New Purchases/Acquisitions

BlutAusNerd

haha I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. I'm pretty sure at some point she's gonna start sewing the vests onto her person. She's gonna be a living piece of patchwork. And then it's patches on top of those patches.
That's what happens when you spend all your money on Jack, cigarettes, and Nutella - no money for new clothes, so you have to sew your patches onto your own flesh. It's a sad little spiral. If only Vanessa was here to defend herself... :D

Just got an original Gull Records 1976 Judas Priest Sad wing of Destiny on Vinyl! :) Been having a bit of an album buying binge actually. Quite a few that I've been getting round to purchasing actually: Candlemass - Nightfall Megadeth - Peace sells... But who's buying and Rust in peace Metallica - Master of Puppets Deep Purple In Rock Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Judas Priest - Sad wings of destiny (CD) Also looking to get these soon: Rainbow - Rising Bathory - Under the sing of the Black mark and Hammerheart Venom - Black Metal Sanctuary and Nevermore stuff

Just got an original Gull Records 1976 Judas Priest Sad wing of Destiny on Vinyl! :) Been having a bit of an album buying binge actually. Quite a few that I've been getting round to purchasing actually: Candlemass - Nightfall Megadeth - Peace sells... But who's buying and Rust in peace Metallica - Master of Puppets Deep Purple In Rock Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Judas Priest - Sad wings of destiny (CD) Also looking to get these soon: Rainbow - Rising Bathory - Under the sing of the Black mark and Hammerheart Venom - Black Metal Sanctuary and Nevermore stuff
Fuck, how would it be to hear all of that stuff for the first time again? Definitely essential picks that you've got there. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Fuck' date=' how would it be to hear all of that stuff for the first time again? Definitely essential picks that you've got there.Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2[/quote']Well I only pick the best ;)I like to have physical copies of albums. that I like. A lot of the time I'll listen to things free online and then if I really like it I'll buy it. At the moment I'm collecting CDs but I'd like to collect vinyl records of my favorite albums and landmark classics of musical significant - hence Sad wings. My dad has a lot of original records from the late 60s, 70s and some from the 80s which he bought when they first came out. Sadly, he didn't keep them all, but we do have Black Sabbath paranoid, master of reality and vol. 4; Led zeppelin I, II, III, IV, V, AND VI.; UFO Phenomenon; Jethro Tull Thick as a brick and Living in the past. Many others to, some by quite obscure 70s bands. It is quite something when you first hear a brilliant record, isn't it? That's how I tend to measure whether something is really good or not. It ought to feel like a moment of epiphany. Sometimes, it may take a few listens to decide that you really love something, but usually I find that you always know if it's quality from the first time you hear it.

I love Death. If you like Leprosy, check out their later stuff, it's got more melody and influences from progressive rock. I always heard a lot of thrash in their sound, and never really characterized them as "technical" death metal... anyway, the genre is vast, and I'm happy you found a "gateway" band. :) As far as knowing whether or not I love something from the first listen, that's actually extremely rare for me - it's taken me a while to warm up to nearly all of my favorite bands, and it sometimes takes me ages to even appreciate new albums by groups I really like. Case in point - I just pre-ordered the new Swans double CD, "To Be Kind". I'm really stoked to get it, but almost all of their releases have taken frequent listening to really enjoy. I can't say what it is that keeps me going back to things, although I usually like music that I don't quite understand right off the bat - if I get it too easily, I'm bored. (Carcass... Ugh)

I love Death. If you like Leprosy' date=' check out their later stuff, it's got more melody and influences from progressive rock. I always heard a lot of thrash in their sound, and never really characterized them as "technical" death metal... anyway, the genre is vast, and I'm happy you found a "gateway" band. :)As far as knowing whether or not I love something from the first listen, that's actually extremely rare for me - it's taken me a while to warm up to nearly all of my favorite bands, and it sometimes takes me ages to even appreciate new albums by groups I really like.Case in point - I just pre-ordered the new Swans double CD, "To Be Kind". I'm really stoked to get it, but almost all of their releases have taken frequent listening to really enjoy. I can't say what it is that keeps me going back to things, although I usually like music that I don't quite understand right off the bat - if I get it too easily, I'm bored. (Carcass... Ugh)[/quote']Yeah I think some bands can be instantly liked, but others take a little longer, usually the more extreme kinds I in my case, but that's probably because classic rock and early metal is my comfort zone, so death metal takes some getting used to for me. Death does sound to me a bit like Slayer and Sepultura so that may be why Leprosy is more accessible for me. What other album of their's would you recommend in particular?

I've not listened to much death metal. I've heard some songs by Cannibal Corpse, Cradle of Filth and Children of Bodom. But I've not been too keen on them, except the latter, but only partially. I like Bodom's music but I think I prefer the vocals to still be intelligible. Amon Amarth's vocals are clearer so I can take to them better. I think it may be a case of listening to an entire album through a few times tbh.

Yeah I think some bands can be instantly liked' date=' but others take a little longer, usually the more extreme kinds I in my case, but that's probably because classic rock and early metal is my comfort zone, so death metal takes some getting used to for me. Death does sound to me a bit like Slayer and Sepultura so that may be why Leprosy is more accessible for me. What other album of their's would you recommend in particular?[/quote'] Their most "accessible" one is probably Symbolic, which I think is a great album, but it's hard to go wrong with any of their later albums. The one that got me into Death in the first place was Individual Thought Patterns. Human has some great songs, and the last album, The Sound Of Perseverance, might be my favorite - I think it's got his best vocals, and there are some really cool prog-rock riffs. If you like his take on "prog", you should absolutely listen to Control Denied - it's basically late-period Death (same lineup, I think), but with a power metal vocalist. They only put out one album before Chuck's death, called The Fragile Art Of Existence. Well worth your time. :)