don'tcha keep that shit down there where it belongs. You can come get your daily evening thunderstorms too. If you don't like the heat then why don't you move? Us Yankee northerners live up here for a reason, because we can't handle that shit. One day I'll get so old and decrepit that I'll probably end up living with my daughter and the kids down in Florida and then I'll have to start campaigning hard for them to move farther north. Carolina or Virginia weather I could probably get used to and deal with if I had to but not Florida. No one could possibly like that shit, it forces you indoors to stay in the A/C as much as possible.  We had three days here this week working outside in the mid 90's heat and humidity and I thought I was gonna fucking die. Put three bags of ice in the cooler Wed morning and by lunchtime I had to go get more ice. 83° right now at 4:15 pm, and normally even that'd be too warm  for me but after all the extreme heat this week it's a welcome respite.

But anyway yeah Marko has a point, maybe I should try an Anal Cunt patch around back and confuse them.

Anal Cunt logo – Scythe Industries

Anal Cunt - Girls Logo 4x4" Printed Sticker

Which reminds me I owe you a nice seafood dinner next time you head this way to make up for the time I botched up your visit. I throw in some high dollar bourbon too.

5 minutes ago, MarkhantonioYeatts said:

....those V4s are exceptional studio monitors....how do you like that WA76 amp?....I've heard they are highly recommended....nice one, man....

Thanks! I'm using the WA76 for the first time now and I think it's great. I'm using the Pre-73 through the WA76 for the direct signal from my bass and it's the first time I've ever been psyched about a DI tone. I still need to dial things around a little, but it's awesome to be able to get this close to a solid sound in the mix without any plugins.

The other new thing here is the TB-12 preamp, which I have my cab mic running through now, and it sounds fantastic too. I liked what I had going before my old equipment crapped out, but I just AB'd the new recorded sound with the old one and this is noticeably better. More complex, more realistic, more natural-sounding. Now I just have to play better.

• 2 weeks later...
The Sign Of Darkness (LP 2018) by APOSTASY
Close To You by Kick Bong & Hardcore Buddhist
Unclean Spirit by UNCLEAN SPIRIT
Towards The Threshold Of Death by GOAT TYRANT
FOSSILIZATION - HE WHOSE NAME WA... by FOSSILIZATION
Disciples of Extremity Vol 9 by Various Artists
The Silent King by Plague Lord
Cyclonic Desolation by Militaria
Mental Discharge (Demo) by Parkcrest
Dönsum Í Logans Ljóma by Forsmán
Urge to Kill by Raider
Spomienky na Predkov (Full-len... by Evil Dead
Into the Armageddon by Thrashfire
The Awake of Ascendant Darkness by OLD COVEN
Through Pale Opulence Thy Reign ... by Febris Manea
Executioner 2007 Demo (MELTDOWN) by Mantic Ritual
Serpent Chariot by Golden Blood
Dark Spectrum by Antre

On 7/15/2021 at 6:05 PM, H34VYM3T4LD4V3 said:

New CDs

John Petrucci - Suspended Animation 

Blaze Bayley - War Within me

Helloween - Helloween

Man, that new Helloween album is just killer.  I'm not as into power metal as I used to be, but I'll spin some Helloween any day.  DragonForce and Cellador are a couple of other power metal bands I still play fairly regularly, along with Steel Attack.

Cognitive    Malevolent Thoughts of a Hastened Extinction
Sepiroth    Condemned to Suffer
Flotsam & Jetsam    Blood in the Water
Nefastes    Scumanity
Temple Of Dread    Hades Unleashed
Kryptan    Kryptan
Crescent    Carving the Fires of Akhet
Perilaxe Occlusion    Raytraces of Death
Cerebral Rot    Excretion of Mortality
Gorgon    Traditio Satanae
Burning Darkness    Dodens Makt
Yautja    The Lurch
Nihilanth    Graceless Planet
Witch Vomit    Abhorrent Rapture
At the Gates    The Nightmare of Being
Logistic Slaughter    Lower Forms of Life
Gravefields    Embrace the Void
Morbid Breath    In the Hand of the Reaper
Stench Collector    Effluviatorium Du Jour
Noctambulist    The Barren Form
Cathexis    Untethered Abyss
Leiþa    Sisyphus
Palus Somni    Monarch of Dark Matter
Balmog    Eve
Domination Campaign    Onward to Glory
The Day of the Beast    Indisputably Carnivorous
The Ember, The Ash    Fixation
Pupil Slicer    Mirrors

And this little amazing baby:

1453534625_AKSR25.JPG.0bbe48bcd516158ac0360cd27f37bbaa.JPG

On 7/15/2021 at 11:05 PM, H34VYM3T4LD4V3 said:

New CDs

John Petrucci - Suspended Animation 

Blaze Bayley - War Within me

Helloween - Helloween

blaze bayley has a bit of a following and i know fair few people who like his stuff,even if imo it did not work with him in iron maiden, following bruce was mission impossible imo, out of interest do you prefer his solo stuff or his iron maiden time

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 7:14 PM, FatherAlabaster said:

I'm psyched, my recording gear showed up today :)

NBnISFY.jpg

father a it looks really cool and technical. Ive got a fostex8 track which tbh might be complete rubbish. its ok for my level. 😂by reading other comments it dont just look good its actually good kit you got there. your music can only get better with this. good one pal for upgrading. 👍

7 hours ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

father a it looks really cool and technical. Ive got a fostex8 track which tbh might be complete rubbish. its ok for my level. 😂by reading other comments it dont just look good its actually good kit you got there. your music can only get better with this. good one pal for upgrading. 👍

My music might not get any better, but it's certainly easier to get a sound I like with this stuff. Lots of minor differences that add up to make a big improvement. I love singing through that WA-76. The computer isn't playing as nicely with this interface as it did with my old FireWire interface, but thankfully no problems that affect the actual recording quality.

I started off with a Tascam 4 track cassette machine when I was a teenager, so anything computer-based is pretty luxurious. What's your Fostex, one of the standalone digital recorders?

On 8/30/2021 at 12:59 AM, FatherAlabaster said:

My music might not get any better, but it's certainly easier to get a sound I like with this stuff. Lots of minor differences that add up to make a big improvement. I love singing through that WA-76. The computer isn't playing as nicely with this interface as it did with my old FireWire interface, but thankfully no problems that affect the actual recording quality.

I started off with a Tascam 4 track cassette machine when I was a teenager, so anything computer-based is pretty luxurious. What's your Fostex, one of the standalone digital recorders?

father alabaster good to hear about your new gear.thanks for asking,the fostex is standalone little im assuming  digital unit. it records straight to cds. bit old school now. who uses cds now😁 your old 4 track is old school and probably worse than my fostex but it got you started which is👍

the new equipment you got sounds cool including the wa 76 for your vocals. does it help get the sound profile your looking for. sound profile sounds like it should be recording term. 🤣 

its good your able to get closer to that sound you want with rest of equipment. ive listened to stuff from the 40s and it sucks not because its bad music but because the recording equipment did not capture the sound that the band wanted to make