Welcome to Metal Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to stalk this  
Stalkers 0
RelentlessOblivion

Greatest Bassists

44 posts in this topic

sorry bout the typo the last time I tried this (and the fact that I haven't deleted that thread) but here we go again just some of the best bassists out there David Ellefson (always struggle to spell his name right) - Megadeth Lemmy - Motorhead Steve Harris - Iron Maiden

Re: Greatest Bassists Can anybody compete with Steve Harris becasue he wrote all Maiden's songs? Also, does Lemmy count, becasue I thing he plays bass like a guitar doesn't he?

Re: Greatest Bassists

of course Lemmy counts' date=' the man is a bass machine although he doesn't consider himself metal[/quote'] Lemmy is something else. An awesome something else.

Re: Greatest Bassists yep he's the last of his kind, the only metaller still living the lifestyle, hell at this point alcohol is probably what's keeping him alive

Re: Greatest Bassists

You should definately get a blog!
He should blog right here as a resident blogger! :-)

Re: Greatest Bassists under normal circumstances I don't have the time, it's only because of low intensity subjects this semmester that I've got so much time to spare, next semmester looks like it'll be very difficult subjects so you may not see me at all between August and November

Re: Greatest Bassists Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Greatest Bassists hey if you think that's bad last year I was off the forum from July through to mid November, in fact all but thirty seven of my total posts have been racked up between late November of last year and now

Re: Greatest Bassists Definitely Steve Harris. Plays bass more skilfully than most people play lead.

Re: Greatest Bassists Andreas Blomqvist of Seventh Wonder and Piotr Wierzba of Division By Zero are good.

Re: Greatest Bassists I would say that my top 5 bassists are: 1. Lemmy Kilmister - Motörhead 2. Cliff Burton - Metallica 3. Les Claypool - Primus 4. Reginald "Fieldy" Arvizu - KoRn 5. Jason White - Straight Line Stitch There are tons of other great bassists too, but those are the top 5 for me ATM that I like to take influences from whenever I can

Re: Greatest Bassists Lemmy and Cliff are absolutely up there, I don't listen to Primus or SLS so won't make a call there but I'm afraid I simply can not understand how you can rate korn's bass player so highly, please don't take this personally by the way I just despise korn and all nu metal and metalcore bands with extreme vengeance

Re: Greatest Bassists I had my time with nu-metal back in ninety's and there comes KoRn to my shelf. Fieldy is pretty nice when he plays and I'm not saying that he is one of the best players ever, but he does his work really well and precise. That's what I like in him. Metalcore (and every other core) came few years ago along Atreyu into listening on my behalf and I've gotten to liking of the breakdowns and rhythmical elements in it. Check out Wings of Plague - The Impaler, they take a lot from black metal (probably the only so called blackcore there is) and The Impaler's breakdown just makes chills run in my back.

Re: Greatest Bassists Sorry, that got little sidetracked from topic. But yeah, Lemmy and Cliff are absolute maestros of bass for what I think. Others are just good or geniuses.

Re: Greatest Bassists Steve Harris is also a bass master in my opinion he's responsible for some of the greatest bass lines of all time

Re: Greatest Bassists True, but I'm not such a big fan of Iron Maiden. I listen to them from time to time, but I'm not a true fan. But still I like 'em.

Re: Greatest Bassists there's actually another member on here who has an intense hatred for all the classic bands like Maiden, Sabbath etc David Ellefson of Megadeth is another very good bass player

Re: Greatest Bassists I don't have hatred against any of those classic bands, it's just that I listen to some and I don't listen to others. For example I think that Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath is one friggin' big reason why we have black/death metal these days. One bassist that I also like is Stian Arnesen due to his work on Nexus Polaris by Covenant (nowadays it's Kovenant because of those damn swedes...)