Now...?

NTNR

• 3 weeks later...
Oh no' date=' hope you get better mate, that's unfortunate :/[/quote'] Thanks, man! I'm on the mend. Lots of water. I just don't know what caused it; my wife and son didn't get sick. Wish I could blame it on a hangover but sadly that wasn't the case. Eating - nothing Drinking - about to get some water Listening - just finished listening to the new version of Gothic - this rules Doing - taking a break from guitar Thinking - thankfully, not much at the moment

Eating - Apple Drinking - Water Listening - Station Dysthymia Doing - Typing and humming (not really however) Thinking - It's too bad I can't go to Denver this year, but at least I got to see Helloween. I guarantee they'll never come to UT again. Especially given the crap they had to put up with concerning the promoter. Hooray people ruining the touring scene at the local level!!

Eating - Salad Drinking - Protein Shake Listening - Blind Guardian, Wheel of Time Doing - I too am brooding... Thinking - I really need to update my resume and get the hell out of here. I might cut out of here early. I would rather be working on my art stuff. I'd rather be doing so many other things than working for my prick of a boss.

What kind of art do you do? Eating - toast Drinking - nothing Listening - a Pete Steele interview Doing - all of the above, while sitting on my ass watching my son attempt to eat toast Thinking - gosh, I miss watching TON perform in Brooklyn... I wish there was another album coming out. And I wanted to like Seventh Void, but the song I heard really didn't have much to it. Bummer.

What kind of art do you do?
It varies greatly. I do everything from ink illustration (think comic-style) to sketching, to clay sculpting, I do digital art, 3D modeling and texturing. My latest project is a really large scale fantasy map, my first real foray into fantasy cartography. Digital watercolor style. Maybe I'll share it when I get closer to completion! Like your guitar playing, I'd rather be doing my art. Like, most of the time.

gosh' date=' I miss watching TON perform in Brooklyn... I wish there was another album coming out. And I wanted to like Seventh Void, but the song I heard really didn't have much to it. Bummer.[/quote'] I only got to see them three times. The last time was kind of a let down too. I met Pete and Josh the second time and got their autographs. Kenny and Johnny were inside getting drunk (I was 20 at the time and couldn't go to the bar section of the club, stupid rule). I was going to see Seventh Void when they came through a few years ago just to get Kenny's and Johnny's autographs but decided it wasn't worth sitting through their set. Their album is OK radio friendly doom but it's noting compared to TON. It would've been great to have lived in Brooklyn while they were still kicking. The ability to see them as often as possible would've rocked. I really wish they'd release all their demo material. That would be awesome. I was so excited when I heard about their boxed set coming out only to be turned off by the fact it was nothing more than a rerelease on freaking vinyl. I wanted it for the liner notes more than anything else as vinyl is so inferior to everything else. It's sad to know we'll never get another TON album. I'm currently hunting for live bootlegs as a result.

It varies greatly. I do everything from ink illustration (think comic-style) to sketching, to clay sculpting, I do digital art, 3D modeling and texturing. My latest project is a really large scale fantasy map, my first real foray into fantasy cartography. Digital watercolor style. Maybe I'll share it when I get closer to completion! Like your guitar playing, I'd rather be doing my art. Like, most of the time.
Cool! Anything professional? Or any exhibits? Please post some stuff in the "Your Artwork" thread at some point. I'm a painter, even went to school and got a useless degree in the field... :D and I haven't done a lot of it since I graduated. Feeling torn between art and music was keeping me paralyzed, and I had a lot of music I wanted to play, so I decided that the painting needed to take the back burner till I finished the album. I'll get back to it one day.

I only got to see them three times. The last time was kind of a let down too. I met Pete and Josh the second time and got their autographs. Kenny and Johnny were inside getting drunk (I was 20 at the time and couldn't go to the bar section of the club, stupid rule). I was going to see Seventh Void when they came through a few years ago just to get Kenny's and Johnny's autographs but decided it wasn't worth sitting through their set. Their album is OK radio friendly doom but it's noting compared to TON. It would've been great to have lived in Brooklyn while they were still kicking. The ability to see them as often as possible would've rocked. I really wish they'd release all their demo material. That would be awesome. I was so excited when I heard about their boxed set coming out only to be turned off by the fact it was nothing more than a rerelease on freaking vinyl. I wanted it for the liner notes more than anything else as vinyl is so inferior to everything else. It's sad to know we'll never get another TON album. I'm currently hunting for live bootlegs as a result.
I'm lucky, I saw them at least six times. I have to say - the three times I saw them in North Carolina, they were unimpressive. They didn't give a shit, came out, played, left. It was all meh. Up here in the city, it was a different story. I always went when they played at L'Amour. There, they were one of the best bands I'd seen, and Pete seemed a lot more relaxed, made a bunch of jokes, and they always played a really long set. I never did meet them. In fact I've hardly ever met anyone...

Cool! Anything professional? Or any exhibits? Please post some stuff in the "Your Artwork" thread at some point. I'm a painter' date= even went to school and got a useless degree in the field... :D and I haven't done a lot of it since I graduated. Feeling torn between art and music was keeping me paralyzed, and I had a lot of music I wanted to play, so I decided that the painting needed to take the back burner till I finished the album. I'll get back to it one day.:D

Yes we're a diverse bunch here. We've got a bunch of musicians, a couple of artists and a writer (when Strategos remembers the forum exists) eating - nothing drinking - nothing listening - Longing For Dawn doing - sitting in the dark thinking - I wish it was raining, in fact I wish there was a thunderstorm raging to make this moment even more appropriate.

Eating - Some kind of chicken and tomatoes thing from whole foods Drinking - Protein Shake, about to make a cuppa tea. Listening - new Rings of Saturn album Doing - Hiccuping and trying to design an app interface Thinking - I'm utterly braindead today.

Eating - nothing Drinking - Brooklyn East India Pale Ale Listening - to make sure my kid has gone back to sleep - he's got molars coming in and he needs his naps Doing - taking a break from guitar, typing here, about to help one of my friends with a building project at his apt Thinking - must do the work that's in front of me, stop thinking too far ahead, developing chronic pain in my thumbs and wrists that I really really hope goes away rather than heralding even worse pain down the road

Eating - A chia pod. don't even ask... it's good for digestion, OK?? Drinking - Hibiscus iced tea Listening - some mellow ambient stuff to keep me from murdering my boss Doing - Developing a UI for a native samsung app that will be out on over a billion devices. Thinking - this deadline is effing impossible, and my cortisol levels are probably through the roof. I would work faster if I was listening to some thrash or tech. death, but I need to keep my blood pressure down.