New Purchases/Acquisitions

BlutAusNerd

Recent arrivals in my letter box of infernal iniquity and despair: 

Turilli/Lione Rhapsody - 'Zero Gravity'

I've been waiting for this album since I was blown away by 'Prometheus' back in 2015. At first I was disappointed to hear that Alessandro Conti wouldn't be returning on vocals, as he was just sensational, and I was a little sceptical about getting good old Lione back (who has jumped ship from the Staropoli version of Rhapsody - huge news). But Leone gives his best performance ever in my view. Astounding. Epic symphonies to science and God in equal measure, and the album cover means it's the first time I've ever actually wanted to have sex with a double-helix. Contender for album of the year. 

Gorgoroth - 'Instinctus Bestialis'

I can't believe I didn't give this album the credit it's due at the time of release. This is one of my favourite Gorgoroth albums. The production on the drums is unbelievable. Everything just crunches. 

Mayhem - 'Wolf's Lair Abyss' re-release by Soulseller Records

Full account in the Mayhem thread. 

Bathory - 'Burnin' Leather 1983-1995'

Now we're talking. I bought the CD version, limited to 500 copies. It comes in a 7 inch plastic cover with all sorts of fold-outs, poster, liner notes, sticker etc. Look it up if you're a Bathory fan and get a copy, it's amazing. It contains the tracks they originally did for the 'Scandanavian Metal Attack' release (and if Quorthon hadn't heard Venom before, which he claimed, then I'm Donald Trump) as well as 18 other rare and cover tracks. Great production, everything sounds amazing, and beautiful packaging. Includes an interview with the original bass player Freddan, and it's really touching and insightful. ESSENTIAL RELEASE. 

Filth and Violence UK Division t shirt

Xenophobic Ejaculation 7" ep

On 8/1/2019 at 10:42 PM, Requiem said:

Gorgoroth - 'Instinctus Bestialis'

I can't believe I didn't give this album the credit it's due at the time of release. This is one of my favourite Gorgoroth albums. The production on the drums is unbelievable. Everything just crunches. 

This is probably my favorite Gorgoroth album.  Absolutely perfect.

Cradle of Filth - 'Cruelty and the Beast' original version with lyrics the booklet. I used to own a version with lyrics, then lost it and bought a replacement that didn't have lyrics, and now have bought this copy so that I have the lyrics again. With two disks I'll now keep one in the car permanently and one in the in-house collection. 

Mayhem - 'De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas' re-release with lyrics in the booklet. Can't even remember which edition it was and it's upstairs. I never had the lyrics version and I needed to remedy that. I didn't really need the music...again... but anyway, there it is. 

Darkthrone 'True Norwegian Black Metal' Hoodie - It's a warm and fleecy hoodie that I've decided is more suitable for inside wear and not really a outdoors/gig thing. I've got a Mayhem hoodie that I only wear inside but it's getting old, so this is the replacement. Domestic black metal gear is the best.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought "Anatomy of the Beast" from Intestine Baalism and a CD called Moshpit Murder, which I just randomly ordered alongside it because it was cheap.

I now own every Intestine Baalism Album :) Only the demo missing now.

whatsappimage2019-0998j1a.jpeg

Thinking about buying the version of Anatomy with the proper booklet and the Vinyl of it. Also the CD of Ultimate instinct as I only have the vinyl. Yea, I like them.

My last ten (relevant) purchases:

Tool - Fear Inoculum
Slayer - Hell Awaits *
Sodom - Persecution Mania *
Morbid Angel - Altars/Blessed/Covenant (FDR editions) *
Morbid Angel - Domination
Necrophobic - Mark Of The Necrogram
Disentomb - The Decaying Light
Strid - Strid

* I know, it's ridiculous that I didn't have physical copies of these already... although I did at least have a couple of them on cassette back in the day

2 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

Mutiilation “Vampires Of Black Imperial Blood” CD

This is one of the greatest black metal albums of all time. There is so much emotion dripping off every note. I have two versions of this, one an official with lyrics and one a bootleg with different track order. 

5 hours ago, Requiem said:

This is one of the greatest black metal albums of all time. There is so much emotion dripping off every note. I have two versions of this, one an official with lyrics and one a bootleg with different track order. 

Mines on pre-order as only releases 27th of this month.  Agree that this is one of the most authentic BM records I have listened to in the last couple of years. ‘Remains...’ is also available which is another of my favourites of theirs.  Assuming they are both some reissues.  

Been buying a lot of Cds lately,

Black Sabbath -

The Eternal Idol (Deluxe)

Seventh Star

Bruce Dickinson -

Chemical Wedding

Tyranny Of Souls

Dio - 

Holy Diver

Last In Line

Sacred Heart

Dream Evil

Lock Up The Wolves

Judas Priest -

Angel Of Retribution

Nostradamus

Lucifers Friend -

Banquet

Motorhead -

Snake Bite Love

Overnight Sensation

Hammered

We Are Motörhead

Thin Lizzy -

Chinatown

Thunder and Lightning

Tygers Of Pan Tang -

Tygers Of Pan Tang

UDO -

Steelfactory

Mission No X

Mastercutor

Rev-Raptor

Man And Machine

Holy

Venom Inc -

Avé

15 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

Mines on pre-order as only releases 27th of this month.  Agree that this is one of the most authentic BM records I have listened to in the last couple of years. ‘Remains...’ is also available which is another of my favourites of theirs.  Assuming they are both some reissues.  

Preorder? I hadn't heard that it was being re-released. Where are you buying it, and does it come with anything special? What's the deal? 

In my folly I don't actually own 'Remains...'. I have 'Hail Satanas We Are the Black Legions', 'Destroy Your Life for Satan', 'Black Millenium', 'Sorrow Galaxies' the the aforementioned two copies of 'Vampires'. 

Maybe I need to invest in 'Remains of a Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul'. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2019 at 6:44 AM, Requiem said:

Preorder? I hadn't heard that it was being re-released. Where are you buying it, and does it come with anything special? What's the deal? 

In my folly I don't actually own 'Remains...'. I have 'Hail Satanas We Are the Black Legions', 'Destroy Your Life for Satan', 'Black Millenium', 'Sorrow Galaxies' the the aforementioned two copies of 'Vampires'. 

Maybe I need to invest in 'Remains of a Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul'. 

Osmose are doing reissues of these two and 'Grimly....' promising a revisited layout and limited to 500 copies (CD).  'Vampires...' and 'Remains...' will both be with me by end of October.

On 9/29/2019 at 11:23 PM, MacabreEternal said:

Osmose are doing reissues of these two and 'Grimly....' promising a revisited layout and limited to 500 copies (CD).  'Vampires...' and 'Remains...' will both be with me by end of October.

Good news indeed. Thanks for the heads-up. 

Picked up some classic in flames (Whoracle and Colony) as well as Mechanical Animals by Marilyn Manson.

Thinking about getting some Cannabis Corpse Merch this month when my other bills are payed and I still have money.

Last month I got some Dark Tranquillity & Asphyx Albums for my collection, as well as the old school shirt of Dark Tranquillity with a print of their demo tape's cover on it, it's badass!