New Purchases/Acquisitions

BlutAusNerd

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 1:41 AM, MacabreEternal said:

Burzum "Dauði Baldrs" 

I hear the forum cry of a collective "WHY????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????" from my desk here in Blighty.  Fact is I liked this from the first listen despite it being far removed from any of the reasons I first started listening to Burzum in the first place.  I enjoy it's pomp and circumstance even though it is delivered with what some believe to be tedious repetition.  Have been meaning to pick up for a while but never got round to it until yesterday.

One of my absolute favorite Burzum albums.

New purchase:

Drudkh "Estrangement"

8 hours ago, Requiem said:

I need more Mortiis. A friend of mine used to have 'The Smell of Rain' back in the day and that track 'Marshland' was a regular party staple. I don't think that album was very dungeon synth though. Any recommendations? 

Definitely early Mortiis. Start with Født til å herske. The thing about early  Mortiis is that you get two very lengthy songs. Probably best to listen to it whilst resting or doing some menial chore.  

On 17/09/2017 at 4:41 AM, Vampyrique said:

Definitely early Mortiis. Start with Født til å herske. The thing about early  Mortiis is that you get two very lengthy songs. Probably best to listen to it whilst resting or doing some menial chore.  

Cool. I don't know why I've never bothered to get any Mortiis albums. I'm getting really interested in dungeon synth. Dungeon synth. 

Been buying shitloads of stuff over the last few months. The most relevant things were:

- a Defenders of the Faith T Shirt by Amplified which is plain awesome, like dude totally awesome! It brings the Cartman out of me every time I wear it. I look in the mirror and go "cooooool";

- the Krautrock boxes vol. 1, 2 and 3 by Warner. There is some CRAZY proto metal shit in there. The best discovery is a band called GIFT who sounded like a cross between Bloodrock, Blue Oyster Cult, early Scorpions (but very rarely) and random kraut madness! Another great one featured is ASTERIX, which then morphed into Lucifer's Friend we all know and love.

- finishing Lita Ford's discographt from 1983 up to 1994 and reading her biography in a day! I absolutely love all her records. I only had the platinum seller LITA and the "grunge" album called black (her last before coming back to the scenes 15 years later... I actually saw her play in Italy in 2009 while she was still married to Jim "stuffed crotch" Gillette), but I finally bought myself the other 4 albums and they ROCK big time! The first two are sheer heavy metal records. There's a track on the second one called "Lady Killer" that goes "a man'o'war brings you to your knees" and then she strums something that totally sounds like the "Defender" arpeggio by ManOwaR. First time I heard it I was like "FUCK ME! That can't be no coincidence". 1984. She's my fave female guitarist/singer right after my own lady.

So the new album of my beloved Septicflesh arrived the other day, 'Codex Omega'. I really wasn't very excited by the first track they released, 'Dante's Inferno', but of course once I got the glorious disk in my unworthy little hands it all came together. Amazing album, yet again from these geniuses. There's just something about this band's last four albums that moves me. 

As for 'Codex Omega', tracks like 'Portrait of a Headless Man' and 'Our Church Below the Sea' (Lovecraft alert!) are amazing. All the tracks are. 

Reading the lyrics is another pleasure this album offers up, like the Septics always do. There are songs about Lovecraft, Dante, Egyptian philosopher Hypatia, a re-writing of the bible among other things. 

They're also the perfect band. The bass player/vocalist does all the artwork, the guitar play/clean vocalist writes the lyrics, the other guitarist writes all the orchestration, and a drummer. Everyone has a role to play. 10/10

On 10/10/2017 at 7:01 AM, Skull_Kollektor said:

Been buying shitloads of stuff over the last few months. The most relevant things were:

- a Defenders of the Faith T Shirt by Amplified which is plain awesome, like dude totally awesome! It brings the Cartman out of me every time I wear it. I look in the mirror and go "cooooool";

- the Krautrock boxes vol. 1, 2 and 3 by Warner. There is some CRAZY proto metal shit in there. The best discovery is a band called GIFT who sounded like a cross between Bloodrock, Blue Oyster Cult, early Scorpions (but very rarely) and random kraut madness! Another great one featured is ASTERIX, which then morphed into Lucifer's Friend we all know and love.

- finishing Lita Ford's discographt from 1983 up to 1994 and reading her biography in a day! I absolutely love all her records. I only had the platinum seller LITA and the "grunge" album called black (her last before coming back to the scenes 15 years later... I actually saw her play in Italy in 2009 while she was still married to Jim "stuffed crotch" Gillette), but I finally bought myself the other 4 albums and they ROCK big time! The first two are sheer heavy metal records. There's a track on the second one called "Lady Killer" that goes "a man'o'war brings you to your knees" and then she strums something that totally sounds like the "Defender" arpeggio by ManOwaR. First time I heard it I was like "FUCK ME! That can't be no coincidence". 1984. She's my fave female guitarist/singer right after my own lady.

The rock n roll collection grows! 

I haven't done one of these in a while so I'll just jump to the latest stuff rather than a huge, dirty list.

Gojira: L'Enfant Sauvage

Rings of Saturn: Ultu Ulla - Seeing this one made me think of Deathstorm's desert island disks so I decided that it's probably worth a try.

43 minutes ago, Requiem said:

I also bought tickets to Wintersun and Sebastian Bach. 

Will you be going to see Mayhem next year? I just found out abouth the tour from my Facebook feed. I'm pretty sure I will be (I'll be off Uni then so a test or exam definitely won't get in my way as they did with Vader and Napalm Death).