The Spooky Stuff Thread

RelentlessOblivion

Re: Ghosts A ghost (or whatever you want to call it) is basically energy. You can't destroy energy, it goes on forever. Some school's of thought say that a "ghost" is a moment in time. Specifically, an imprint left over from something horrific, like a murder, suicide, etc... and they can be triggered to play out again. Another school of thought says its all psychosomatic. I don't know what caused the EVP's my friends and I got. We went to various cemeteries all over our state. Sometimes we'd bring occult devices with us (with some in the group being heavily involved in witchcraft and what not). We got some crazy recordings when we used said devices. We also got crazy readings when we went on sabbats. Life isn't worth living unless there's something after we die.

Re: Ghosts have to agree with you there man, I've had maybe three experiences that I can't explain but I'm gonna share the one that scared me I was in Scotland a few years back visiting family in Edinburgh and we decided it'd be a laugh to do some of the ghost tours, nothing happened on the first two we did but the third one scared the hell out of everyone in the group (including the tour guide, you'd think someone who's taking people around looking for ghosts would be used to that kind of thing) we were in what's known as the Edinburgh Vaults which is basically a whole heap of undergroud passages where the poor and the sick were thrown during the plauge, we walked into one of the rooms and heard what sounded like scratching on a door or something only none of the rooms down there have doors anymore it was so creepy but the part that really scared me was when we were leaving the room, I was the last one out but I swear to this day I felt someone grab my arm as I was leaving, you know the way a child will grab your arm when it wants your attention, it was just like that

Re: Ghosts I believe in ghosts, just as I believe in spirits and demons. I have had a lot of weird experiences, so It's kinda hard for me not to believe. Even though I don't want to believe. As for my experiences, here are a few: -I have 4 scars on my back of mysterious origin. I have no idea where they came from, and I actually didn't know about them until one of my friends pointed them out while I was in gym class. She yelled "What happened to your back!?", and I had no clue what she was talking about. I looked in the mirror, and sure enough, I had four straight line scars on my back. That was 2 years ago and I still have them. There is no animal in our house that could have scratched me, and my back was never scratched by anything that could have made those perfectly straight marks. (I may add a picture later if I can get a good quality one.) -To add on to the scar story, I always seem to find those similar 4 lines odd locations. Once after I got out of a shower, four straight lines were drawn into the steam on my mirror. There are also small little scratch marks on the wooden front of my bed that resemble those marks. -I always see black shadows and figures out of the corner of my eye. There is one figure I have seen several times, in different positions and locations. That figure seems to follow me around no matter where I go. He is pitch black, and I sometimes see red blurs which I assume are his eyes. His shape is humanoid, but he has sharp wings, a triangular head with snout, clawed hands/feet, and really long pointed ears. (I call him Igniisis, named after a Wrath of Killenstein song. Heh.) -My grandmother once went to a friend's house, that was apparently haunted for too many reasons to list. Long story short, my grandma and her friends were sitting in a room in the house, with a recorder on. The owner of the house mentioned something about photography during their conversation. When they played the recording, a really strong masculine voice said "You bitch!" right after she mentioned photography. (Her husband had died some time ago, and he was a cruel man. They had a rivalry involving photography, which was the explanation for the timing of the masculine outburst.) If any of you can be as kind to offer some explanations to these events, I would really appreciate it! I'm always looking to debunk things like this.

Re: Ghosts certainly some weird experiences, for the lines on the mirror it could be moisture running down, but typically condensation follows an erratic pattern not perfectly straight lines EVP's are hard to explain without hearing them first but it could be background noise from a neighbouring house or from the street the figure you've described is very difficult to explain, especially given the amount of detail you're able to recall I honestly don't know what it could be but it certainly doesn't sound good I have a diary I started after my trip to Scotland with the experiences I've had and possible explanations for them, maybe something like that could help you hope i've been able to help

• 4 months later...

Re: Ghosts thought I'd bring this thread back to the fore by sharing a less scary experience I had as a child, my great grandfather passed away when I was very young and up until I turned 11 I used to see him regularly in my room, like he was watching over me to see how I was doing, it was never scary for me but at first it really scared my parents

Re: Ghosts who can say for certain, I like to think of myself as being a sane, rational person, I've tried looking at the experiences I've had in a logical, rational manner looking for perfectly normal explanations, for the most part I've been successful in this endeavour, it's really only three experiences I've had that elude rational explanation, the two I've already mentioned and another more personal one I'm not willing to discuss, when there's so much we don't understand about our world and the universe at large I don't think it's rational to rule out any possibilities, I mean I'm an atheist but I'm open to the possibility that a God or Gods could exist we simply do not know for certain one way or the other at this present time, and that's really what life is about isn't it? discovering what lies beyond those great unknowns?

