What's on your mind?

Apoc

46 minutes ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

That I agree with, when I was studying law medical negligence was its own sub-category. I distinctly recall being horrified learning that amputating the wrong limb does, in fact, not reach the gross incompetence threshold required to prove negligence.

Wow that's insane but not surprising.

Laws are often written with massive input from professional bodies whose main goal is protection of their members.  In essence a lot of crime is in fact legalised.

3 minutes ago, Kai said:

You have cows? Wow. How cool is that. I am a big cow fan (and generally of all animals).

Yeah, depending on the time of year between 300 and 500 of them. Sometimes the number increases but it's rare we do over 700 at a time these days. We also have goats, sheep, and a couple on long necks (llamas) but they aren't the mainstay of the farm they are really just hilly grass cutters that need shaving once a year.

43 minutes ago, Kai said:

Damned lobbying groups invading DC all the time. 

I'm in Australia and I work in government.  It isn't necessarily lobby groups, it's professional industry bodies which are basically guilds eg Australian Medical Association or the various Royal Colleges of medicine.  Same applies to everything here.

The goal is to minimise consumer protection and reduce corporate liability and responsibility.

Eg I had an issue with my telco. Optus, ripping me off and refusing to deal with my complaint.

I went to Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman who then directed me back to Optus.  Why?

Well guess who sits on the board of the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman?  Optus (and other major telcos). 

That's how everything works in Australia - the rich make their own rules and the system is designed to protect them or privilieged groups.  

Hence doctors and nurses at my employer can keep killing people including babies and covering up for paedophiles for 20 years and nothing is done to change it.

Sometimes I think we need a 1917 style revolution. 

5 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Hey folks. Just figured I would drop by and check in. I'm finishing up some work and some recording stuff, making plans to get everything moved, running errands, changing diapers. Somewhere in there, I pretty much stopped listening to any music over the past few months, and it's made me more conscious of how little I was actually processing anything I was hearing, when I was just involved in the constant churn. Somehow playing and writing music is more fun when I'm not keeping up with it all. I'm sure the pendulum will swing back the other way at some point.

Anyway, I hope you're all well, miss you guys, maybe I can get back to regular posting here again later in the year.

Glad you’re doing well mate

48 minutes ago, H34VYM3T4LD4V3 said:

Hey guys, I realise it has been a whole year since I last posted..... so how is everyone? 😁

you know I was going to write a really smart arse reply, then I forgot about halfway through what the point was gonna be… So yeah guess I haven’t changed much since you’ve been gone

49 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Goat Lives Matter

Make America Goat Again, hmm MAGA surely there’s no one else that has a slogan you could abbreviate like that…

6 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Make America Goat Again, hmm MAGA surely there’s no one else that has a slogan you could abbreviate like that…It is quite funny that he’s still going to be the republican candidate.

If we're really lucky, Trumpy becomes president and him, Xi and Putin have an epic show down and send us all to nuclear oblivion.

We can only hope.

I went to a vigil last night for women and children who have been murdered in domestic violence.

They had a lived experience person speaking and I was shocked at who they chose.

So you'd expect a woman or child survivor.  No, it was an old friend of mine, who now identifies as woman but no surgery and still dresses like a man.

Now my wife and I stopped being friends with her because she was a compulsive liar, a narcissist and is malicious including engaging in behaviour against her ex-wife that is defined as domestic violence (attempts at coercive control).

Now she defines herself as a victim (we know there wasn't anything as the cops never laid charges against her crippled near dead and at times paralysed ex-wife).  In any case hard to believe a woman in a wheelchair who at times couldn't speak or move could beat up a fully grown healthy man.

This is the modern world: a dude vaguely identifying as a woman and who despite having engaged in some nasty shit of their own speaking on behalf of murdered victims of domestic violence.

15 minutes ago, Kai said:

Finally able to swim again today - fantastic. Water was at 84F, crystal clear. Finally saw some long-spine sea urchins in the reef again - these fellows keep the algae away from overgrowing corals. We had a problem with all of them dying all of a sudden - and no one even knows why. Luckily some made it and they are coming back keeping the reefs clean. Saw many fish and also our big barracuda "Big Mama". Trumpet fish was interesting too, other than that the usual culprits. Some Line Jacks swam a couple hundred meters with us - they like to swim under our bodies, nearly attached. We call them dogs because of that. Got 2400 yards done. Favorite activity of my wife and me. In the heat which we are having right now (up to 100+) and high humidity a welcome cool down.

That is so cool to see all that wildlife. 

Though I am a shit swimmer and basically a coward so I'll stick to pools and visiting fish at aquariums!

Was looking forward to seeing Inter Arma tomorrow at Desertfest, checked today and find they've bloody pulled out! It was literally the only band I wanted to see on the Saturday line up, since I misread Weedeater as Weedpecker.

Turned out ok because I could get a refund and there were still tickets available for Sunday when Boris, King Buffalo and Weedpecker are playing. Result!

Now unfortunately I will not be at a metal gig as the crown is placed on King Charles' twatly head. While I accept that statistically a constitutional monarchy is the most stable form of government, I just can't bring myself to actually watch the absurd pantomime. 

New types of leave being introduced at my workplace:

• Gender affirmation leave
  • Recognition of aboriginal kinship relationships for the purposes of leave
  • Aboriginal cultural leave

This is getting beyond ridiculous.  No longer about equality but rather about special privileges.

No meaningful pay rise though despite inflation and interest rates smashing living standarsd.

that just sounds, horrible, tea and chocolate don’t go together, unlike coffee and chocolate which totally do.

Anyway having pretty serious arachnophobia you can imagine my horror at finding a huntsman comfortably resting atop the mailbox this morning. Especially so considering with my vision, I was practically touching the thing before I saw it was there…