Sign in to stalk this  
Os Abysmi Vel Daath

Weird obscure black metal bands nobody's heard of

not sure how to gauge how obscure a band is unless I have to trade five bloody rubys to a bridge-keeper for a demo, but i've recently discovered Acherontas, from greece. They've been around for a while but apparently broke up for a while and recently reformed, but the newest album has been getting heavy rotation from me, has that trademark Greek warmth to it as opposed to the northern euro bm sound. https://wtcproductions.bandcamp.com/album/ma-ion-formulas-of-reptilian-unification
I've never really shown much interest in Acherontas, but their last album convinced me to keep an eye on them.

Flames of Hell may fit the title of this thread more than anyone. They recorded their one album in the basement of a YMCA in Iceland circa 1987, were kicked out following that recording along with the producer, pressed 1000 copies of said album, and then fell off the face of the earth. It's pretty weird sounding stuff too, lots of guitar solos, bizarre atmosphere, and some wild vocals.

It sounds like there's a pretty good reason that project is obscure, to me. The music itself is pretty bland, the keyboard drum and guitar sounds make it laughable, and the recording quality makes it unlistenable. If you want really fucked up, Jute Gyte is a great place to look.

Kvist was a band only a handful seem to have heard of(probably because they only were active between 1993-1997...), but their first and only full length album For Kunsten Maa Vi Evig Vike is actually excellent. They had great potential, and I'm not sure why they disbanded.

I don't know if these bands are considered weird or obscure,maybe a bit underground. Hear are my recommended song by each. HAILS \m/

(France) EPHELES - Je suis autrefois

(Norway) DODSFALL - I helvete Er Vi Dypt Savnet

I don't think many of you will be familiar with the band Byyrth. They're a pretty obscure Black Metal band located in San Francisco (not sure if they're initially from there). Anyway, they have a demo, a split, and, as of today, a full album out, and they are fucking killing it. It's raw, it's atmospheric, it's everything you could hope for from an upcoming Black Metal band. This is their Bandcamp: https://byyrth.bandcamp.com

I am in no way in association with them, so this is not some bullshit promo; just a band that I think should gain some more listeners.