Re: Ghosts I'm extremely jaded on the subject of religion (hey 12 years in the catholic school system will have that effect on people) I find it extremely difficult to believe that if there is a god it would actually care about the "petty issues of us mortals" if there is a god it must be an omnipotent being capable of changing things as it sees fit, the bible portrays this deity as being a loving, compassionate being, so why would such a powerful, loving, god allow such horrific things to occur to its creations, why doesn't it intervene to eradicate war, hatred, poverty famine and disease? the only answer these religious types can ever offer to this question is "god works in mysterious ways" that's bullshit, what they're actually saying is "because god doesn't care" I'm not saying there is no god, no one can say that we simply do not know, what I'm saying is that if there is a god it has better things to do then concern itself with the squabbles, dilemmas and issues of mortals by the way that is by no means intended to be offensive however if it is I apologise

• 11 months later...

once again I feel compelled to bring this subject up largely because of a few really weird occurences lately which I simply cannot explain. starting with the most recent, the eerie sensation that suddenly swept over me yesterday as if I was being watched, the hair stood up on the back of my neck and I had goosebumps but there was no one around. Weird? Yes, unexplainable? No, could have been a breeze, could have been my imagination, could have been any number of things. A more interesting phenomenon which has occurred about five times now is a small mirror in the bathroom beginning to vibrate for no reason. This mirror could swing out from the wall and extend towards you, I say could because the hinges have jammed so it can't do that anymore, it can still swing but takes a great deal of effort. When the mirror begins vibrating it is always slightly away from the wall, the vibration never stops when you walk into the bathroom it only stops when you touch the mirror. I find this more difficult to explain but it could be due to vibration in the pipes due to water pressure or the air conditioning. By far the most difficult event to occur, and the rarest, is the bathroom door of the main house opening on it's own. This has happened twice, both times the door has been shut (and I can not stress that enough the door was properly shut both times), on both occasions the sound of the doorknob turning was heard and both times there were witnesses to the door opening. The first time my younger (but not that much younger) brother and I heard the door knob turn and saw the door open slowly. The second time my kid brother, mum and myself all saw the doorknob turn and the door open. I have no explanation for that one. So people feel free to comment, share your beliefs or experiences if you like, this is a subject which really fascinates me as if you couldn't tell already

I believe in ghosts and such because I've experienced 'spiritual' things. This includes encountering a ghost spirit in my uncle's holiday house when I was young, and also experiencing things when I was uhhh... religious. I do want to point out how funny it is that people flatly deny anything happens after we die, because there really hasn't been anyone come back from death and tell us. Nobody knows, nobody is an expert!

likewise my belief in the matter is based on personal experience which is sufficient evidence for me to accept that ghosts exist. That being said just because an event seems weird to me doesn't mean the first thing I think of is ghosts, I like to analyse the events I've experienced and only if I can find no rational explanation will I accept events as possibly paranormal. I may actually have a chance to be involved in a paranormal investigation soon actually which I think could be really cool.

Logic suggests that if it is possible for ghosts to exist then it is also possible for there to be a God/Gods and an afterlife. The fact that we have some circumstantial evidence suggesting the existance of one and only heresay supporting the existance of the other does mean ghosts are franctionally more likely to exist but because we have no concrete evidence proving beyond doubt they exist it is not possible to draw a conclusion one way or the other.

• 2 months later...
I'm extremely jaded on the subject of religion (hey 12 years in the catholic school system will have that effect on people) [...]the bible portrays this deity as being a loving' date= compassionate being, so why would such a powerful, loving, god allow such horrific things to occur to its creations, why doesn't it intervene to eradicate war, hatred, poverty famine and disease? the only answer these religious types can ever offer to this question is "god works in mysterious ways" [...] by the way that is by no means intended to be offensive however if it is I apologise
Not offensive, just wrong. That is the only answer you will get, but only from listening solely to the patent morons that some media like handing a microphone to in order to beef up their case that all religious folk are credulous nitwits.
go for it mate' date=' they're more likely to exist than the bullshit in the bible.[/quote'] I beg your pardon? I've never had any paranormal experiences of any sort, but the Bible doesn't mention anything about them not existing so it'd be a fallacy of ignorance for me to say otherwise. As for the evidence for ghosts...well, there are countless stories of Christ or Mary in a pint of ale or the side of a building, not to mention the salvation stories some people cite as the reason for their conversion, that are commonly discounted as evidence not so much of the supernatural as they are of personal pathology on the part of the eyewitnesses. Again, I can't speak with authority on the matter, but I haven't had any experience to suggest ghosts exist.

no Iceni this is the answer I encountered when I was still a member of the church asking the various preachers and members of the congregation why this loving and all-powerful God didn't do something to at least lessen the suffering of his creation. I could accept them saying "because God wants his creation to do things for itself" that would have been perfectly acceptable though I would still have turned away from faith. I can accept that there could be a God we simply don't know but it's a personal belief of mine that there is no God, one experience is all it would take for me to believe though, just one experience I considered to be divine in origin. It only took one experience to convince me of the existance of the paranormal (had others since then however that reaffirmed that belief)